Andrew Luck: I feel like I let the team down

Mazz22

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
Reaction score
Things are pretty awful in Indy these days.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/31/andrew-luck-i-feel-like-i-let-the-team-down/
For those who might want to break down the reasons why the Colts lost 30-14 to the Chiefs on Sunday in Indianapolis, there are no shortage of places to look.

There’s the defense that allowed backup Chiefs quarterback Nick Foles to average over 10 yards per attempt, a lost turnover battle and an offensive line that allowed constant pressure from the Chiefs. That pressure led to six sacks of Andrew Luck, several other hits and scrambling opportunities that left the quarterback as the Colts’ leading rusher on the day.

It was a miserable day for Luck, who went 19-of-35 for 210 yards and two touchdowns while also turning the ball over twice as the team fell to 3-5 on the year. That left Luck looking in the mirror when he was asked the reason why Sunday was a flop.

“Me,” Luck said, via the Indianapolis Star. “I know I struggled. I think every offensive player in the room feels like we let each other down in a sense. In my mind, I feel like I let the team down.”

Luck didn’t play well on Sunday, but the main problem for the Colts right now is that their only real hope to win comes with Luck playing lights out. And it’s not even a sure thing that they will win when that happens given how many other leaks spring up on a weekly basis.

The five-loss Colts still have road games at GB, Minnesota and Oakland.

Plus a home game with Pittsburgh (but the Steelers have been lackluster on the road this year).

Hard to see Indy getting to 9 wins.

I'm all broken up about that. :D

The five-loss Colts still have road games at GB, Minnesota and Oakland.

Plus a home game with Pittsburgh (but the Steelers have been lackluster on the road this year).

Hard to see Indy getting to 9 wins.

I'm all broken up about that. :D

This would mean I win bet with SCC although I can't even remember what the best was? LOL

I read last week that Luck was the highest rated QB (ESPN rating?) prior to Week 8. WTF?

Hard to enjoy their misery any more. Losing to Nick ****ing Foles LOLOL

The Colts are living up to their preseason billing in my mind.

Have the Colts become another Jets? I mean I think it's likely every Patriots move is a message to both teams now.

I actually do feel bad for the players. None of what happened (to the Pats with ballghazi)was an iota of their doing.

Have the Colts become another Jets? I mean I think it's likely every Patriots move is a message to both teams now.

Let's see:

a. Turnover machine at QB - both teams check this box
b. Horrible defense - both teams check this box
c. Terrible leadership from owner all the way down to head coach - both teams check this box

Yes, the Colts and the Jets are essentially the same team.

The dumpster fire that is the 2016 Colts continues.

When a local writer uses the neologism "nincompoopery" to describe the home-town team - well, that tell you all you need to know.

When a local writer uses the neologism "nincompoopery" to describe the home-town team - well, that tell you all you need to know.

I'm glad Doyle is lashing out at the team and calling out players by name.

Hopefully one of them punches him next time they see him.

The highlighted above would fit nicely in that other thread. :thumb:

Parity?

The Patriots are officially in the AFC East, playing the Bills, Jets and Dolphins twice a year in the regular season. Unofficially, we also seem to be in the AFC Champion's division, playing the Steelers, Colts and Broncos once in the regular season with two more games as likely as not in January.

I personally would like to see the Colts drop out of the Champion's division, but the Texans don't seem ready to step up yet.

Are divisions allowed to be competitive?

Amazing what having a little one around makes you not even think about football. I don't even know the final score from yesterday, just know they lost by a few people's facebook post. Even if the Colts were doing good, right now, I wouldn't be watching them anyway unless my daughter was a sleep or it was on just for background noise. Didn't even watch the world series last night, my daughter went to sleep, so did I.

Why? Did he say something about Luck?

1 catch in garbage time for 20 yards.

When asked how the Chiefs were able to shut him down (as he was trying to sneak out of the locker room) his response: "not sure, I wasn't paying attention..."

Back