Andrew Luck had an ?uneven? training camp

Those back-to-back seasons were played in a division where the other three teams had 27 total wins over those two years, 16 of those by the Texans.

Andrew Luck's Career Record: 38-23.

vs. AFC South: 17-2
vs. Everyone Else: 21-21

Keep pounding those stats...the Colts are Lucky to be in that poor division.

I wonder what the Colts' record with Luck at QB is against teams with a winning record. Off hand I'd say it's frightful.

As someone pointed out recently, 40 year old Hasselbeck had a better record than Luck when Luck was injured. Eyes wide shut for Luck supporters.

Those back-to-back seasons were played in a division where the other three teams had 27 total wins over those two years, 16 of those by the Texans.

Andrew Luck's Career Record: 38-23.

vs. AFC South: 17-2
vs. Everyone Else: 21-21

Yep. But the debate is whether his .500 record outside of the South is on Luck or Pagano. I put the blame more on Luck.

Keep pounding those stats...the Colts are Lucky to be in that poor division.

I wonder what the Colts' record with Luck at QB is against teams with a winning record. Off hand I'd say it's frightful.

As someone pointed out recently, 40 year old Hasselbeck had a better record than Luck when Luck was injured. Eyes wide shut for Luck supporters.

11-17. :coffee:

To Recap:

17-2 vs. AFC South
10-4 vs. Other Losing Teams
11-17 vs. Other Winning Teams

To be totally fair, every QB's record is going to be a bit worse against winning teams, even Brady (although he's damned close).

Yep. But the debate is whether his .500 record outside of the South is on Luck or Pagano. I put the blame more on Luck.

I blame Pagano.

That team's too talented to be as flawed and as crappy as they are. That fake punt bullshit? That wasn't Andrew Luck's fault.

Unlike Chevss, I think Luck was a very good prospect coming out of school. Due to lack of coaching and pathetic drafting, Luck's either not progressed, at best, or gotten a bit worse.

He should never have signed that contract there. Someone else would have paid him that money, and actually built a team around him, and coached him a little.

He played his best under Arians hands-down IMO. You brought up the turnovers, but all rookies have turnovers. Check out Manning's rookie year if you don't believe me. :shrug:

I will always wonder what Patrick Ramsey might have been without Snyder and Spurrier

I liked Ramsey. Wasn't the greatest overall athlete but had a great arm and always made good decisions. If he had come in with Gibbs instead of Spurrier he would have been at least an above average QB.

I blame Pagano.

That team's too talented to be as flawed and as crappy as they are. That fake punt bullshit? That wasn't Andrew Luck's fault.

Unlike Chevss, I think Luck was a very good prospect coming out of school. Due to lack of coaching and pathetic drafting, Luck's either not progressed, at best, or gotten a bit worse.

He should never have signed that contract there. Someone else would have paid him that money, and actually built a team around him, and coached him a little.

He played his best under Arians hands-down IMO. You brought up the turnovers, but all rookies have turnovers. Check out Manning's rookie year if you don't believe me. :shrug:
What talent outside of Luck and TY Hilton? Pagano has gotten a ton out of a very average to below average defense during Luck's tenure. Many of the comebacks Luck has in his career is because the defense held the fort while he turned the ball over and then started to actually play football in the fourth quarter.

The fake punt was horrible but the Pats are so far in the heads of the Colts, I can't say I blame him for trying something crazy. I mean his GM went to the friggin officials at halftime of the AFCCG when his team was only down 10 to complain about air ball pressure. That is the level of ownership that Pats have on that team.

The reason Luck had that many TOs was not just because he was a rookie as he has a ton his whole career but because Arians is a down the field type of offense and Luck just chucked it and chucked causing the picks and also the pounding he took from holding the ball. Pagano for the last 3 years has been telling him over and over to get rid of the ball and trust his first read. You saw that in spades when Matty came and ran the offense as it was supposed to be run. When Luck did return briefly before being IR'd he was trying to copy Matty. I am sorry but I can't blame Pagano for that. He is a solid coach saddled with a QB he is supposed to win multiple super bowls with that can't/won't do what he says. We will see if that changes this year.

image.png

Colts has a terrible third game vs the vaunted Eagles last night. Offensive line still looks like crap and defense is a complete joke. Bradford lit them up.

7-9/6-10 may be a generous for this team.

Hooray!

Colts were concerned, but turns out OL Jack Mewhort does not need surgery and owner Jim Irsay expects him to miss 2-4 weeks.

Hooray!

Colts were concerned, but turns out OL Jack Mewhort does not need surgery and owner Jim Irsay expects him to miss 2-4 weeks.

During which time, Andrew's song will be

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fa9n7GirhsI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers, BostonTim

Hooray!

The lengths Joe Reitz will go to stay on the roster....

Tom Moore is only known because of ManninHGH and helping to devise an offense that was a perfect fit for ManninHGH's simplistic mind yet allowed him to easily read a defense to get the team into the right play at least in the regular season anyways. Honestly, Pey Pey* had maybe the worst collection of coaches of any HoF QB. Indy was a JOKE before he got there and fast becoming a joke after his departure. While Luck has not had great coaches either, he has been hardly the number one pick/can't miss HoF talent he was billed to be.

Not quite true, Tom Moore has done gone work in other places before and after Manning. Most notably lately his input at Arizona.

You also overlooked Howard Mudd who was an immense coach of the O-line.. ahh those were the days. He did have a lot more talent at his disposal of course.

I never understood why the media and all the amateur network "scouts" jumped on his bandwagon. To me he was always an average QB with good athleticism who makes 2-3 boneheaded plays a game that end up causing a loss. Compare his first 3 years stats with Tannehill...almost identical stat lines. Whoop de do

LOL he's already been in a conference championship game.

you are in for such a surprise this year.
It wont be a surprise to me

LOL he's already been in a conference championship game.

you are in for such a surprise this year.
It wont be a surprise to me

The surprise being he plays 16 games? That would surprise me since his OL is really bad.

Back