Yaarrr! Sept 19 Be "Talk Like A Pirate Day"

Ye all be nothing but scurvy dogs, forcing me to be having to bump my own thread...

Belay that caterwallin, I be givin notice of the day in another thread. So any landlubber who claim they dinna know the day be walkin the plank.

A pertinent repost from the distant past:

Good news, lads.

I figured out how to configure the software for the Belichicoder to interpret his press conference in Pirate and this is how it came out:

Bill Belichick addresses the media during his press conference at Gillette Stadium.

BB: I think the tapes today indicated pretty much what we all saw out there yesterday. It would be unusual if it showed, for instance, a completely different game-- in which case we would suspect we had the wrong tape in. We did some good things and bad things and even some things in between that were fair to middlin’ and this week in practice we will work on things that will make us a better team (yawn). Now, I could go on here with the regular press conference and feed you guys the usual baloney, but since tomorrow is International Talk Like a Pirate day, I’m going to answer all of your questions like a Pirate Capatain would. You can me Barnacle Bill Belichick. Now, give me a good broadsides and may y’er powder be dryer than t’is usual.

Q: What came together for you on that last drive?

BBB: Ahh, lads. T’wer sweeter than butter treacle. We give the ball to crusty old Corey and he crashed through them like a rogue whale breaching on a rowboat. They could no more stop him than a full weather glass can stop a squall.

Q: What was the team’s reaction to the Corey Dillon play where he picked up the first down and ran over the safety?

BBB: Oh, they were in fine spirits, indeed. I allotted an extra ration of grog to the hearties and it made for a welcome respite, tho’ we’ve barely left sight of land.

Q: Did you hit the three-second rewind button on your TiVo and rewind it?

BBB: We need no TiVo, lubber, nor do we wish to plunder one. The story was told and we toasted him right hearty.

Q: Is it easier to correct mistakes when you get beat by one big play rather than grinding out a 17 play drive?

BBB: T’is like decidin’ whether it’s easier to be impaled on the pike of a narwhal or to take two dozen lashes from the cat. Either way, you’ll be wishin’ you were dead before first bell strikes.

Q: Was there a reason why you showed, I mean, told the team of Dillon’s play?

BBB: Some o’ the boys are hale and weathered an’ others like Maroney are barely able to buckle their own boots. Show them the way an old salt like Corey does it will prove right handy when the seas rise and the wind blows hard from the nor’east.

Q: I know you stress playing physical, was that play maybe an example of that?

BBB: By Neptune’s beard, you’ve the brains of a Galapagos tortoise to ask me a question like that. Arrrrgh. I’ve never seen the likes of ye. I’d like to give ye’ a spritely smack with a belayin’ pin for that one.

Q: How do you school rookies on trying to stay even keeled, not getting too emotionally high or too low?

BBB: Now, yar talkin’, keels are somethin’ I’m able to ken without undue strainin’. Any captain worth his salt knows that a young lad can be overly high-strung and prone to despair when the winds against ‘ye or there’s nothin’ to plunder. On t’other hand a rich strike on his first voyage can get him thinking about hiring a porter to carry his gold and retirin’ to Nantucket ‘afore he’s even got his sea legs beneath him. If a lad gets too full of ‘imself I send him down to man the bilge pumps until his cap fits a tad looser. That fixes ‘em up right quick.

Q: What’s your opinon of how Eric Mangini coached yesterday?

BBB: A fine example of what I was sayin’. He came to me as a lubber and I taught him all he knows and then he goes and jumps ship at the first port o’call and hires himself out agin’ me. He doesn’t know a f’ocusle from a windlass and you can print that. The Jets will be lucky if he doesn’t run them onto the black spine of a reef by October.

Q: Is that why you gave him the kind of handshake you did?

BB: You can make up a song and play it on the tin whistle for all I care, lad. You be sure an’ let me know if ya ever see two coaches jump up on a barrel and do it orangutan style.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Q-1BVhTAfTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seems like those lowlife bastards have been leaving American ships alone. Or does it just not make the news anymore?

They've been leaving everyone alone.

From here.

Somali pirates hijack first ship since 2012

Somali pirates have seized a cargo ship in their first successful hijacking since 2012

Reuters

12:32PM GMT 19 Jan 2014

Pirates have seized a merchant ship in the Red Sea and have taken it south towards Somali waters, in the first successful hijacking in the region since 2012.

The vessel, identified as the MV Marzooqah, sent a distress signal on Saturday evening in the Red Sea and was then turned towards the Gulf of Aden, said Andrew Mwangura, secretary general of the Seafarers Union of Kenya.

The number of attacks by Somali pirates dropped sharply in 2013, largely because of an international naval effort. No ships were succesfully hijacked.

Looking at the ICC map, it doesn't appear there have been much else going on there this year.

This year, Talk like a pirate day also happens to be the day I'm getting married. I've already been given the okay by the fiancee to say my vows as such.

Think I found myself a keeper!

This year, Talk like a pirate day also happens to be the day I'm getting married. I've already been given the okay by the fiancee to say my vows as such.

Think I found myself a keeper!

It's here Matey.
miscellaneous-shiver_me_timbers-pirates-sayings-mottos-phrases-gla110414_low.jpg

Head's up it's tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back