Ben Watson is 'visiting' Foxboro today

TommyD420

Joe Milton is my QB1
Reaction score
"Visiting" because I'm pretty sure he knows the way there.

No really, no Hertz Rent-A-Car pic necessary.

I would love the fuck out of this move. :coffee:

Would be a lovely pick up. What way to circle your career as well! He has a ring and the relationship with TB will surely be easy to rekindle on the field PDQ.

He's a good man as well, multiple WPMOTY nominee.

Make it happen Bill, he's 38 and should be in good nick.

He will not sign until after Tuesday, that way no loss of Comp picks

expect him and teh Swing tackle to be announced at 12:01AM tuesday

A QB-TE combination with a combined age of 80? I'm all for it! He's a good solid TE who can contribute in many ways. He can still catch and block. He's a locker room leader and a very high character guy who can mentor others as he rotates in for important plays. His 75% catch rate last year is really good.

He's not the same guy who made this play anymore but he can be plenty productive. Sign him up!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XsZCTzYNBQE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow. This is probably the most depressing post-Gronk sign yet: people getting even mildly excited about a 38 year old TE who was so bad we named him “Pizza Paddles” in his prime and were happy to see him leave. Ugh. Literally anybody but Watson please.

A QB-TE combination with a combined age of 80? I'm all for it! He's a good solid TE who can contribute in many ways. He can still catch and block. He's a locker room leader and a very high character guy who can mentor others as he rotates in for important plays. His 75% catch rate last year is really good.

He's not the same guy who made this play anymore but he can be plenty productive. Sign him up!
I've always imagined that intelligence would be a key component to productive longevity. And by now we're all well aware off Ben's 48 wonderlic.

Spent 6 years here catching balls under the Goat coach and Goat QB and the same system and then maybe returning ten full years later to play for the same (superbowl defending) team, the same goat coach, the same Goat QB and the same system is just a staggering thought. Why not at least bring him in and see where's he's at vis a vis Bill, Tom and the system?

Cheers

Wow. This is probably the most depressing post-Gronk sign yet: people getting even mildly excited about a 38 year old TE who was so bad we named him “Pizza Paddles” in his prime and were happy to see him leave. Ugh. Literally anybody but Watson please.
Bill have Watson playing the Crumpler role to the young TE's on the roster. mentor them. now if only the kids had Killer and Gronk talent...

I would argue he wasn't plenty productive even in his prime so I wouldn't expect that now. Albeit he did weirdly have one of his best seasons well after his prime.

I like the person, but as a 38 year old player, meh

I mean he's nowhere near the best but they definitely could do a lot worse. The problem is we were extremely spoiled with Gronk.

38 years old . Him and Brady will be playing wheelchair football wearing depends.

I would love for Watson to have a cameo role with the Pats. He may not have been the most gifted TE we had, but he played hard. I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a coach with the team in the near term.

I like it if they sign him. Every TE will fall far short of Gronk, who was the best to ever play the game, but Gronk's retired and it's time to move forward. Ben Watson will never make anyone forget Gronk, but who will? I think he can be a useful contributor. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what develops if BB signs him.

Back