AFCC Trophy

INPatFan

Reaction score
Has anyone heard why BB didn't seem too interested in taking the AFC Champ trophy from Jim Nantz? He kind of grabbed it and held it down at his side. I know it's not the trophy he's most interested in, but it seemed a little odd that he wouldn't just accept it and pass it on.

Has anyone heard why BB didn't seem too interested in taking the AFC Champ trophy from Jim Nantz? He kind of grabbed it and held it down at his side. I know it's not the trophy he's most interested in, but it seemed a little odd that he wouldn't just accept it and pass it on.

I'm going to venture a guess that he was in a hurry to start watching film on the Greatest Show on Turf 2.0. :shrug_n:

Because depending on what happens in 9 days, it could end up being a second-place trophy. Conference Championships aren't the goal. That's why BB took it from Nantz like it was a bag of poo.

those are lame looking "trophies". Falcons probably excited to get their 2nd conf champ. :coffee:

Because depending on what happens in 9 days, it could end up being a second-place trophy. Conference Championships aren't the goal. That's why BB took it from Nantz like it was a bag of poo.

Yep.

BB never spent one second thinking about the actual AFCCG trophy and his handling of it was because he didn't have a choice the way it given to him. I'm pretty sure he wanted his team to see him treating it like it is no big deal.

FWIW, it is typical NFL to make billions and to find somebody that thought it was a good idea to approve that piece of shit. It is laughably pathetic.

As I mention every year around this time, I also think the Lombardi trophy is extremely overrated in terms of design. A middle school kid doing an art project could come up with something better than that. It always struck me as tacky and cheap looking, but most people think it is swell.

Yep.

BB never spent one second thinking about the actual AFCCG trophy and his handling of it was because he didn't have a choice the way it given to him. I'm pretty sure he wanted his team to see him treating it like it is no big deal.

FWIW, it is typical NFL to make billions and to find somebody that thought it was a good idea to approve that piece of shit. It is laughably pathetic.

As I mention every year around this time, I also think the Lombardi trophy is extremely overrated in terms of design. A middle school kid doing an art project could come up with something better than that. It always struck me as tacky and cheap looking, but most people think it is swell.

2 things in hockey nobody even touches the conference trophy it just sits on is table without anybody getting near it...i prefer this.

the stanley cup is the best trophy in sports and its not even close IMHO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/seB-SPkS1kg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

in hockey nobody even touches the conference trophy it just sits on is table without anybody getting near it...i prefer this.

Would'a been teh awesome if BB had said this, "Er, Jim thanks, but would you mind just keeping that trophy on the podium?"

ap98949314049_8.jpg

new-england-patriots-head-coach-bill-belichick-lifts-up-the-lamar-picture-id631550942

patriots-linebacker-tedy-bruschi-hoists-the-lamar-hunt-trophy-new-picture-id145888626

The old trophy was classier looking. Looked like it had weight and heft behind it. The new one looks like a mixer attachment and is just another small example of Roger and the suits ruining everything they touch.

Also, I think players not touching conference trophies that you actually won is a relatively new development in the NHL. Sort of like Baseball players getting champagne after every round of the playoffs, which is now ridiculous. It's a new thing.

I definitely remember teams skating around the ice with the Wales and Campbell trophies back in the day, including the Bruins.

The old trophy was classier looking. Looked like it had weight and heft behind it. The new one looks like a mixer attachment and is just another small example of Roger and the suits ruining everything they touch.

Also, I think players not touching conference trophies that you actually won is a relatively new development in the NHL. Sort of like Baseball players getting champagne after every round of the playoffs, which is now ridiculous. It's a new thing.

I definitely remember teams skating around the ice with the Wales and Campbell trophies back in the day, including the Bruins.

I believe the rule in hockey is if you haven't won the cup you don't touch any conference trophies until you do. Even then past winners usually don't touch conference trophy's. Check out the last Bruins win before they went to the finals against Vancouver and the Sedine sisters or the against the Blackhawks. The photos with the Bruins show them gathered around the Price of Wales trophy but no one touched it.

I believe the rule in hockey is if you haven't won the cup you don't touch any conference trophies until you do. Even then past winners usually don't touch conference trophy's. Check out the last Bruins win before they went to the finals against Vancouver and the Sedine sisters or the against the Blackhawks. The photos with the Bruins show them gathered around the Price of Wales trophy but no one touched it.

sidneycrosbytrophy.jpg

4NA3mjK.jpg

trophy.jpg

YzermanWesternTrophy.JPG

The Stanley Cup is the best trophy in team sports. A singular trophy handed from champion to champion. Each player's name forever etched into with each ring eventually making it to the HOF.

Thanks for backing me up, Dave.

I remember one time Reggie Lemelin was skating around with the Wales trophy and the top fell off it. :)

It's completely random. I remember in 95 Yzerman skated around with that thing like it was the Cup. In 97 he didn't touch it. Each team takes a different approach.

Back