Belichick Pissed about WW's take out on Talib

All I am arguing against is the notion, OR any implication, that Welker intended to inflict injury.

That's all.

As for my comments about Pats fans acting liky whiny little biatches when they lose.

This thread stands as testament to the fact.

BB never made the assertion that Wanker intended to inflict injury, though a few here have.

And we NE fans often act like whiny little biatches even when the team wins o:)

The problem is that "take out" is somewhat ambiguous in this context. Did he mean take out of the game or take out if the play?

The part about league discipline could certainly lead a person to believe he meant there was intent to injure.

Really?

We have a 15 page thread on this one particular play because we thought the refs missed a call?

If that's the case, then we should have about 3 or 4 of these threads every game, on every missed or blown call.

At least be honest people.

Either you think that Welker INTENDED to injure, or you are just pissed off because we lost and want soemthing to bitch about.

This isn't a 15 page thread because we think the refs missed a offensive pass interference play, or we would have these every week.

Give me a break with that crap.

Really?

We have a 15 page thread on this one particular play because we thought the refs missed a call?

If that's the case, then we should have about 3 or 4 of these threads every game, on every missed or blown call.

Either you think that Welker INTENDED to injure, or you are just pissed off because we lost and want soemthing to bitch about.

This isn't a 15 page thread because we think the refs missed a offensive pass interference play, or we would have these every week.

can I be Both??

:D

BB is capable of using the word 'injure', so by saying 'take him out', I believe he meant to eliminate Talib from the play.

BB went on to say "it was clear", which, if you know BB at all, couldn't possibly refer to Wanker's intent to incur injury.

BB never made the assertion that Wanker intended to inflict injury, though a few here have.
That's the way I took his statement (once I saw it). I still think BB was wrong, and likely he was still angry about the result, rather than the hit itself.

And we NE fans often act like whiny little biatches even when the team wins o:)
Hmm... I think you got me on that one.

:D

Really?

I think we have the thread because BB commented on the play, and the strength of the comments (hyperbole in my opinion).

Refs make bad calls every game, and this one doesn't even make a blip on my radar. People (including BB) are POed about the result, not the play, IMO.

The Kuechly-hugs-Gronk thread was pretty long too.

Bad calls should piss everyone off, regardless if they benefit or hurt your team.

The Kuechly-hugs-Gronk thread was pretty long too.

Bad calls should piss everyone off, regardless if they benefit or hurt your team.
That was a lot worse non call than the Welker hit, IMO.

That was a lot worse non call than the Welker hit, IMO.

I think it coupled with watching Hooman get called for a less infraction that cost us points early was also part of that. Not to mention the Dennard holding call that was absurd. So you have that, the injury, the fact it was welker, etc etc....I am not going to apologize for being upset about it. If people can cry and talk about cutting Brady because of an overthrow then I can bitch about this.

Parcells had an interesting take on officiating this morning.

He brought up an old adage that "reduce variables, increase performance." Well we've done the exact opposite with all this new "safety" BS and as a result the performance is slipping. These guys are human after all. You can only pay attention to so many things.

If you're dead set on making sure no one gives the QB a bad touch, it's understandable you might miss a holding call.

I watch the repeat M & M so I just heard that as well. Exactly how I feel about it and I have commented about too many judgment calls a few times but BP put it a better way. TOO MANY RULES=crap results. And maybe it's part of why BB thinks every play should be challenge eligible.

Heath Evans on FNLN said he thinks WW did it on on purpose also. Either way, BB never ever should have said a word about it publicly. It's still stunning to me that he did. I HATE when coaches or players complain about calls publicly.

I watch the repeat M & M so I just heard that as well. Exactly how I feel about it and I have commented about too many judgment calls a few times but BP put it a better way. TOO MANY RULES=crap results. And maybe it's part of why BB thinks every play should be challenge eligible.

Heath Evans on FNLN said he thinks WW did it on on purpose also. Either way, BB never ever should have said a word about it publicly. It's still stunning to me that he did. I HATE when coaches or players complain about calls publicly.

This is not something BB does on a regular basis, but, he is human.....I think. I mean its not like he went to the competition committee and is still crying about it 10 years later or something:coffee:

I try to give officials the benefit of the doubt. However when it goes to replay and they still **** it up is when I get pissed (exhibit A is the gift Jeff Tripplette gave the bengals when we played them this year.)

What you mean it's not a TD if it sort of gets close to the goalline (sort of close =2 yard line).
What I really hate is that a lot of them like Triplette can't man up and say YES I EFFED UP. He gives some lame explanation about only reviewing the play from a certain point. It's one reason I respect Hochuli (besides, he'd strangle me with those pythons if I didn't, LOL). When he screwed up the SD_Den call with Cutler's non fumble, he was very open about saying he effed up. I hate how the NFL protects these guys from criticism so much. I think it damages the integrity of the game to basically say "move along, nothing to see here". If you can admit your screw ups, I think you are MORE trustworthy, not less.

Yeah Houculi got major points from me for manning up on that call. That shit couldn't have been easy .

Blandino disagrees with BB:

NFL head of officiating Dean Blandino has confirmed that Welker’s hit — which knocked Talib out of the AFC Championship Game — was legal.
“Under the current rules, this is a legal play,” Blandino said, via Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

Blandino disagrees with BB:

Yeah the NFL said the tuck rule was called correctly too and that the Catch in Seattle was actually a catch and not a pick....They are not going to say anything against Denver right now that would lessen anything. Unless they changed the rule I did not know going out and taking out a receiver in defense of another receiver was legal now days, this would have made it easier to play defense for the pats.

Back