AB: sued for rape

$50 million contract with Raiders > 9-15 million contract with Patriots.

stop the blind homerism. It is ok to question the woman but do not do so without realizing there was a bigger pay day lost she could have filed against.

the Pats contract is only 25% the raiders deal. IF only money she files right after he signs that deal

Im not talking about the money, Im talking about the timing, so the press would jump on it, the day he signed with the patriots. Mikie I am not the only person to question the timing of this, its literally being asked all over the place, so get off the homerism shit.

look my grammar sucks at times because I am often mid task replying but that is 1st grade sound-pout-your-words level shit
Or, it might just be a cultural thing. In either case, I could care less at the verbiage used

Im not talking about the money, Im talking about the timing, so the press would jump on it, the day he signed with the patriots. Mikie I am not the only person to question the timing of this, its literally being asked all over the place, so get off the homerism shit.

I agree with you on the timing issue. That's what's really going to make this difficult for any type of punitive action by the league...but hey, they've more than shown a willingness to step on their own dicks in the past so why not now. The big thing the Pats have going in their favor is that losing AB at this point is almost meaningless in the grand scheme of things as they have to adjust to him being here verses planning all through TC and the preseason for him.

what makes it better than filing in March when he just signed a bigger deal?

The Raiders and Brown are huge news all the time, just like the pats. It isn't a better time other than they finished cleaning the records.

what makes it better than filing in March when he just signed a bigger deal?

The Raiders and Brown are huge news all the time, just like the pats. It isn't a better time other than they finished cleaning the records.

Just odd timing, all I said, others said it too, but I guess you didnt see those.

Rosenhaus is going on SportsCenter at noon if anyone has a tv close by.

Can't wait to see if he answers questions directly or if he hedges with non answers. Does he deny the accusations 100% or does he hedge. When did he learn about this.

I didn't see the whole interview but this is a pretty strong statement from Rosenhaus in support of Brown.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Antonio Brown agent Drew Rosenhaus on the sexual assault allegations: "I myself am a father and I have two daughters, I wouldn't be doing this interview if I didn't believe Antonio, these allegations are false and he denies every one of them" [<a href="https://twitter.com/gifdsports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@gifdsports</a>]<a href="https://t.co/cmsMG8o47j">pic.twitter.com/cmsMG8o47j</a></p>— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1171818420897296388?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 11, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rosenhaus is going on SportsCenter at noon if anyone has a tv close by.

Can't wait to see if he answers questions directly or if he hedges with non answers. Does he deny the accusations 100% or does he hedge. When did he learn about this.

Drew @RosenhausSports on ESPN on Brown: "Antonio and I have been unfortunately anticipating this possibility. Antonio takes these allegations very seriously. ... These allegations are false."

Ok, so why weren't the Pats told about this little episode?

- Rosenhaus said he’s spoken with the NFLPA, who has spoken with the NFL

- Wouldn’t comment on whether the Patriots knew or not by saying he “won’t be getting into the conversations I’ve had with the Patriots.”

- Cari Champion cut the interview off mid sentence.

Finally, Rosenhaus stated that he wouldn’t be doing the interview if he didn’t fully and completely believe AB was innocent.

Just odd timing, all I said, others said it too, but I guess you didnt see those.
I did but I like you.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I guess Manning can get accused of teabagging a trainer and nothing but a Diva like Brown does it and everyone wants to John the Baptist him.

I did but I like you.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I guess Manning can get accused of teabagging a trainer and nothing but a Diva like Brown does it and everyone wants to John the Baptist him.

Well mikie, last night I said that I didnt know if he did something or not, and I also said that it was odd on the timing and that is was only a civil case and not a criminal one. For that I was torched a bit, and then I said, yeah you know at this point maybe its better if we cut him, and I got torched for that, so I guess at this point I will keep my thoughts on it to myself. Good for you? :thumb:

I did but I like you.

Yeah...great point.

I didn't see the whole interview but this is a pretty strong statement from Rosenhaus in support of Brown.

<twitter-widget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="1171818420897296388"></twitter-widget> <script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's part I & here's part II
https://twitter.com/ftbeard_17/status/1171819149347057670

<iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.d9084ca5af1ffbe01c8d444cfadfa6fe.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.patriotsplanet.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

The timing is perfect...all of the fucking h8rs will just assume it was on the Patriots watch. Not that I gaf...but, it's going to be annoying though.

