2021 draft. Round 1 pick 15 Patriots select QB Mac Jones!

Hey, what is the hottest pepper that you've personally ate? What is the name of it? Ghost? Carolina Reaper? What?
I have hot sauce the end flatline . That has both in it. I done Gettysburg ghost wings challenge The XXX original challege which has Caroline reaper . At Jake melnicks in Chicago.

Last edited:
I have hot sauce the end flatline . that has both in it. I done Gettysburg ghost wings challege. The XXX original challege has Caroline reaper . at Jake melnicks in Chicago.
I'm getting pepper seeds from pepperjoes...growing my own stash. Just wanted your input dew...what is the best hot pepper with good flavor?

Really happy about Jones, but I hope we can bury that picture forever.

Reminds me of Jamis Winston.

If I were a Broncos fan I’d be so pissed off right now.

I imagine that everyone in the organization had been telling Belichick to draft Jones but that he really wanted Alijah Vera-Tucker. Then the Jets jumped in front and drafted the guy Bill wanted and crushed all resistance in his mind to drafting a QB in the first round. I have no doubt there are better value picks at the QB position later in the draft, or in free agency. Not to mention Garrapollo is going to be released, Aaron Rodgers may retire ( and be available for relatively little in a trade ), and of course Cam’s going to great once whatever undisclosed injury has healed.

So this is all about the Jets foiling Belichick’s plans out of spite for humiliating them years ago when he resigned as HC of the NYJ. So let’s give this one to the Jets. Their fans deserve it. Probably should create a separate topic about this so Gang Green sees it and thinks we are serious.

I'm getting pepper seeds from pepperjoes...growing my own stash. Just wanted your input dew...what is the best hot pepper with good flavor?
They're not super hot at all, but I absolutely love the flavor of Thai Birds Eye Chilis. Only like 100k on the scoville scale, but that means you can cut them up whole and throw them in a dish like you would a Jalapeno without making something that'll absolutely blow someone out of the water. When I'm making hot sauce I'll use Birds Eye Chilis for the base, and then Ghost Peppers to add enough heat to get me where I want to be. They pair well together too. I'm personally not a fan of the flavor of Reapers, they run in the vein of sweet and fruity too much for my taste, but for those who like habaneros (which are much the same) they pair well together also.

They're not super hot at all, but I absolutely love the flavor of Thai Birds Eye Chilis. Only like 100k on the scoville scale, but that means you can cut them up whole and throw them in a dish like you would a Jalapeno without making something that'll absolutely blow someone out of the water. When I'm making hot sauce I'll use Birds Eye Chilis for the base, and then Ghost Peppers to add enough heat to get me where I want to be. They pair well together too. I'm personally not a fan of the flavor of Reapers, they run in the vein of sweet and fruity too much for my taste, but for those who like habaneros (which are much the same) they pair well together also.
...awesome! Do you have a link? There needs to be a thread on this subject...obviously.

Getting back to the draft...
Very mixed emotions on this. I had Jones as the 5th Qb of the 5. He is the one I wanted the least.
I could not believe Fields fell to 11 like everyone predicted with Denver not taking a Qb and then the trade is made at 11 and I was off my seat in anticipation and it was ... the Bears. Talk about a gut punch.

With that as the back drop, I am happy we got a Qb and that we didn't have to trade up. I do like a lot of Jones traits of being smart and a leader but he is not the type of Qb you want in today's league. He can't move, has no escapabiliy. He played on a stacked team. My fear is we will feel like Chicago when they drafted Trib when they could have had Watson or Mahomes.

My other thought is this also signals the continuation of the Brady offense which we desperately need to scrap. Even Brady left it to play in Arians system. You need a dynamic offense with play makers and speed. The system is unbelievably complex on top which means it is doubtful we see Jones play at all this year. Bill said last night that Cam is our starter and Jones has a long way to go to even jump Stidham. Sigh.

So we'll see how it all shakes out. Jones is certainly a likeable guy and I will be rooting hard for him to have the best TC of his life. Anything is better than another season of Cam. Lol

Only Trevor was everyone's #1 ranked QB. The other 4 QBs were ordered depending on what skills a team needed that best fit their need.
BB wants a QB who processes quickly, makes good decisions, throws accurately and on schedule. Mac Jones is clearly the best of that combination of traits.
He's the best fit for the Pats.

The dual threat QB popular fad for some in today's league may or may not become preferred over the drop back platform passer but it hasn't taken over after 60 years of trying. Running QBs aren't new. They've been around for a long, long time. The original dual threat QB was Fran Tarkenton who still holds a lot of records. He was drafted in 1961. Iow, for 60 years NFL GMs have had plenty of opportunity to choose "the type of QB you want in today's league" and yet they're still choosing the effective pocket passer with some degree of escapability over the RPO/running QB for maximum success. I include Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Trevor Lawrence, AWilson, PManning in that list of successful QBs. Lamar is a fad.

Why scrap an offense that has worked better than any other offensive system for the last 45 years? Teams have tried hard to defend it but for every defense built to stop it there's an option built into the E-P system that counters any D. Look it up, study it and see why it works. It's actually not all that complex but it is different conceptually than players in HS and college are used to. It's not a "here's the play - run it just like it's drawn out" offense. It was designed to be flexible, effective and easy to understand based on a few simple concepts.

