Adam Vinatieri made all 5 field goals Sunday and has converted 38 in a row...

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Adam Vinatieri made all 5 field goals Sunday and has converted 38 in a row. Third longest consecutive streak, only 5 away from an NFL record.

<form action="#" class="usertext warn-on-unload" id="form-t3_56y9x9wkx">Only Gary Anderson and Mike Vanderjagt have longer streaks at 40 and 42 respectively.

Four of the 5 field goals Vinatieri kicked on Sunday were from 41 yards or more, including 2 from 50+ yards.

Out of the 13 field goals he's made this season, 10 were 40 yards or longer.
Anderson was 39 years old during his streak. Vanderjagt was 33. V is 43 and still as accurate as ever.

</form>

He's not kicker, he's a football player.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WooPp3UVCp8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good for him.

Cheers, BostonTim

I hate Adam for leaving as he did but he may well be the most dominant player at his position of anyone who ever laced em up. He's been so much better, for so long, than anyone else as a kicker that I don't think anyone else, current or not, can say that for the position they play.

Dome kicks don't count.

I hate Adam for leaving as he did but he may well be the most dominant player at his position of anyone who ever laced em up. He's been so much better, for so long, than anyone else as a kicker that I don't think anyone else, current or not, can say that for the position they play.

I don't hate him. When someone is that good at their position, you need to either pay them, or accept that they will eventually go elsewhere. BB didn't want to commit to a long term contract. He was the best kicker in the league at the time, and might still be the best.

I don't hate him. When someone is that good at their position, you need to either pay them, or accept that they will eventually go elsewhere. BB didn't want to commit to a long term contract. He was the best kicker in the league at the time, and might still be the best.

This. How can I hate someone who has done what he has done for the fans of New England? Disappointed he left? Yes? :sulk: But no hate whatever.

Cheers

38 in a row?

He is the best.

I was pissed for awhile at the Indy factor, especially after 06 when he made that commercial with 4 rings, but I don't ever begrudge guys for leaving for more $, unless I have been led to believe that's not as important to them.

This. How can I hate someone who has done what he has done for the fans of New England? Disappointed he left? Yes? :sulk: But no hate whatever.

Cheers

I think some people get caught up in the "**** the world" narrative. I don't understand how else you could hate someone who has brought you so much joy. What, because he wanted to get paid more? Extend his career? That's childish.

It's not like he's talked mad shit about you since he left.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Adam who?

Is this someone we should know?

"FanSince2006"

Don't hate the guy, just do not really care about him, he plays for the weak team down in indy. He is a great kicker, but I root for the pats, so I hope he never makes another kick.

"FanSince2006"

I've been a fan since something like 2011, but Adam Vinateri is a name I know, to say the least. I have to assume the quoted poster was being facetious, as the best I could personally label anyone who didn't know the names Adam Vinateri, or for that matter Teddy Bruschi, Troy Brown, or even Doug Flutie, is "fan in training".

In terms of the original topic, good for him. Of interest as a native Michigander, Vinateri was always the person Hanson was chasing in terms of point leaders for non-QB positions (which is pretty much exclusively kickers, of course). Fun fact for those interested in football lore, in terms of non-QB position scoring leaders among a single team, Jason Hanson is #1 and it's not even close, so the Lions may have been mired in mediocrity forever but their kicker sure was not.

Getting back to Vinateri, he has 240 points left to get to the #1 all time spot, which is to say 80 successful field goals. That could be done in as little as 2 years, it will definitely be done before 5 years is done, but I'm not sure he has 5 years left in him, and am curious as to all of your positions. Does Vinateri finish #1 all time? Does he call it quits at #2 (130 points away), or if the Colts are as bad as they appear to be this year, does he call it quits before then even?

For the record I was just teasing Darth who is pretending that Vinitari is dead to him.

I assume AV will continue to play until he can't perform at a high level anymore. Who knows when that is for kickers?

For the record I was just teasing Darth who is pretending that Vinitari is dead to him.

I assume AV will continue to play until he can't perform at a high level anymore. Who knows when that is for kickers?

Vinateri is the Brady of kickers. He will play foreva.

Back