BB's presser. Top 5 in my book

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/1171812743831273472

EEMn3ecWsAA7LKk

Well not really, because I am by far not protecting Brown in any way shape or form, but it doesnt seem to matter because if I say, hey lets wait and see, Im for rape, and if I say cut his ass, Im an idiot.

I was referring to the fivehead ballswipe incident actually...

What background would that be? So far, we only know what she says about herself in the complaint unless info has come to light.

I googled her and found a decent bio:

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/britney-taylor/

Maybe I should have included that stuff before I vented.

The fact that she is educated, a professional (owns a gym), is very well-spoken and her statements sound very consistent with somebody that believes that she was raped.

This isn't a criminal crackhead telling wild stories. I have no dog in this fight and if she seemed sketchy, I'd say so. She seems the opposite from the bio and the quotes. This is a problem because perception plays to the public eye even if hard evidence is more important in a legal sense.

Even if it is determined that no rape took place (possible) the texts from Brown are at very least extremely crude, will be disturbing to many and are not consistent with what is expected from a Patriot.

I think he's gone and it can't happen fast enough to suit me. I didn't want him in the first place. Almost nobody did until we started thinking about massive offensive production with him in the lineup and the organization likely will not fight real hard to support him in this situation.

The Pats will do fine either way...that's my view.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

This is a slippery slope/taboo topic...I've had many gf's and chicks tell me their fantasies...and guess what #1 is?

:coffee:

The Pats will do fine either way...that's my view.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

This is a slippery slope/taboo topic...I've had many gf's and chicks tell me their fantasies...and guess what #1 is?

:coffee:

Someone else? Beagle

I googled her and found a decent bio:

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/britney-taylor/

Maybe I should have included that stuff before I vented.

The fact that she is educated, a professional (owns a gym), is very well-spoken and her statements sound very consistent with somebody that believes that she was raped.

This isn't a criminal crackhead telling wild stories. I have no dog in this fight and if she seemed sketchy, I'd say so. She seems the opposite from the bio and the quotes. This is a problem because perception plays to the public eye even if hard evidence is more important in a legal sense.

Even if it is determined that no rape took place (possible) the texts from Brown are at very least extremely crude, will be disturbing to many and are not consistent with what is expected from a Patriot.

I think he's gone and it can't happen fast enough to suit me. I didn't want him in the first place. Almost nobody did until we started thinking about massive offensive production with him in the lineup and the organization likely will not fight real hard to support him in this situation.

I guess we'll find out for sure because her life is about to be examined with a fine toothed comb. Most of what is quoted in that article comes directly from the lawsuit with direct cut and pastes from her lawyers representation of her.

If there's any evidence that he's guilty, I hope he spends some decent time in prison. But with no police report, a fishy lapse of time and seemingly impeccable timing, I'll reserve judgement until we know more about this person.

I hope it's not true, I conceded the possibility that it may be true. But everyone is entitled to due process.

Bottom line for me is I never wanted this asswipe on the team. When the rumors were going around last week that the Patriots were one of the teams he could land, I completely dismissed them. No way would the Pats subject themselves to this clown and his sophomoric behavior.

Then when the news hit, I tried to reconsider. Maybe it will work out. But I added the caveat that leash be very short, and any misstep my hope is that he would be gone, and I'd wake up from a bad dream, shake it off, and move on.

But no, now we have to pretend that he has some "selective integrity", yes he's a bad cat, but not that bad that he would do this. Yes he did all that other stuff, but not this, so we can overlook it and celebrate when he scores TDs on Sundays.

I put him in the same class as Tyreek Hill. Maybe neither of them are guilty of anything, but they both smell rotten, and I don't like rotten smells. They make me puke.

I want to be proud of the team we put on the field and proud to wear the colors around town - in hostile territory BTW. But I have a REAL HARD TIME getting behind this move. I don't like it, and this accusation adds fuel to the already hot fire.

It's just a matter of time anyway until he does the next stupid thing.

I wish this week was spent talking about the Pittsburgh win, how to fill the void of the Marcus Cannon injury, how to run an offense without a TE, etc. Instead I have not even had a minute to enjoy the win or even to look ahead to next week. It's all AB, and I'm sick of it.

Patriot Way has lost it's way. And it is very sad to me.

Back