Are the Steelers doomed this year?

Reaction score
First off, they have 5 prime-time games, but all of them after Week 6. I'm not a conspiracy theorist enthusiast, but I'm gonna guess that the schedule-makers may very well know a thing or two that we don't.

But here's a look:

vs. Falcons
at Tennessee
at Tampa
vs. Ravens

I would not be in the least bit surprised over them accruing a 1-3 record in that.

Then....

vs. Browns
vs. Dolphins
at New Orleans
at Cincy
vs. Patriots

That could lead to a 2-7 or 3-6 record right then and there.

The rest of their schedule isn't that bad from there, but there's still a few very lose-able games:

vs. Steelers
at Buffalo
at Baltimore
vs. Bengals
vs. Jets
vs. Panthers
at Browns

During the season, they also go back-to-back road games TWICE......AND they have a back-to-back-to-back road games once.

This could very well be a Steelers team that becomes inconsequential very early in the season.

I'd be happy with 2-2 after the first 4 games. By then Ben should be back for sure. Browns = win. Dolphins... they're a good team but I'm going to say Win. At NO = loss. At Cincy... Ben has only lost like 1 game ever in Ohio. Maybe 2. I'm saying Win.
So we'd be 5-3 going into the Pats game.

umm let me see...the Steelers just signed Byron Leftwich, and they have Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch. Much like musical chairs one QB will be left without a seat or in this case a place on the roster....I'm thinking the Steelers are about to unload a problem child on the team. Good bye BR!!!!!!

First off, they have 5 prime-time games, but all of them after Week 6. I'm not a conspiracy theorist enthusiast, but I'm gonna guess that the schedule-makers may very well know a thing or two that we don't.

But here's a look:

vs. Falcons
at Tennessee
at Tampa
vs. Ravens

I would not be in the least bit surprised over them accruing a 1-3 record in that.

Then....

vs. Browns
vs. Dolphins
at New Orleans
at Cincy
vs. Patriots

That could lead to a 2-7 or 3-6 record right then and there.

The rest of their schedule isn't that bad from there, but there's still a few very lose-able games:

vs. Steelers
at Buffalo
at Baltimore
vs. Bengals
vs. Jets
vs. Panthers
at Browns

During the season, they also go back-to-back road games TWICE......AND they have a back-to-back-to-back road games once.

This could very well be a Steelers team that becomes inconsequential very early in the season.

They play themselves? That should be an interesting game.

No prime time games before week 6? If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd say that would translate to a 5 game suspension....
Posted via Mobile Device

4 makes more sense to me. With 5 being their bye it gives BR a chance to have an extra week of practice before his first game back.

umm let me see...the Steelers just signed Byron Leftwich, and they have Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch. Much like musical chairs one QB will be left without a seat or in this case a place on the roster....I'm thinking the Steelers are about to unload a problem child on the team. Good bye BR!!!!!!

lol No. Not a chance. If they were planning to get rid of Ben, they would have signed Marc Bulger, not Byron Leftwich. Leftwich is just insurance in case Dixon isn't ready and Batch is too old. There are alot of people who think Batch would be better as a QB coach than a player at this point. So if he can't play anymore, then the only QB who can at the beginning of the season is Dixon, hence the signing of Leftwich.

I mean, if they DO get rid of Ben, and their idea of a replacement is Leftwich instead of Bulger, I will punch Art II in the face.

Getting rid of Ben because he got a blow job in a bathroom from a 20 year old?

What has this World come to?

Steelers will contend like they usually do
Actually, they are my pick for the Superbowl if the poodle can stay healthy

I'd be happy with 2-2 after the first 4 games. By then Ben should be back for sure. Browns = win. Dolphins... they're a good team but I'm going to say Win. At NO = loss. At Cincy... Ben has only lost like 1 game ever in Ohio. Maybe 2. I'm saying Win.
So we'd be 5-3 going into the Pats game.

And 5-4 after. :archive:

it will prolly be "6" games with the option of shaving it down to "4" games if he does soandso counseling and some charity work...The ravens are the only game i dont like in the first 4

Oh if he is suspended 4 games or more the Steelers are screwed

Say what you want but Roethlisburger is a winner (and gets busy in bathrooms like this guy)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cj9_yW8tZxs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cj9_yW8tZxs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Anyone think BR can act like a real man for that long (6 mos)? Not sure since having a civil suit over a 1 night stand gone wrong with someone he didn't know with the outcome STILL pending hardly made him think twice about continuing to bang women he doesn't know. While drinking. In an 18 & over college bar. No, that's not a recipe for disaster. Duuuuhhhh.

Oh if he is suspended 4 games or more the Steelers are screwed

Say what you want but Roethlisburger is a winner (and gets busy in bathrooms like this guy)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cj9_yW8tZxs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cj9_yW8tZxs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Well Ben did win 9 games last year, so he is a winner.

Back