Very mixed emotions on this. I had Jones as the 5th Qb of the 5. He is the one I wanted the least.
I could not believe Fields fell to 11 like everyone predicted with Denver not taking a Qb and then the trade is made at 11 and I was off my seat in anticipation and it was ... the Bears. Talk about a gut punch.

With that as the back drop, I am happy we got a Qb and that we didn't have to trade up. I do like a lot of Jones traits of being smart and a leader but he is not the type of Qb you want in today's league. He can't move, has no escapabiliy. He played on a stacked team. My fear is we will feel like Chicago when they drafted Trib when they could have had Watson or Mahomes.

My other thought is this also signals the continuation of the Brady offense which we desperately need to scrap. Even Brady left it to play in Arians system. You need a dynamic offense with play makers and speed. The system is unbelievably complex on top which means it is doubtful we see Jones play at all this year. Bill said last night that Cam is our starter and Jones has a long way to go to even jump Stidham. Sigh.

So we'll see how it all shakes out. Jones is certainly a likeable guy and I will be rooting hard for him to have the best TC of his life. Anything is better than another season of Cam. Lol

LOL.

Just... LOL.

Mac is literally the same type of QB as your idol, the guy you switched allegiances for, and yet Mac is the worst of the 5 (which isn’t true at all).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I imagine that everyone in the organization had been telling Belichick to draft Jones but that he really wanted Alijah Vera-Tucker. Then the Jets jumped in front and drafted the guy Bill wanted and crushed all resistance in his mind to drafting a QB in the first round. I have no doubt there are better value picks at the QB position later in the draft, or in free agency. Not to mention Garrapollo is going to be released, Aaron Rodgers may retire ( and be available for relatively little in a trade ), and of course Cam’s going to great once whatever undisclosed injury has healed.

So this is all about the Jets foiling Belichick’s plans out of spite for humiliating them years ago when he resigned as HC of the NYJ. So let’s give this one to the Jets. Their fans deserve it. Probably should create a separate topic about this so Gang Green sees it and thinks we are serious.

Why would JimmyG be released when the 49ers clearly drafted a project QB? Lance will not start the first 8+ games.

LOL.

Just... LOL.

Mac is literally the same type of QB as your idol, the guy you switched allegiances for, and yet Mac is the worst of the 5 (which isn’t true at all).

Joe Montana...or TFB. Yup...best draft pick for BB since TFB.

Getting back to the draft...

Only Trevor was everyone's #1 ranked QB. The other 4 QBs were ordered depending on what skills a team needed that best fit their need.
BB wants a QB who processes quickly, makes good decisions, throws accurately and on schedule. Mac Jones is clearly the best of that combination of traits.
He's the best fit for the Pats.

The dual threat QB popular fad for some in today's league may or may not become preferred over the drop back platform passer but it hasn't taken over after 60 years of trying. Running QBs aren't new. They've been around for a long, long time. The original dual threat QB was Fran Tarkenton who still holds a lot of records. He was drafted in 1961. Iow, for 60 years NFL GMs have had plenty of opportunity to choose "the type of QB you want in today's league" and yet they're still choosing the effective pocket passer with some degree of escapability over the RPO/running QB for maximum success. I include Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Trevor Lawrence, AWilson, PManning in that list of successful QBs. Lamar is a fad.

Why scrap an offense that has worked better than any other offensive system for the last 45 years? Teams have tried hard to defend it but for every defense built to stop it there's an option built into the E-P system that counters any D. Look it up, study it and see why it works. It's actually not all that complex but it is different conceptually than players in HS and college are used to. It's not a "here's the play - run it just like it's drawn out" offense. It was designed to be flexible, effective and easy to understand based on a few simple concepts.
Trevor was everyone's #1. I said that Jones was my #5 of the 5 QBs. Still, I am very happy we came away with one of them and we did not have to trade up either.

When I talk about Mac Jones skill set, I am not talking about him being a dual threat passer and runner. I could care less about that although it is nice to have a more athletic guy that can escape the pocket from time to time and pick up a first down with his legs like a Rodgers.

Jones is not a QB that can create on his own and make plays happen. In other words, he is not going to elevate those around him. They will have to elevate him. Alabama was the most stacked team - 2 of their receivers went last night in the top 10 and both were trade ups to get them. He has good pocket presence, supposedly is very cerebral which I don't doubt and has a decent arm. I get those are all traits the Pats like mostly because of Brady but you will really have to look long and hard at today's NFL landscape to see if that is really the type of QB and offense you want to run to compete with the Bills and Chiefs.

NFL offenses have morphed to college friendly styles with tons of misdirection, motions and most of all speed. Our offense is not predicated on any of that especially now that we have gone TE and RB heavy which I actually think is the right approach with a rookie QB to start but my fear is because of Jones skillset or lack thereof, we are going to stay with this antiquated offense and not be able to keep up with the likes of the Bills and Chiefs. We have to be dynamic to compete. We can't just plod along. It won't be good enough with the ways things are trending in the league especially with the rules that make the passing game almost criminally easy.

All that being said, I like Jones persona. I loved the way he strutted down the hallway when he was picked. He certainly seems to have the right attitude to compete and hopefully win the starting job this year. I just hope Bill is not so married to Cam that he does not give him a chance. We drafted him at 15 for a reason - to play now.

To me, and I'm on record, that Mac was the guy that I wanted the Patriots to take for months.
During the past couple of weeks, I admit that I looked at other girls, but that was because I was afraid of being jilted.
But it was Mac all along.

Back