2021 Was a nice run

He's been sick for 2 weeks.

If this is what I had it could be ANOTHER two weeks and the more of the morning guck clearing. Something was running around the MSU campus and I picked it up at the Michigan game. It isn't terrible, but it sticks around a while.

Oh for god sake....a few backs back, none of the trolls could be seen for dust, they disappeared like cockroaches under a light. And now two losses in a row and they come flooding back! :rofl:

That is what Trolls do.

Wow..... You almost sound like that Shakespeer guy. Olde British and stuff.

Which would be "methinks" but close enough for a web forum.
When I was in the fifth grade, which would be 1962-63, my line as Merlin in a play in English class was:

”Methinks, my lord, that you promised anything your castle held to anyone who would rescue you.”

This was after the hero had asked for the King’s daughter’s hand in marriage.

”Methinks, my lord, that you promised anything your castle held to anyone who would rescue you".

I saw that written on a bathroom stall at a rest area on the Mass Pike a few years ago.

”Methinks, my lord, that you promised anything your castle held to anyone who would rescue you".

I saw that written on a bathroom stall at a rest area on the Mass Pike a few years ago.
He was in the stall to your right, peeking through the glory hole.

Cheers

I think Jones has finally hit the rookie wall and won't improve anymore this year. The vaulted defense is suddenly terrible. If the Pats make the playoffs, they'll be one and done. Based on this year, next year looks very promising.

I think Jones has finally hit the rookie wall and won't improve anymore this year. The vaulted defense is suddenly terrible. If the Pats make the playoffs, they'll be one and done. Based on this year, next year looks very promising.

It is a combination of things. Mac does appear to me struggling a bit for sure. The question is WHY.

One (of a few) answer: When FANS like us know if the play call is a run or a pass 60% of the time (or more) then you KNOW the other professional team knows 85% (or more) of the time. There isn't a QB is the league that can win with such predictable play run/pass play calling. I bitch about Josh and rightly so, but the HC has to see this and has to direct the change required.

It is so bad it almost looks purposeful and it seems to be getting in the head of Mac.

Just my .02.

It is a combination of things. Mac does appear to me struggling a bit for sure. The question is WHY.

One (of a few) answer: When FANS like us know if the play call is a run or a pass 60% of the time (or more) then you KNOW the other professional team knows 85% (or more) of the time. There isn't a QB is the league that can win with such predictable play run/pass play calling. I bitch about Josh and rightly so, but the HC has to see this and has to direct the change required.

It is so bad it almost looks purposeful and it seems to be getting in the head of Mac.

Just my .02.

It's a great question.

I don't claim to know why he's struggling, but I hated the decision to not let Mac throw when we had the wind in Buffalo. Very few people complained about that radical game plan, primarily because we ended up with a W, but I saw it as a lack of faith in our QB, so I'll throw that out there as something that might've privately bothered our QB1 because it told him that our braintrust didn't trust him to throw even with the wind at his back.

It's a stretch, sure, and you could point to some bad decisions that he got away with prior to that during wins. Tennessee, for instance.

To be clear, I'm still completely thrilled with what the kid has shown all year and have no worries that there is something in particular wrong with him, other than he's probably
nursing an undislosed injury or two which is giving him problems. He's taken a bunch of shots and they may be accumulating to make him a little jumpy. Maybe it's the knee. Maybe
something else. I dunno.

Also, Agholor hasn't been a revelation, but based on how many times Mac went through a bunch of progressions and couldn't find anybody open, then we might have missed
him out there more than we thought. We need, as always, better talent outside the hashes as witness the fact that Harry is getting playing time in key situations.

It's a great question.

I don't claim to know why he's struggling, but I hated the decision to not let Mac throw when we had the wind in Buffalo. Very few people complained about that radical game plan, primarily because we ended up with a W, but I saw it as a lack of faith in our QB, so I'll throw that out there as something that might've privately bothered our QB1 because it told him that our braintrust didn't trust him to throw even with the wind at his back.

It's a stretch, sure, and you could point to some bad decisions that he got away with prior to that during wins. Tennessee, for instance.

To be clear, I'm still completely thrilled with what the kid has shown all year and have no worries that there is something in particular wrong with him, other than he's probably
nursing an undislosed injury or two which is giving him problems. He's taken a bunch of shots and they may be accumulating to make him a little jumpy. Maybe it's the knee. Maybe
something else. I dunno.

Also, Agholor hasn't been a revelation, but based on how many times Mac went through a bunch of progressions and couldn't find anybody open, then we might have missed
him out there more than we thought. We need, as always, better talent outside the hashes as witness the fact that Harry is getting playing time in key situations.

Huge point. We watched him scan side to side with almost zero open as the rush closed repeatedly. Lack of separation? Sure. Lack of creative play calling?

Also, sure.

Huge point. We watched him scan side to side with almost zero open as the rush closed repeatedly. Lack of separation? Sure. Lack of creative play calling?

Also, sure.

In retrospect, I guess we should be at least pleased that Jones is going through his reads, which he does way better than any of the other rookie
QBs and a bunch of other guys with years under their belts. Plus, he had enough time to do so.

It isn't really time (I don't think) to start ranking our needs for offseason stuff, but maybe Bill got all the confusing, unsatisfying drafts out of
his system and we'll go out next April and find the next Justin Jefferson.

In retrospect, I guess we should be at least pleased that Jones is going through his reads, which he does way better than any of the other rookie
QBs and a bunch of other guys with years under their belts. Plus, he had enough time to do so.

It isn't really time (I don't think) to start ranking our needs for offseason stuff, but maybe Bill got all the confusing, unsatisfying drafts out of
his system and we'll go out next April and find the next Justin Jefferson.
As far as the draft goes my hope is the person that was being allowed to select the draft picks maybe working for another team and that's why the last draft was the best one in years. Just a hunch

It's possibly just me, but does Mac look a bit "rushed" in his throws? By that, I think his accuracy isn't quite where it can be. He's clearly a technically capable passer, but I get the sense that the O line's protection issues have understandably gotten to him.

There's an obvious way to address that and I'd be grateful for draftniks' thoughts on good O Linemen in this draft. Once he gets more time, I think we will see tighter throws and things will click.

Overall, it has been a better season than I expected (I'm very much a pessimist by nature) and I really like the direction. Road Grader's list is spot on, although I would add Stephenson at RB to the plusses.

Don't get me started on Harry. For someone who was billed as "Mr Contested Catch", he sure as hell doesn't look like he can catch anything.

I'm loving JC Jackson's play and Barmore is developing into that interior rusher at QBs really hate.

I mean, not that it's my role to do any kind of pep talk for Pats fans - but New England could definitely go on a deep run this year.

There isn't a coach in either conference who has even a fraction of Belichick's playoff experience. That, to me, is kind of a big deal. The Patriots have been competitive in basically every game, in a year when no team is really dominating. I doubt anyone would really want to see them in the playoffs.

They're not built to win a shootout - but if they can avoid that kind of scenario, they can be in every game.

When I was in the fifth grade, which would be 1962-63, my line as Merlin in a play in English class was:

”Methinks, my lord, that you promised anything your castle held to anyone who would rescue you.”

This was after the hero had asked for the King’s daughter’s hand in marriage.
We actually still speak like that now. I just have to remember to modify my language when going on to teh interwebs.

Back