2021 draft. Round 1 pick 15 Patriots select QB Mac Jones!

It appears to have worked out well. They didn't have to trade for a better pick, and they picked up a decent young qb, who I think can be a starter, and improve as the year goes on. So, good job, Patriots. We'll see how it goes, but it seems that it couldn't be much better, as far as drafting a qb goes.

I don't expect him to start right away, as I expect Cam to be better and it IS his locker room, but.....if Cam falters can you imagine the drama of Brady coming back to New England to face the Patriots with Jones? I can't even imagine what that would be like. It seems like fate or something to me. Like this is what was supposed to happen.

Wow, looks like BB got the guy he wanted.

Yes, he did. BTW, I came up with a new nick for your new head guy tonight. BHB. Bullet Head Bob. You're welcome.

In all seriousness, congrats on what is going on over there. It actually appears like you might have cleared most of the slapdicks out and the border war will be starting up again. Just like it's supposed to be.

I don't expect him to start right away, as I expect Cam to be better and it IS his locker room, but.....if Cam falters can you imagine the drama of Brady coming back to New England to face the Patriots with Jones? I can't even imagine what that would be like. It seems like fate or something to me. Like this is what was supposed to happen.
Similar to when Manning came back to play against Luck.

Yeah, I eally doubt he'll start week one, but I hope he does by week 11 or 12 or so

Much has been said and written about the complexity of the Patriots offensive system and it is no small thing when you're looking for guys to bring in. Not everybody can
figure out all the options on the fly or can't do it quickly enough to earn snaps or keep the ones they have. Some can do it fast and most can't.

Mac Jones, however, gives every indication that he is the guy that can handle it. 4.0 grade average, multiple academic awards and if you watch him play you'll see all that
applies to his game. He's the guy we need. The fit.

11 or 12 would be fine with me. So would next year, but Cam knows his role here isn't the same as it was a few hours ago. I expect he will handle it with class and fight to keep
his job as he should. Maybe there will be a role for both to get snaps at some point, but it'll be Brady/Bledsoe before long.

Much has been said and written about the complexity of the Patriots offensive system and it is no small thing when you're looking for guys to bring in. Not everybody can
figure out all the options on the fly or can't do it quickly enough to earn snaps or keep the ones they have. Some can do it fast and most can't.

Mac Jones, however, gives every indication that he is the guy that can handle it. 4.0 grade average, multiple academic awards and if you watch him play you'll see all that
applies to his game. He's the guy we need. The fit.

11 or 12 would be fine with me. So would next year, but Cam knows his role here isn't the same as it was a few hours ago. I expect he will handle it with class and fight to keep
his job as he should. Maybe there will be a role for both to get snaps at some point, but it'll be Brady/Bledsoe before long.
My hope is that Cam will embrace the Alex Smith role on the team this year.

Yes, he did. BTW, I came up with a new nick for your new head guy tonight. BHB. Bullet Head Bob. You're welcome.

In all seriousness, congrats on what is going on over there. It actually appears like you might have cleared most of the slapdicks out and the border war will be starting up again. Just like it's supposed to be.
Thanks. I like the new GM & HC and I hope I’m wrong but i don’t like the pick. He just seems like another “one great year guy”.

Let's see if Cam Newton gets traded tomorrow or tonight. I don't think so, but it wouldn't surprise me. I kind of hope so. He was about 1/2 as good as Brady was last year, but of course the Pats didn't have many weapons. Anyway, Newton would be a good backup for about a game or two. At least the Patriots drafted a decent qb, and they have more weapons. The first few games will tell the tale. (Cam is a good runner).

Let's see if Cam Newton gets traded tomorrow or tonight. I don't think so, but it wouldn't surprise me. I kind of hope so. He was about 1/2 as good as Brady was last year, but of course the Pats didn't have many weapons. Anyway, Newton would be a good backup for about a game or two. At least the Patriots drafted a decent qb, and they have more weapons. The first few games will tell the tale. (Cam is a good runner).

Let's not put too much pressure on the young man who has a lot to learn. Throwing him to the wolves might not be the best thing for his psyche

Back