Bold Preditcions 2016 season

There will be a news report about a player doing something or other.

ESPN will be shocked by the alleged behavior. Millions of words will be written, on line message boards will seize up.

Roger will suspend the player.

Rational analysis will prove nothing happened.

Fans of other teams will continue to be "up in arms"

There will be an "Independent" investigation.

The league will say the player was "not cooperative" because he denied any wrongdoing.

The player will be suspended for a season, because why not.

Lots of blowhards, without an actual critical thought in their head, will decide it must be the worst thing that ever happened because the punishment must fit the crime, right.

My love of football will die another death.

As an addendum to this:

-Upon hearing about even the most minor of allegeded infractions, the forum will immediately begin picking scabs and screaming collectively about injustice and removal of first round picks.

-Disturbingly creative methods of torture/execution of Roger Goddell will be presented, all of which will be rejected as not sadistic enough.

-When a hilariously absurd punishment (either too hard or too lenient) is levied, shouts of "We told you so" or "4 games for Brady?!" will be shouted at increasing volumes.

-Someone will dust off the "first they came for_____" meme and I will die a little inside.

I've learned so much from the Planet.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Years ago I would have taken the bait and called him an a**hole.

I'm trying to be better man these days.

LOL. You are a better man.

There will be a news report about a player doing something or other.

ESPN will be shocked by the alleged behavior. Millions of words will be written, on line message boards will seize up.

Roger will suspend the player.

Rational analysis will prove nothing happened.

Fans of other teams will continue to be "up in arms"

There will be an "Independent" investigation.

The league will say the player was "not cooperative" because he denied any wrongdoing.

The player will be suspended for a season, because why not.

Lots of blowhards, without an actual critical thought in their head, will decide it must be the worst thing that ever happened because the punishment must fit the crime, right.

My love of football will die another death.

Yeah, that player will be most likely on the Pats roster though...:coffee:

As an addendum to this:

-Upon hearing about even the most minor of allegeded infractions, the forum will immediately begin picking scabs and screaming collectively about injustice and removal of first round picks.

-Disturbingly creative methods of torture/execution of Roger Goddell will be presented, all of which will be rejected as not sadistic enough.

-When a hilariously absurd punishment (either too hard or too lenient) is levied, shouts of "We told you so" or "4 games for Brady?!" will be shouted at increasing volumes.

-Someone will dust off the "first they came for_____" meme and I will die a little inside.

Not to make an excuse because sometimes some of the crying irritates even me and I'm a Pats fan, but once your team is unjustly overpunished (cameragate) AND your best player and entire team is punished in the first place for something that the league admitted in court they have no evidence for and their own bought and paid for report exonerated the team execs for, maybe you will feel a bit of empathy for our POV. But, then I have defended hated rivals and rival teams too not just mine.

Nice to see you didn't take the bait. No sense in debating with stupid.
Interesting. So talking about such "bait" as a muffed punt, deep pass, and rushing the football on a football forum is considered trolling if it doesn't polish Patriot knobs. What an entitled group...

Interesting. So talking about such "bait" as a muffed punt, deep pass, and rushing the football on a football forum is considered trolling if it doesn't polish Patriot knobs. What an entitled group...

Sometimes, if you cook the pasta too long, it gets mushy. So it makes sense to test it every once in a while.

Interesting. So talking ... a muffed punt, deep pass, and rushing the football on a football forum is considered trolling ....

No. No, your disdainful egotistical imperious condescending contemptuous supercilious insolent overbearing patronizing douche-baggery is where the (neverending) trolling comes in. But you obviously know that, you disingenuous tool. (I could go on for hours and still not adequately outline the depth of your maleficense)

No. No, your disdainful egotistical imperious condescending contemptuous supercilious insolent overbearing patronizing douche-baggery is where the (neverending) trolling comes in. But you obviously know that, you disingenuous tool. (I could go on for hours and still not adequately outline the depth of your maleficense)

Needed the Thesaurus. I'm just a Math teacher. These big words escape me.

Needed the Thesaurus. I'm just a Math teacher. These big words escape me.

Hey. Where do you think I got 'em? I just looked up "Yucky" in my Roget's and copied it word for word. :shrug:

Cheers

They're also into butt stuff. Allegedly.

That's easy for you to say, BT.:clap:

Bold predictions

The Patriots will keep 4 active TEs:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="199"><colgroup><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:7277;width:149pt" width="199"> </colgroup><tbody><tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt;width:149pt" data-order="Bennett, Martellus" height="20" width="199">Bennett, Martellus</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" data-order="Derby, AJ" height="20">Derby, AJ</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" data-order="Gronkowski, Rob" height="20">Gronkowski, Rob</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" data-order="Harbor, Clay" height="20">Harbor, Clay</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

FYI.

I am telling you now that when I finally quit my job to retire (soon I hope) that I will be stealing this for the letter to my boss.....

interaction with the BS Police-

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kQFKtI6gn9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hard to believe that a condescending tone is something that people on this board find objectionable, but to demonstrate my sincerity to the discussion I'll reword my reply to Patsfan64.

I respectfully disagree with your assertion that the referees handed the Broncos the win. Even if, for the sake of argument, we agree that any call you find objectionable is wrong, I believe he Patriots failed to capitalize on a number of opportunities to win the game.

They muffed a punt that the Broncos subsequently recovered. Without that turnover, it is unlikely at best that the Broncos find a way to bring the game to overtime, regardless of the officiating.

They allowed Emmanuel Sanders to catch a deep ball down the sideline that set up the go ahead TD on the Broncos' final drive. Without that catch, it is unlikely the Broncos win the game, regardless of the officiating.

They had trouble containing the Broncos run game, for nearly 180 yards, particularly CJ Anderson who ran the game winning TD in overtime. The officials weren't involved in that run or the Broncos' overall success in the run game. Had the Patriots been able to slow or stop him, they likely win in regulation, regardless of the officiating.

Even if we agree that the officiating was bad, I think it's difficult to conclude that they are responsible for the Broncos' win when there were so many mistakes by the Patriots that much more directly affected the outcome of the game.

Um.

You do know this is a Patriots messageboard, right?

Back