Adam Vinatieri made all 5 field goals Sunday and has converted 38 in a row...

I never understood the AV hate. He was an awesome kicker for the Patriots going back to the Parcells years. He made the most amazing kick in Patriots history, we all know the story.

It's at the point now where he's been a Colt longer than being a Patriot. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, the Patriots didn't want to pay him long term. Another team did so he left. Playing in a dome, at minimum 8 games per, has probably contributed to his longevity given the circumstances. Would love to still have him here though

Happy for the guy, but a little bittersweet given Ghost has apparently decided to test the barriers of full retard for the past few months...

I was mad for a while that he left for another team...but, he absolutely helped the Pats get a few rings...so, it's dumb to hate him.

What if AV missed those kicks? :coffee:

Didn't we have AV when we had Poodle Pete for a coach?

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

I distinctly remember him missing a FG that would have won us the game against KC one year and I'm almost certain Petey was the coach back then...

Gosh I thought he was already past the amount of games he played as a Pat.

I wonder if he would have had a career at all if not for NFLE?

Didn't we have AV when we had Poodle Pete for a coach?

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

I distinctly remember him missing a FG that would have won us the game against KC one year and I'm almost certain Petey was the coach back then...

Yes it was against the Chiefs in 1999. I'm pretty sure he missed two game winners that year. 8-8 looks a lot worse than 10-6. Imagine if he hit those kicks and Carroll kept his job?

EDIT: He missed a couple late game attempts to tie the game at home against the Bills that year too.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pats-fall-short-to-chiefs/

Back