And tonight, Curtis Painter!!!

He might actually play better than Collins. I thought it was stupid for the colts to go pull collins out of retirement. He was 0-6 last year for the titans and then retires. If Manning went down, see what you have in Painter period. There is no point in putting collins out there. None at all. You are not gaining anything, painter has been in your system and you have to see what you have.

We've seen what we have in Painter the last 3 pre-seasons. Knowing we might actually have to use him in regular season is why we went after Collins.

Yeah, Collins sucks. And Painter has had a few (VERY few) flashes of competency. But... :shake:

If our defense comes to play like they did last week, and if we run Addai, we might have a chance. If Painter starts slinging it, all bets are off.

As I said elsewhere, I honestly believe that he'll play much better than Collins did in any of the first three games.

'Course, that's not saying all that much.

But a win wouldn't surprise me against Tampa.
Not sure about that bolded part there PF09. I'm hoping he plays better, which shouldn't be that hard considering how low the bar has been set. Not sure about much better.

One thing is for sure, if we can't run the ball or play defense we aren't going to come close to winning.

Trade manning

The Curtis :LOL:ROFL:LOL:ROFL:LOL:ROFL Painter era begins tonight for the Colts.:LOL:ROFL:LOL:ROFL:LOL:ROFL

Will Curtis shock the football world and lead the Colts to 12 straight victories and be the NFL MVP? Will Curtis make colts fan hold up signs saying "Peyton who?" Or will Curtis :LOL:ROFL:LOL:ROFL:LOL:ROFL Painter be back holding a clipboard by the start of the 4th quarter?

The drama starts tonight on ESPN Monday Night Football. Are you ready?

Discusspopcorn
The critical question is the size of the thread on 18to84.com on the debate whether Painter or Peyton should be traded at the end of the season....

Man, I really hope he just forces every ball to Wayne. My only other option to salvage this weeks fantasy football game is Mike Williams. :doh:

We've seen what we have in Painter the last 3 pre-seasons. Knowing we might actually have to use him in regular season is why we went after Collins.

Yeah, Collins sucks. And Painter has had a few (VERY few) flashes of competency. But... :shake:

If our defense comes to play like they did last week, and if we run Addai, we might have a chance. If Painter starts slinging it, all bets are off.

Painter has never started a game. I understand the preseason stuff, but at some point you have to see what you have and that means a few games. There are going to be decisions about the QB position in Indy and one of those is seeing what painter is and what needs to be done. Without a few starts, you cannot get a complete feel at all.

I feel sorry for Painter myself.
He just can't win (figuratively) no matter what he does.

Man, I really hope he just forces every ball to Wayne. My only other option to salvage this weeks fantasy football game is Mike Williams. :doh:
Bite your tongue. I am 16 points up today and am playing Mike Williams, I have Blount. Run it Tampa, run it!!!

Bite your tongue. I am 16 points up today and am playing Mike Williams, I have Blount. Run it Tampa, run it!!!

No, I have to decide between Williams or Wayne. Right now I'm leaning towards Wayne because William hasn't done crap all season.

You really don't know Painter will perfom in regular season game with all the starters. Forget preseason. It means nothing. I am looking forward to seeing Painter out there now that he has some real game experience with the.1st stringers. His teamates want him out there over Collins & that goes a long way. I expect them to play hard & with a lot of energy for their guy. The players never wanted Collins.Midgar is right. Collins is nothing more than a waste of time & money. Give Painter a chance before you throw him under the bus.
Posted via Mobile Device

As I said elsewhere, I honestly believe that he'll play much better than Collins did in any of the first three games.

'Course, that's not saying all that much.

Agreed. I've never been that impressed with Collins, and I don't think he greatly improved their chances of winning. Might as well see if Painter is at least good enough to remain the backup.

I'd laugh my ass off to see the Colts tank the season, pick up Luck, and have him be the second coming of Ryan Leaf.

I'd laugh my ass off to see the Colts tank the season, pick up Luck, and have him be the second coming of Ryan Leaf.

I don't think they're tanking the season. Last week proved that. They're just not that good without Peyton. :shrug:

And there's not another Peyton waiting in the wings. Guys like Peyton and Brady just don't come along very often. I expect we're gonna struggle mightily for a few years, finding Peyton's successor and rethinking our offense, etc.

I hope I'm wrong, but... :shrug:

He's the ant-Peyton. That' guy's got no forehead. His skull starts its backwards curve starting at his eyelids. ROFL

Wait till you see him tucking his hair behind his ears, or whipping it out of his face :facepalm:

Back