Another controversial SB Ad....MANCRUNCH

yeah that shit is all cool but to be honest I was thinking of the song by UB40
I really liked their version of "Fools Rush In (I Can't Help Falling In Love With You)," but that and Red, Red Wine are all I know about them. :shrug:

On the other stuff, you'll have to forgive me: data is a huge part of my life.

I really liked their version of "Fools Rush In (I Can't Help Falling In Love With You)," but that and Red, Red Wine are all I know about them. :shrug:

On the other stuff, you'll have to forgive me: data is a huge part of my life.
I waiting for someone to tell me the stats....thanks for doing so

I have spent time where I was in the minority, a straight male but within my family I have an uncle on each side as well as several cousins but 1 in 10 is far off but 1 in 25 is a definite in my family

****edit***
UB40 tidbit

The name UB40 stands for Unemployment Benefit, Form 40

I have spent time where I was in the minority, a straight male but within my family I have an uncle on each side as well as several cousins but 1 in 10 is far off but 1 in 25 is a definite in my family

****edit***
UB40 tidbit

Cool. I never knew that.

I think people are going to think that it's a Tostito's commercial from when they both reach for the chips. Then when the makeout ensues no one's gonna know WTF is going on.

Still, I don't think you can miss a target audience when you buy a spot televised during the Superbowl. You reach MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people. After the game there are numerous opinion articles on the TV ads themselves and this one will be discussed for sure.

You simply can't miss your audience by advertising during the SB.

This would be GREAT!

I think people are going to think that it's a Tostito's commercial from when they both reach for the chips. Then when the makeout ensues no one's gonna know WTF is going on.

Still, I don't think you can miss a target audience when you buy a spot televised during the Superbowl. You reach MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people. After the game there are numerous opinion articles on the TV ads themselves and this one will be discussed for sure.

You simply can't miss your audience by advertising during the SB.

They should set up cameras to catch peoples' reactions to the commercial. Like that 2 girl 1 cup thing.

"Oh, another stupid potato chip commercial. A bunch of guys watching the SuperBowl, 2 of them reach for the chip bowl. They're probably gonna fight or something or.........OH MY GOD!!! WHAT THE F*CK IS THIS!!!! WHO PUT THIS ON TV!?!?!?! OH MY GOD........WHY!!?!?!?!"

****edit***
UB40 tidbit

That's kind of cool, actually.

CBS unsure if they will use gay dating site commercial

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 29, 2010 9:46 AM ET
A website named Mancrunch.com is claiming discrimination because CBS won't accept their Super Bowl ad.

A spokesman for the company said they were told ad space was full, even though that isn't true. CBS now says they need more time to review the ad.

Any decision to keep the website's ad off the air will be compared to the decision to allow Tim Tebow's pro life advocacy spot. The Mancrunch ad features a harmless and somewhat jokey makeout session between dudes in football jerseys.

We were hesitant to post this for reasons other than the inevitable inappropriate comments that will have to be deleted. (Be nice, please.)

Every year around this time, we hear about companies that have ads rejected from the Super Bowl. They are often just looking for free publicity, and it works like a charm.

According to the New York Post, a final decision has yet to be made about Mancrunch's ad.

What kind of chips? are they lays :coffee:

I think it's all about publicity. They won't air this commercial after what happened with that wardrobe malfunction years ago. But, all of us know about that site now, don't we?

They really should have come up with a better name for their service.

Granted, I'm not gay, so maybe I'm missing something, but "man crunch" just doesn't sound appealing regardless of who is doing the crunching.

Back