Bold Preditcions 2016 season

He's an upgrade as to arm strength but he's a downgrade as to pre-snap reads and decision making. I think he'll be better than some here think, too.

Wasn't all Rexy's fault. He stunk on ice playing for Chip Kelly too. I'm not ready to give Kubiak any more consideration than Chip Kelly, he got lucky with a historically great defense last year.

Wasn't all Rexy's fault. He stunk on ice playing for Chip Kelly too. I'm not ready to give Kubiak any more consideration than Chip Kelly, he got lucky with a historically great defense last year.

...to further this point, Brian Billick was considered an offensive genius when he left Minnesota and went to Baltimore. Remind me again how the Ravens won the Super Bowl in '00? Real easy to be an "offensive genius" when you have Randall Cunningham, Cris Carter, Randy Moss and Robert Smith. Not so much when you have Trent Dilfer and Kyle Boller.

...to further this point, Brian Billick was considered an offensive genius when he left Minnesota and went to Baltimore. Remind me again how the Ravens won the Super Bowl in '00? Real easy to be an "offensive genius" when you have Randall Cunningham, Cris Carter, Randy Moss and Robert Smith. Not so much when you have Trent Dilfer and Kyle Boller.

Having talent around you is very important...even BB in his first year as the Pats coach had a losing record.

I know. Right? So really the preseason is a solid way to evaluate talent.

Kind of depends on what you're looking at. If you're trying to decide between a guy who was a multi-year starter and some kid with almost no playing experience at the QB position...you've got issues there. The QB situation in New England was never up for grabs before Mo Lewis Day. Bledsoe was a multi-time Pro Bowler who had led the team to a Super Bowl in '96. If he doesn't get hurt, Brady probably never sees the field.

I realize the reality of the situation sucks, but you guys are in worse shape at the QB position than you were last year.

I know. Right? So really the preseason is a solid way to evaluate talent.

It is the only way to evaluate it until the real games begin. The fact that Butt Fumble is tied with Siemian is not good news for the Donkeys because he sucks so that means Siemian sucks too. But Kubes showed last year that he will play the QB that gives him the best chance week to week so he gets to choose from two sucky QBs. It is hard to believe that your QB situation actually got worse than last year but it has.

I realize the reality of the situation sucks, but you guys are in worse shape at the QB position than you were last year.

Are they really though? Mark Sanchez will play better than Manning did last year. Maybe not as good as Osweiler? Maybe?

Yeah, buttfumble, but he did lead an untalented offense to 2 AFCCGs. :shrug:

Roger will ban avocado ice cream as a PED. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

There will be a news report about a player doing something or other.

ESPN will be shocked by the alleged behavior. Millions of words will be written, on line message boards will seize up.

Roger will suspend the player.

Rational analysis will prove nothing happened.

Fans of other teams will continue to be "up in arms"

There will be an "Independent" investigation.

The league will say the player was "not cooperative" because he denied any wrongdoing.

The player will be suspended for a season, because why not.

Lots of blowhards, without an actual critical thought in their head, will decide it must be the worst thing that ever happened because the punishment must fit the crime, right.

My love of football will die another death.

Are they really though? Mark Sanchez will play better than Manning did last year. Maybe not as good as Osweiler? Maybe?

Yeah, buttfumble, but he did lead an untalented offense to 2 AFCCGs. :shrug:

ManninHGH had FIVE fourth quarter comebacks/GWDs last year including vs the Steelers in the playoffs. He may have sucked but when it came time to win games, he produced. I don't see Sanchez having that type of impact even if he plays better during the course of the game than ManninHGH nor does he have ManninHGH's smarts pre-snap, actually just the opposite. It is a big weakness of his along with his accuracy.

The Jets rushing offense I believe was top 3 in the league in 2009/2010. We will see if the Donkeys can come anything close to that. If they can, then I do think he can be effective.

ManninHGH had FIVE fourth quarter comebacks/GWDs last year including vs the Steelers in the playoffs. He may have sucked but when it came time to win games, he produced. I don't see Sanchez having that type of impact even if he plays better during the course of the game than ManninHGH nor does he have ManninHGH's smarts pre-snap, actually just the opposite. It is a big weakness of his along with his accuracy.

The Jets rushing offense I believe was top 3 in the league in 2009/2010. We will see if the Donkeys can come anything close to that. If they can, then I do think he can be effective.

If the Broncos had anything that resembled a good offense last season, they likely wouldn't have even needed a comeback. With a strong run game, and great defense all the QB needs to do is manage the game.

If the Broncos had anything that resembled a good offense last season, they likely wouldn't have even needed a comeback. With a strong run game, and great defense all the QB needs to do is manage the game.

What evidence is there that the Broncos will have a strong run game? That was ManninHGH's biggest inhibitor last year beside his pea shooter arm.

If you watched both of those games last year and thought the Pats struggled then we must have been watching different games
Losing 2 games out of 2 should qualify as struggling by anyone's definition...

In the regular season game, you were gifted that game by the refs. If you don't think so, then you weren't watching the game.
I was watching the game where the Patriots muffed a punt, Emmanuel Sanders caught a deep ball down the sideline to set up the go ahead TD, and where CJ Anderson ran all over the Patriots defense all night, including a 50 yard game winning run in OT. How exactly did the refs hand them the game? Did a ref drop the punt, blow the coverage on Sanders or block for Anderson? Are you a child?

Losing 2 games out of 2 should qualify as struggling by anyone's definition...

I was watching the game where the Patriots muffed a punt, Emmanuel Sanders caught a deep ball down the sideline to set up the go ahead TD, and where CJ Anderson ran all over the Patriots defense all night, including a 50 yard game winning run in OT. How exactly did the refs hand them the game? Did a ref drop the punt, blow the coverage on Sanders or block for Anderson? Are you a child?

Does your family even like you?

Does your family even like you?

In response to The "Are you a child?" I was going to ask "are you an a****? But then I said, it's just a rhetorical question, why bother?

Then this :LOL: and I felt required to reconsider. +1

Cheers, BostonTim

Nice to see you didn't take the bait. No sense in debating with stupid.

I've learned so much from the Planet.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Nice to see you didn't take the bait. No sense in debating with stupid.

In response to The "Are you a child?" I was going to ask "are you an a****? But then I said, it's just a rhetorical question, why bother?

Then this :LOL: and I felt required to reconsider. +1

Cheers, BostonTim

Years ago I would have taken the bait and called him an a**hole.

I'm trying to be better man these days.

Back