Bill and Kraft part ways

THERE it is...the reason mayo is the hc.
i was puzzled,now i get it.

High Five Well Done GIF by Vélib'

It can't be here. He's too tainted and there would be a fan mutiny if they keep him and start him. Fans in NE aren't stupid; they saw what they saw, and Mac was so bad that they took to chanting the name of an even worse QB in Zappe, but who had the stones not to shit his pants every time a rusher came near him.
I get it. But... You've never played QB, have you?

Play behind a crap OL for awhile, take a couple helmets between your shoulders blades as you start your throwing motion, then come back to me and talk about having "the stones to not shit his pants" and hearing footsteps from rushers.

I've always been slow as hell. I used to run with the OL in practice. I don't remember the only rushing touchdown of my career, because I don't remember from one hit in the 3rd quarter until after the bus ride in the locker room when I was getting changed.

It's not about "stones." It's about trust. If you stop trusting your protection, you get sped up. It's not about not being willing to take the hit, it's about knowing that to help the team you need to do all the things before the hit gets to you. Your process falls apart, and all the tiny things that drive your mechanics go a thousand directions. Your accuracy and velocity suffer, because accuracy comes from consistency of all your motions and "arm strength" comes from your lower body and torso, not your arm. Your decisions are awful because you don't trust what you see or that you'll have the time to get through your progressions. It happens because you are willing to take the beating to help your team.

It's recoverable with some time behind a line that he can learn to trust. If protection degrades again, he will get gunshy and sped up more quickly than he did originally, because it's an "oh no, not again" thing.

He should go somewhere else, backup for awhile, and hopefully have solid protection in front of him.

THERE it is...the reason mayo is the hc.
i was puzzled,now i get it.

For Jonathan this was about maximizing profits. He saw BB's personnel mistakes as a waste of his family's money. He hated the control BB had over his money.
Since Brady left, season ticket sales have gone down every year. Advertising revenue is down. Winning 4 games in a season won't improve income. A change in coaching might
stop the bleeding plus they have total control of Mayo & their money now.

I get it. But... You've never played QB, have you?

Play behind a crap OL for awhile, take a couple helmets between your shoulders blades as you start your throwing motion, then come back to me and talk about having "the stones to not shit his pants" and hearing footsteps from rushers.

I've always been slow as hell. I used to run with the OL in practice. I don't remember the only rushing touchdown of my career, because I don't remember from one hit in the 3rd quarter until after the bus ride in the locker room when I was getting changed.

It's not about "stones." It's about trust. If you stop trusting your protection, you get sped up. It's not about not being willing to take the hit, it's about knowing that to help the team you need to do all the things before the hit gets to you. Your process falls apart, and all the tiny things that drive your mechanics go a thousand directions. Your accuracy and velocity suffer, because accuracy comes from consistency of all your motions and "arm strength" comes from your lower body and torso, not your arm. Your decisions are awful because you don't trust what you see or that you'll have the time to get through your progressions. It happens because you are willing to take the beating to help your team.

It's recoverable with some time behind a line that he can learn to trust. If protection degrades again, he will get gunshy and sped up more quickly than he did originally, because it's an "oh no, not again" thing.

He should go somewhere else, backup for awhile, and hopefully have solid protection in front of him.
I played out half in rugby for years, up to my late 30s, and it's a similar kind of position in that you're directing the attack and often the first guy to get hit by the big forwards (equivalent to pash rushers). It is about stones. It's about being able to take a licking and get up and go again. And there's no RTP in rugby either, you can get hit anywhere and it can be late.

Mac showed his true self IMHO when the heat came on. He panicked and disintegrated,

I played out half in rugby for years, up to my late 30s, and it's a similar kind of position in that you're directing the attack and often the first guy to get hit by the big forwards (equivalent to pash rushers). It is about stones. It's about being able to take a licking and get up and go again. And there's no RTP in rugby either, you can get hit anywhere and it can be late.

Mac showed his true self IMHO when the heat came on. He panicked and disintegrated,
It's not stones. It's not about worrying that you'll get hit and it will hurt. Getting hit hurts just as much when it happens as soon as you release the ball. It's about wanting to do your job well to help the team, and you try to do everything faster so you don't fail to do your own job. His process collapsed, mechanics disintegrated, which cost him power and accuracy.

I'm concerned about him being able to come back, but my concerns about Mac were and are much more around his attitude, cheap shots, things like that. Not respecting the game like - especially taking cheap shots from a protected position like QB (or punter/kicker, right?) will cost you the locker room. And players don't forget that sort of thing. Leadership matters.

To be more precise, Mac was a Jonathan Kraft guy first then became an RKK guy. Both wanted him to become their next much loved, winning QB.

Getting rid of Belichick was necessary for the Krafts to take back their team and regain total financial control to maximize profits, something Jonathan has been pushing for 3 years.

The meddling has only just begun. The Krafts, Jonathan in particular, will have their say in every personnel and coaching move going forward. They can totally control Mayo where they weren't able to totally control Bill even though Bill almost always ran moves by Robert first. They can also control the money spent by the personnel dept now that BB's gone with the caveat that both Groh and Wolf were trained under Belichick and worked under him the whole time they've been here. If I were them I'd be concerned about my job security once the draft is done.

We can look forward to many more years of low cash spending in the name of profit although the Krafts will continue to deny it.
Their meddling has only just begun.

so am I on to something when I've thought that the Pats have been spending "to The Cap" from year-to-year on PLAYERS
but have been squirrling away CA$$H moneys on STAFF

(READ: especially Patricia & Judge after Josh Mc --- all coming back to key staff rolles here after making BAG as HC's w/ other franchises)

:unsure: :shrug-n:

so am I on to something when I've thought that the Pats have been spending "to The Cap" from year-to-year on PLAYERS
but have been squirrling away CA$$H moneys on STAFF

(READ: especially Patricia & Judge after Josh Mc --- all coming back to key staff rolles here after making BAG as HC's w/ other franchises)

:unsure: :shrug-n:
Yup.

so let me get this straight...if these accusations are true,the krafts feel bb didn't dump $$ into the offense to spite them? bb sabotaged his own team on purpose????? whatever people think of bb and his decisions,do they really think he would do this???? utterly ridiculous. he has too much respect for the game.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
This is simply damage control to cover the Krafties ass

To be more precise, Mac was a Jonathan Kraft guy first then became an RKK guy. Both wanted him to become their next much loved, winning QB.

Getting rid of Belichick was necessary for the Krafts to take back their team and regain total financial control to maximize profits, something Jonathan has been pushing for 3 years.

The meddling has only just begun. The Krafts, Jonathan in particular, will have their say in every personnel and coaching move going forward. They can totally control Mayo where they weren't able to totally control Bill even though Bill almost always ran moves by Robert first. They can also control the money spent by the personnel dept now that BB's gone with the caveat that both Groh and Wolf were trained under Belichick and worked under him the whole time they've been here. If I were them I'd be concerned about my job security once the draft is done.

We can look forward to many more years of low cash spending in the name of profit although the Krafts will continue to deny it.
Their meddling has only just begun.
That’s why Mac Jones will still be in NE.

That’s why Mac Jones will still be in NE.

And that's also why the Krafts will not name a GM. They don't want any one having complete control over their football team's operations and spending.
Director of Player Personnel or something similar is as high as they'll go towards a GM.

I don't get why you guys keep saying Jones will be here next season. He has already been shooting his way out of town. He does not want to stay understandably and no doubt the Pats don't want him either ...

Back