Boycott NBC-Peacock

ParanoidPatriot

Big member
Reaction score
By now most of you know, except those of you that have your heads up your ass, that Saturday nights game between the Chiefs and Dolphins will only be shown on NBC-Peacock. That is a paid subscription service.

I am normally against boycotts as they hurt people at the bottom. But this is different. NBC and the NFL have decided to put the screws to football fans.
And who does it effect the most? That's right, the poor people of all races who can't afford to pay for Peacock. They will have to choose between food, medicine, or football.

No Football-No Peace.

Let's screw them as they would want to screw us. Don't subscribe to Peacock. If you do subscribe, cancel your subscription.
Let your voices be heard.

No Football-No Peace

I asked this on another thread, can you guys not get NFL Gamepass on DAZN?

That's really shit if that's your sole broadcaster for this game. In a region where the NFL is a minority sport, I can watch it on DAZN, SkySports and I think the BBC will carry it as well. The NFL are shooting themselves in the foot.

BTW, if you look at my sig, you will see the the NBC logo does not include the colors black or brown.
You can draw your own conclusions about that.

No Football-No Peace.

That's really shit if that's your sole broadcaster for this game. In a region where the NFL is a minority sport, I can watch it on DAZN, SkySports and I think the BBC will carry it as well. The NFL are shooting themselves in the foot.
gamepass costs money.
playoff football should all be on free tv. period.

gamepass costs money.
playoff football should all be on free tv. period.

Agree with you on that. It's the same issue over here, some sports have moved from free terrestrial TV to paid TV stations, and of course, viewer numbers have plummeted. Sport is the people's theatre, it's compelling, gives a fantastic release from the dregs of everyday life and should be free to watch.

Probably not.
But I get Peacock for free.
Well if you are not paying them, then I guess you can't hurt them as they are hurting us. Unless you want to be a true patriot and give it up to support the cause. Take one for the team.
No Football-No Peace.

The only subscription service I will watch games on is Prime (because most people have Prime nowadays). But when one-off games are on services like Apple, ESPN+ or Peacock, I won't watch them and I am not going to do the free trial out of protest (albeit a small one, I know).

We all pay enough for Cable/subscription services, etc., that these games should be accessible to more than 50% of the potential audience. I don't know a single person who would sign up to a service for a single game and keep it for the other content. Additionally, if you're someone who likes watching games down at the local pub, that will go away if more and more of these games are only shown on streaming services.

My sister has a subscription to Peacock already. I was planning to watch the game at her place. Of course, I'll be rooting for

earth asteroid GIF

so let me get this straight....

I have a Peacock (Free) Subscription
2023 NFL games which broadcasted on NBC also streamed Free on Peacock (Free)
but
Chiefs/Dolphins playoff game will be a Peacock PREMIUM Exclusive (not available on a Peacock (Free) Subscription)

is it because of this?

Why did NFL put playoff game on a streaming service? Last year, Amazon Prime bought the rights to “Thursday Night Football,” meaning fans had to stream those games. Peacock streamed a Week 17 game between the Bills and Chargers last month, and it doled out a lot of money to carry this postseason game.

The Athletic reported that Peacock paid the NFL an estimated $110 million for the right to carry one playoff game. Yep, just one. Saturday’s Chiefs-Dolphins game is a trial balloon of sorts.

Hans Schroeder, executive vice president/chief operating officer of NFL media, talked about the Peacock game last year in a story on the league’s website. “Expanding the digital distribution of NFL content while maintaining wide reach for our games continues to be a key priority for the league, and bringing the excitement of an NFL playoff game exclusively to Peacock’s streaming platform is the next step in that strategy,” Schroeder said. We’ll see if that strategy pays off for the NFL.

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/s...etes-sake/article283972138.html#storylink=cpy

why can't Roger have all the Fan Duel (and other) NFL gambling degenerates pay for me to see this game???? :lecture::cuss::biggrin:

We cannot get it outside of Peacock here in the states that I am aware of.

I may have access to it through my daughter.

Have Peacock for Premier League and like it. But this is a dumb ass move by the NFL. The one-off streaming thing is dumb.

We cannot get it outside of Peacock here in the states that I am aware of.

I may have access to it through my daughter.
I was in Greece for the first UM game this year and it was Peacock only. Had to download a VPN and it worked. Annoying.

Back