Bought a New MiniVan

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Had to buy a new vehicle.....

Chrysler made it impossible NOT to buy a new Town and Country. Has anybody here driven one of the new ones? This thing is a blast to drive. And that is coming from a BMW 530i driver! 3 video screens.....I can listen to sat radio on the 12 speakers while the kiddos watch/listen to 2 different movies via the LCD's and wireless headphones. Rides on a cushion of air.

I got Employee pricing. (no I am not an employee)
$2500 rebate.
0% financing for 48 months.

Unreal deal.

Loaded with leather and all the goodies (and chryslers proven 3.8 litre V-6) it came in under 29k.

There has been sooo much banter on what to buy for vehicles here on the Planet and I always have something to say about it regarding how much better American vehicles have become that I am geeked to have purchased this van and to have be such a great vehicle.

I will post an update when I have 2,5 and 10k to share what I have learned. So far??? This Minivan rocks and the deal is tremendous.

Anybody else out there have a 2008 or newer van to discuss?

Sounds like a real nice family truckster. I have an '07 Dodge Grand Caravan that only has one TV but is a very convenient vehicle with 2 small kids and a nice ride. It is insane the deals being put out there to buy new vehicles. Sounds like you got a sweet deal on a nice ride.

P.S. Did you get the Greenwalls, the double headlights, and "Honky Lips" spraypainted as part of the deal?

You bought a mini-van.

bandb.jpg

He he he heh

huh huh huh

You bought a mini-van.

bandb.jpg

He he he heh

huh huh huh

When you have more than 1 kid, let's talk. :p

I had to buy one because our Suburban with a 454 in it only got 4 mpg, and any other thing that was big enough for our family was too expensive. When I get my nursing license, it's gone. It might fit all of us, but cramped as hell! And no room for stashing our gear when we go dirt bike riding or to play ball.

A month ago I bought a new 2008 Honda Odyssey. I really like it. No leather (don't really like leather), but at 22k, it was hard to resist. Sticker was 29k. I will buy a DVD player and have it installed for the kiddies.

Yeah, yeah. I know. A minivan. I have friends that say they won't be caught dead in the thing.

Ours is a 2006. :sulk:

Sorry TMACK....

That isn't what I meant. The 2006 is a nice truckster as well.

I mentioned the 2008 because it is the same body style.

P.S. Did you get the Greenwalls, the double headlights, and "Honky Lips" spraypainted as part of the deal?

Yep. In fact I did.

The damm thing is good in the snow too. I know this because we just got another 6 damm inches!!!!

Did I mention it sucks in cd's....spits em out and keeps the music on a hard drive in the radio????

VERY COOL!

When you have more than 1 kid, let's talk. :p

I had to buy one because our Suburban with a 454 in it only got 4 mpg, and any other thing that was big enough for our family was too expensive. When I get my nursing license, it's gone. It might fit all of us, but cramped as hell! And no room for stashing our gear when we go dirt bike riding or to play ball.

Yeah.

Well.

For those of us that don't have kids:

You bought a mini-van.

bandb.jpg

He he he heh

huh huh huh

My wife has a 2007 Odyssey. I had to get all the bells and whistles to keep my wife happy because she was giving up a Lexus LS430 and didn't want it but we love it now.

I grew up being driven around in Chrysler mini-vans. Always enjoyed it.

That being said, my wife said that she'll drop dead before she drives one.

She wants a Cayenne...

uh, wifey? I'm a teacher...

With a new kid on the immediate future i'll be looking for a minivan too. My father in law has a Honda Oddisey and that thing is mint.

Good luck with your new car!! I don't like Minivans myself. I prefer a car with room to go. People tried to convince the Mr. and I to buy one but we chose the Accord. I work with friends that use an Accord for 2 children and they have had plenty of room. I know most people swear by them but they are alot to fix and cost too much in gas. Again, your van sounds great so enjoy it!!

Chrysler Pacifica is basically an MB R class, not sure how much T&C crossover there was, but I always found them both to be fantastic driving vehicles. For the snobs of the world ;) the R350, used, at under $25k has to be one of the best values out there (and this coming from a die hard BMW guy), but the Pacifica stands right there. I also find myself enjoying the heck out of every Toyota Sienna XLE that I've driven...that's one heck of a nice minivan as well. Haven't had much experience with the Odyssey, but I do know that if you can, stay away from their HORRIBLE run-flat tire system, it'll cost you thousands of dollars in replacement costs, most of my customers who have it have gone out to find new wheel/tire combinations just to get away from that ridonkulous system.

Good luck with your new car!! I don't like Minivans myself. I prefer a car with room to go. People tried to convince the Mr. and I to buy one but we chose the Accord. I work with friends that use an Accord for 2 children and they have had plenty of room. I know most people swear by them but they are alot to fix and cost too much in gas. Again, your van sounds great so enjoy it!!

Well it goes like this:

3 kids
2 hockey teams (3 hockey bags, 6 sticks, 6-7 weekend trips around the midwest/year)
2 baseball teams (bats, gloves, kids)
1 football team
1 lacrosse team
Dance
Drama

Flat out outgrew both the Pacifica and the Mariner as the kid hauler.....

I had an Odyssey back in early 2000's. I might be the only one that had a bad experience with one. My buddy is on his third lease of one.

I grew up being driven around in Chrysler mini-vans. Always enjoyed it.

That being said, my wife said that she'll drop dead before she drives one.

She wants a Cayenne...

uh, wifey? I'm a teacher...

My wife wanted a Tahoe. She detested minivans, partly because she was against being a "minivan mom" and partly because she was in her mid twenties. When she saw the Tahoe had less trunk space and twice the price tag of the minivan we were looking at, she couldn't help but admit that the we had to go the minivan route.

More than two years later, she loves the minivan and laughs about how she used to feel. Silly woman.

My wife wanted a Tahoe. She detested minivans, partly because she was against being a "minivan mom" and partly because she was in her mid twenties. When she saw the Tahoe had less trunk space and twice the price tag of the minivan we were looking at, she couldn't help but admit that the we had to go the minivan route.

More than two years later, she loves the minivan and laughs about how she used to feel. Silly woman.

I'm sure that we'll be getting a SUV of some kind... nothing large, though. That's still 4-5 years in the future, though; the new Altima I bought her is large enough for the 1-2 children that we're planning.

She wasn't silly. She was brainwashed. It happens.

LOL.

Minivan.

LOL.

I miss my Town and Country too..but I don't miss the gas and maintainance bills.:) I was like that about mini vans at first too tmack but they are SO comfy. I had a track home and a mini van and it freaked me out for a few minutes then I got over it.:)

Back