Brady got away with a false start on the last 2-point conversion

Clay

Reaction score
eX8sc0z.gif

Imagine if the refs had flagged that. Might have changed history.

Yeah, I was curious when they threw the flag if it was on Brady or Freeney

If you're going there...why not call out the BS that the Falcons got away with (which was a lot)? Offsides, unnecessary roughness, holding...etc.

I'm trying to see what the OP point is here.

Someone help me as I'm quite dense, you know.

One more thing that makes Brady G.O.A.T.S.I.

Greatest Of All Time Suck It.

eX8sc0z.gif

Imagine if the refs had flagged that. Might have changed history.

Seems he was taking the snap to me. I will go back and slow down every single play of the game and see how many missed calls I can find and we will add them up and see how it goes...in every game of the season

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

It's because Brady knew their signals but he got antsy.
:coffee:

Wait, dungy said that was legal.

It's because Brady knew their signals but he got antsy.
Of course he knew their signals, everybody knows Brady was piloting that drone over the Falcons practice while BB stood next to him twirling his mustache.

Of course he knew their signals, everybody knows Brady was piloting that drone over the Falcons practice while BB stood next to him twirling his mustache.
There was no need for the Patriots to fly a drone, they had already stolen the Falcons' playbook.

But naturally, it's the Patriots, so they did both.

No days off.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/grading-controversial-calls-super-bowl-li/story?id=45288395

Digging into the questionable officiating calls in Super Bowl LI between the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons:

First Quarter

Call No. 1: On the first play of the Patriots' second possession, receiver Julian Edelman took a big hit at least three yards out of bounds from Falcons linebacker Deion Jones. The pass gained two yards for New England to the Patriots' 12-yard line, but the officiating crew could have easily tacked on 15 yards for a late hit. That would have moved the ball to the 27-yard line.

The verdict: Generally we prefer officials to let them play in the Super Bowl, but a late hit out of bounds doesn't fall in that category. Grade: D :eggplant:

Second Quarter

Call No. 2: The Falcons received a second chance to kick an extra point after Matt Ryan's 19-yard touchdown pass to tight end Austin Hooper. Patriots linebacker Shea McClellin, who was trying to time his leap to block the kick, was penalized for an illegal formation. McClellin was ruled to have been lined up over long-snapper Josh Harris on the line of scrimmage at the snap. But replays revealed that McClellin actually was in between the long-snapper and guard Chris Chester. Place-kicker Matt Bryant aborted the kick. NFL rules call for an illegal formation penalty if the player is not fully outside of the long-snapper's shoulders. Patriots coach Bill Belichick was livid, and actually showed the officiating crew photographs of the play shortly afterwards.

The verdict: The penalty shouldn't have been called, and the Falcons shouldn't have gotten a second chance to kick. Grade: F
:eggplant:

Call No. 3: Referee Carl Cheffers penalized the Falcons three times for defensive holding, all on third down, to keep a Patriots drive alive. Two were called on cornerback Brian Poole and one on cornerback Robert Alford. The NFL rulebook defines defensive holding as occurring when a player "grasps an eligible offensive player (or his jersey) with his hands, or extends an arm or arms to cut off or encircle them."

The verdict: Pregame tendencies suggested that this crew would let defensive backs be physical, but all three of these plays were obvious and clear violations. The timing was bad for the Falcons, but they were correct and appropriate calls. Grade: A Nutkick

Bill gonna Bill. Ernie gonna Ernie.

On the Falcon's last drive Flowers hit Ryan just after he released the ball on 3rd down and they had to punt it back.

Watching a replay it seemed legal enough. Maybe he could have held up more but Flowers was smart to sort of drop his arms and disengage but that kind of hit has been flagged fairly often and had it been a penalty it would have been curtains for us.

So many little things that it is mind-boggling.

Overall, I thought the refs did a decent job. Every defensive holding and interference was legit and that's when the zebras tend to get creative in interpreting stuff.

Good job by the dude that signalled "catch" on Edelman's Miracle. He was emphatic on the call and the replay showed he was correct. I don't know how he could have been so sure watching live, because that was ridiculously close.

On the Falcon's last drive Flowers hit Ryan just after he released the ball on 3rd down and they had to punt it back.

Watching a replay it seemed legal enough. Maybe he could have held up more but Flowers was smart to sort of drop his arms and disengage but that kind of hit has been flagged fairly often and had it been a penalty it would have been curtains for us.

So many little things that it is mind-boggling.

Overall, I thought the refs did a decent job. Every defensive holding and interference was legit and that's when the zebras tend to get creative in interpreting stuff.

Good job by the dude that signalled "catch" on Edelman's Miracle. He was emphatic on the call and the replay showed he was correct. I don't know how he could have been so sure watching live, because that was ridiculously close.

In general, the officiating was very good throughout the playoffs. They let the boys play. I'm not sure why they can't do that throughout the regular season.

AS far as "The Catch" is concerned, even if it had been ruled incomplete, it would have been reversed on replay. But I agree, very good awareness by that official to get it right the first time.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/grading-controversial-calls-super-bowl-li/story?id=45288395

Digging into the questionable officiating calls in Super Bowl LI between the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons:

First Quarter

Call No. 1: On the first play of the Patriots' second possession, receiver Julian Edelman took a big hit at least three yards out of bounds from Falcons linebacker Deion Jones. The pass gained two yards for New England to the Patriots' 12-yard line, but the officiating crew could have easily tacked on 15 yards for a late hit. That would have moved the ball to the 27-yard line.

The verdict: Generally we prefer officials to let them play in the Super Bowl, but a late hit out of bounds doesn't fall in that category. Grade: D :eggplant:

Second Quarter

Call No. 2: The Falcons received a second chance to kick an extra point after Matt Ryan's 19-yard touchdown pass to tight end Austin Hooper. Patriots linebacker Shea McClellin, who was trying to time his leap to block the kick, was penalized for an illegal formation. McClellin was ruled to have been lined up over long-snapper Josh Harris on the line of scrimmage at the snap. But replays revealed that McClellin actually was in between the long-snapper and guard Chris Chester. Place-kicker Matt Bryant aborted the kick. NFL rules call for an illegal formation penalty if the player is not fully outside of the long-snapper's shoulders. Patriots coach Bill Belichick was livid, and actually showed the officiating crew photographs of the play shortly afterwards.

The verdict: The penalty shouldn't have been called, and the Falcons shouldn't have gotten a second chance to kick. Grade: F
:eggplant:

Call No. 3: Referee Carl Cheffers penalized the Falcons three times for defensive holding, all on third down, to keep a Patriots drive alive. Two were called on cornerback Brian Poole and one on cornerback Robert Alford. The NFL rulebook defines defensive holding as occurring when a player "grasps an eligible offensive player (or his jersey) with his hands, or extends an arm or arms to cut off or encircle them."

The verdict: Pregame tendencies suggested that this crew would let defensive backs be physical, but all three of these plays were obvious and clear violations. The timing was bad for the Falcons, but they were correct and appropriate calls. Grade: A Nutkick

Wow, now I gotta double up on what Bid said;

:***: :***: :***: :***:

Cheers, BostonTim

Back