Your rescued bundle of joy

Muse

Paleface
Reaction score
How many of us here have some rescued pets in their home right now?

I been rescuing birds since 1998. The love they give you just seems even more so just simply from their life experiences.

This is Jasper, I rescued him in 1999 at the age of five, he is still with us. He was housed in a cage meant for cockatiels. He couldn't spread out his wing the first five years of his life. When I brought him home he would not leave that cage for 6-7 months. I would sit by him daily, just talking to him and leaving the door open. It took sitting by him all of those months before he would come out to me. I can't use a broom or mop around him for he will get defensive or cry.

We celebrated his "birthday month" which is the month he came home. That was October.

If you have any rescued pets now, or have had some share some pictures here in the thread. The story how it happen, age, name and so on.

Let's get some cuteness going on.

123135372_10158630959380928_8576790993401021886_n.jpg

Nothing now but in 2013 my wife took in a friends cat as she was moving and couldn’t take all her cats. My wife said it was only for a short time until it found a home. The cat was already a senior cat of at least 12 years old at that point. It stayed with us until January of 2021 when we knew with a second child needing the litter box room, we wouldn’t have room. The friend took it back and it passed away peacefully two weeks later. He was in his 20’s so it wasn’t unexpected. My goal is to rescue a yellow or chocolate lab at some point of my life (would prefer a puppy though). Got to get the kids use to dogs first. Olivia doesn’t like them at all and Elizabeth will pet little ones now (a step up from being afraid of them as she was). I wouldn’t be opposed to a beagle (or beagle/basset hound mix) either. I had a beagle basset mix as a kid.

This was BJ. I lost him a few years ago. He was the most chilled, laid back bird I have ever come across. He was just the sweetest thing ever. He is a white face cockatiel.

2013-09-30-13-43-03.jpg

OK, you sucked me back in.....

Here are siblings we adopted from the Animal Rescue League of Boston. They were found on the side of a road in April, estimated to be no more than a couple of days old at the time. We got them when they were 10 weeks old, they are now 7 months.

Minnie is lying on her back and her brother Ajax is watching over her. They have brought untold joy to our household.

Attachments

• kittens.jpg
    kittens.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 8
OK, you sucked me back in.....

Here are siblings we adopted from the Animal Rescue League of Boston. They were found on the side of a road in April, estimated to be no more than a couple of days old at the time. We got them when they were 10 weeks old, they are now 7 months.

Minnie is lying on her back and her brother Ajax is watching over her. They have brought untold joy to our household.
What a great picture! Minnie and Ajax are gorgeous.

1636127400512.png 1636127527456.png 1636127589093.png
This is Ambrose and Duke... Ambrose is the one with the white under his chin. At first he didn't want the little boy sitting there, then they fell asleep and the next thing we knew they were cuddling. Ambrose followed my daughter home one night and kept hanging around our house (outside) for a couple months. She would leave window open during the day so he could come into her room. After a couple months he ventured out of her room and took up a spot on the couch. Duke was a kitten from a cat belonging to someone I know and every time I was there he would always come to greet me so when they were ready, I took him home. They are both so sweet I can't even get over it.

Last edited:
This is Sid Vicious. We rescued him around 9 years ago. A friend of a friend was at a party and saw him being mistreated and snuck him out in his coat. The original owners figured out who had him and threatened to call the police. He said that that was fine and he would just meet them and the police at the veterinarian where they could explain all of the things that they had found wrong with him due to being mistreated. They decided that it wasn't worth the trouble. We weren't really looking for a pet but nobody else could keep him so we decided that we would. He's still a bit of a pain in the ass but he's our pain in the ass.240735313_10158072630082401_2244507318988794430_n.jpg

My daughter rescued a dashaund from a puppy mill and she turned out to be the sweetest little dog ever. We took her for the last 3 years before she developed a brain tumor just before she turned 18.
Her and her husband also rescued a 1 year old Basset about 7 years ago. He turned out to be the most needy dog and a big PIA. He has at times made their lives miserable.
Having said that it's impossible not to like the dog. They wouldn't even think of getting rid of him.

great thread, muse!!
you brought bid back!

and yes, ya bunch of lunks are just softies, i love it! ❤
never would have pegged patsr or aloy as cat daddies...so awesome!😻
We actually have 3 but the third wasn't a rescue. The black and white one is Divot. Sent the daughter to pick up dog food and she came back with 42 lbs. 40 lbs of dog food and 2 pounds of kitten.

1636129737548.jpeg

i rescued a cat once who was horrendous. jealous of all the other cats, always starting shit with them, always getting underfoot on purpose so you just about killed yourself not stepping on her. just ugh...my mom would always ask me why i wouldn't give her back to the shelter(this says a lot about her...but i digress!). i would never do that! i would tell my mom ,"because i adopted her and that was a promise to care for her." she never got that. again, says a lot about her....buuuttt...that's how i feel. if the animal were harming people or other animals, i would have to think about how best to handle that.

Back