AFC EAST - as good as people thought?

Good point, but there is no guarantee that a 11-5 team last year won't be a 7-9 team this year (Ravens come to mind) or a crappy team last year won't have 10 wins this year.

I think we are on the same page, just looking at it in different ways.

That's the beauty of what the Patriots are doing. They're playing every 1st place team in the AFC year in and year out. I understand your logic, and your point is valid, but that's not to say the Patriots should regress too. It's the same system for everyone in a league that promotes parity, a salary cap, and a free agent system where the smallest market can compete with the largest one

This run they're on is UNPRESCEDENTED. They even got stripped of a 1st round draft pick in 2008, and got absolutely ZERO out of their 1st and 2nd round pick last year and still won the Super Bowl. IT's ridiculous

#CheatersGonCheat though

You know, I never thought I'd live to see the day when virtually any football comment made would stir up memories of diffferent great Patriots moments.

With apologies to Irving Berlin, I fall asleep counting my Patriots blessings.

Cheers, BostonTim

I know what you mean. Just so many great memories to reflect upon. That 4th ring has kind of put me into nostalgia mode. For some reason 4 rings feels like a lot more than 3. Maybe it was because we waiting so long for the 4th but wow, what a ride this team has given us for the last decade and a half and it's not over yet! :dbanana:

Miami sucks worse than I thought.

Another wise fake bet by me.

I told y'all. Miami's the worst team in the league. 1-15, 2-14 bad. That team's tapped out. Even if they get a new coach, I don't know that it will matter.

Another wise fake bet by me.

I told y'all. Miami's the worst team in the league. 1-15, 2-14 bad. That team's tapped out. Even if they get a new coach, I don't know that it will matter.
Before the year I was thinking:
Pats
Fins
Bills
Jets
but now I have to switch the Fins and Jets.

Based on 4 weeks, which is at least the point where teams start to develop their identity

Bills - Talented but woefully undisciplined. This is fixable, but Rexy seems to be doubling down on the lack of discipline. They still look like the best of the 3 to me but I would be very concerned if I was a fan of this team. The Jets could pass them.

Jets - Businesslike and headed in the right direction. I really think this is the team to worry about 2-3 years down the road if they don't get impatient. They still have zip depth and will finish one game either side of .500.

Dolphins - LOL, a rich man's fantasy team. Collect the "big name" every year and have no plan or cohesion. poor coaching, poor leadership. This is a smoldering dumpster fire about one week away for bursting into flames.

Based on 4 weeks, which is at least the point where teams start to develop their identity

Bills - Talented but woefully undisciplined. This is fixable, but Rexy seems to be doubling down on the lack of discipline. They still look like the best of the 3 to me but I would be very concerned if I was a fan of this team. The Jets could pass them.

Jets - Businesslike and headed in the right direction. I really think this is the team to worry about 2-3 years down the road if they don't get impatient. They still have zip depth and will finish one game either side of .500.

Dolphins - LOL, a rich man's fantasy team. Collect the "big name" every year and have no plan or cohesion. poor coaching, poor leadership. This is a smoldering dumpster fire about one week away for bursting into flames.

Joe Philbin could be the first head coach fired this season.
Jets, just trying way to hard and they are getting beaten up as a result.
Bills, so long as Rex is there they will sound like a good team but keep shooting themselves in the foot on the field.

Joe Philbin could be the first head coach fired this season.
Jets, just trying way to hard and they are getting beaten up as a result.
Bills, so long as Rex is there they will sound like a good team but keep shooting themselves in the foot on the field.
I don't quite understand what you mean when you say the Jets are, "Trying way too hard".

The Jets look much better so far but they've still got a ways to go. If they don't figure out how to cut down on penalties, it could hurt them throughout the season.

Our offense goes through too many slow periods where they forget how to move the ball. That works when playing Miami or Cleveland but when we start playing the better teams, it could definitely be an issue.

I don't quite understand what you mean when you say the Jets are, "Trying way too hard".

The Jets look much better so far but they've still got a ways to go. If they don't figure out how to cut down on penalties, it could hurt them throughout the season.

Our offense goes through too many slow periods where they forget how to move the ball. That works when playing Miami or Cleveland but when we start playing the better teams, it could definitely be an issue.
I think your biggest issue is is Fitz. He is either who he has been all along, or he is Rich Gannon-like and taking a long time to blossom and will be very good. He can go either way IMO. Disclaimer: I always liked the guy and may have a soft spot for him.

Either way, the division is back where it was, with the Jets back as a legitimate division foe, and I can now return to poking fun at the Jets without feeling bad for kicking someone when they're down.

If they win another game, maybe I'll even go back to calling them the Jests.

which is another way of saying "They're trying too hard." :coffee:

last year Ivory played 16 games, 1st time in his career. granted it was 15 in 2013 but prior to that is was 12, 6, 6 I think.

I am not sure he will last a season.

last year Ivory played 16 games, 1st time in his career. granted it was 15 in 2013 but prior to that is was 12, 6, 6 I think.

I am not sure he will last a season.

ridley should be back at some point so that may be a wash

Back