As a pats fans, are you gruntled with the direction this team is going?

No, I couldn't be more pleased with this team and organization.

Love the team, but would be lying if I didn't say that I was highly disappointment in the product they put out there at Oline. Brady can cover up a lot of defects in the line, but at some point he will need at least some time. Not sure its good to put your "aging" Qb in a spot with a bad oline and zero run game.

Love the team, but would be lying if I didn't say that I was highly disappointment in the product they put out there at Oline. Brady can cover up a lot of defects in the line, but at some point he will need at least some time. Not sure its good to put your "aging" Qb in a spot with a bad oline and zero run game.
injuries ran deep and the OLine coach appears to not have worked them like Scar has in the past - that is corrected already with Scar back.

Just want to see them get one more before TB12 calls it a career.

I feel this way too.

I know TB12 says he wants to play 10 more years, but I can't help but to think that it's just 'media speak'.

It's been one hell of a ride and I don't want it to stop.

Agreed. Bolster the O-line (hopefully Scar has some positive effect) get healthy at RB and LB and no more missed PAT's. That should be good enough.

I think TB keeps saying "10 years" so that it is so way out there that it won't be speculated on in the media as far as "is it soon"? Maybe someone here even mentioned that already and if so I agree with them.

I am very gruntled. Scar coming back for a bit gruntles me enormously.
I'm a tiny bit concerned about losing Quinn, not that BB doesn't have a plan, but sometimes it takes awhile for things to readjust. I am a bit concerned about their being able to run the ball on O and create turnovers on D. This past year's team, due to injuries and OL mainly did not get better after Thanksgiving which is rare for a BB team. I love seeing how mentally tough they seem to be despite their youth.

What "direction" do you think they're going in?

Seems to me that BB is doing the same thing he's always done.

Look at what the rest of the league does and do something just a little bit different so he won't be competing with a bunch of other teams for players with a particular skill set.

He then adjusts his game plans to take maximum advantage of what his players can do, rather than what he wants them to do.

What "direction" do you think they're going in?

Seems to me that BB is doing the same thing he's always done.

Look at what the rest of the league does and do something just a little bit different so he won't be competing with a bunch of other teams for players with a particular skill set.

He then adjusts his game plans to take maximum advantage of what his players can do, rather than what he wants them to do.

This. More than any other team, this is a coach's team, and as long as we have BB, things will be good, if not great.

Gruntled as hell my friend. First, of course, IBWT. Then, love the D prospects that you mention. I trust in the O as ever, so plenty gruntled.

Cheers, BostonTim

I am severely gruntled by the fact no other team lured away Patricia or McDaniels. BB not having to break in new Asst. Coaches is definitely not vexing.

Pats will have a new S & C and a new LB coach I believe. But this isn't like 04-05 where they lost dang near their whole staff between Weis and RAC leaving then Mangini absconding with some guys.

I wonder when Brian Belichick is coming on board? :)

The team shows big promise every year but I do not see our D dominating except with the non-playoff contenders. Either every other team has a much better Oline and formations than Pats because our pass rush is not even close to the Broncos, Panthers, Jets, etc. The Pats secondary MUST be able to play m-2-m consistent, correct, penalty free WR press coverage to stop teams scoring with their passing game. The Pats Linebacking crew needs desperate help over the middle pass protection like those 2 givemees to Broncos TE Daniels in AFCCG. Pats secondary needs to bump WRs within 5 yeards of the LOS to break their rhythm and give out pass rushes more time to get to QB.

We do not have strong enough, faster enough, and good consistent technique Olinemen such as Cannon, Flemming, Volmer. This has to change before TFB does get hurt and out. Oline has to be able to open holes so any RB can move the ball.

I think these two aspects need to be improved if they will ever get back to the SB, IMHO, of course. :)

I think the Pats are the most intriguing team to follow every off-season because Bill is so unpredictable and always one step ahead of the other teams. I still don't know he was able to put together a secondary that was better than last years. I love our young defense and our ability to score at will on offense when healthy. I am hoping for a stud RB this year, an upgrade at TE over Chandler more depth at Oline.

I have feeling that by season's end next year, we will all be talking about how the re-hiring of Scar was the most important off-season move the Pats made.

The team shows big promise every year but I do not see our D dominating except with the non-playoff contenders. Either every other team has a much better Oline and formations than Pats because our pass rush is not even close to the Broncos, Panthers, Jets, etc. The Pats secondary MUST be able to play m-2-m consistent, correct, penalty free WR press coverage to stop teams scoring with their passing game. The Pats Linebacking crew needs desperate help over the middle pass protection like those 2 givemees to Broncos TE Daniels in AFCCG. Pats secondary needs to bump WRs within 5 yeards of the LOS to break their rhythm and give out pass rushes more time to get to QB.

We do not have strong enough, faster enough, and good consistent technique Olinemen such as Cannon, Flemming, Volmer. This has to change before TFB does get hurt and out. Oline has to be able to open holes so any RB can move the ball.

I think these two aspects need to be improved if they will ever get back to the SB, IMHO, of course. :)
pats defense is different than Denver's, statically you can not compare them. the difference was patriots had a better PPG differential 14.1 (NE) 12.0(DNV)

but a good B and some OLine help would be awesome.

The team shows big promise every year but I do not see our D dominating except with the non-playoff contenders.
Did you not watch the KC playoff game or the second half of the Denver game? D was dominant.

I have no complaints of anyone from BB down. I assume they are doing their best and know far more than I do about football.

Ownership gets an F- since January, 2015. Every time there is an opportunity for them to raise their grade, they double down on their failings. Nothing they could possibly know would excuse what they have done and continue to do.

Back