Brady: I was told my career was over in 2008

tonyto36

Reaction score
Did any one else hear about this? Sounds like a complication with his ACL (staph infection) put Bradys career in jeopardy.

Obviously we know how it turned out, but it also puts some additional perspective on his 2009 season (against the toughest pass defense gauntlet in NFL history). Rough thinking about how 08 and 09 could have gone if given reasonable injuries those seasons.

Did any one else hear about this? Sounds like a complication with his ACL (staph infection) put Bradys career in jeopardy.

Obviously we know how it turned out, but it also puts some additional perspective on his 2009 season (against the toughest pass defense gauntlet in NFL history). Rough thinking about how 08 and 09 could have gone if given reasonable injuries those seasons.

Never heard this. Where did you get the info?

TB was still hurting in 09. i didn't realize it until they showed the 2 part bb football life and he and bb are meeting in BB's office, talking about ed reed. tb gets up to walk out and he is definitely limping. sure helps explain all the non-tb-like throws we saw in 09 (medicine balls).

Staph and marsa are not the same thing. They both suck though.

~Dee~

On WEEI this AM Brady said that in 2008 doctors told him he would never play again due to infections. He is convinced that herbal/natural remedies given him by his personal trainer/guru cured him.

The interview was fascinating. He is really passionate about preparing his body for maximum performance. He says that the "western" philosophy is basically get strong and fast, go hard, get hurt and then recover. His focus is instead on preparation and readying or "toughening" himself for the physical contest, so that he does need to recover from anything. He mentioned that the concepts are "eastern", and they sound rooted in some of the stuff that comes out of Asian martial arts.

If you look at him it really looks like it works. He looks leaner than before, but very limber. He gets hit and he just springs up with very little effect. We have all seen that he moves better, and his arm seems to have more pop than it did a few years ago.

You can call his trainer a quack if you want, but his shit seems to work with TB12.

On WEEI this AM Brady said that in 2008 doctors told him he would never play again due to infections. He is convinced that herbal/natural remedies given him by his personal trainer/guru cured him.

The interview was fascinating. He is really passionate about preparing his body for maximum performance. He says that the "western" philosophy is basically get strong and fast, go hard, get hurt and then recover. His focus is instead on preparation and readying or "toughening" himself for the physical contest, so that he does need to recover from anything. He mentioned that the concepts are "eastern", and they sound rooted in some of the stuff that comes out of Asian martial arts.

If you look at him it really looks like it works. He looks leaner than before, but very limber. He gets hit and he just springs up with very little effect. We have all seen that he moves better, and his arm seems to have more pop than it did a few years ago.

You can call his trainer a quack if you want, but his shit seems to work with TB12.

Yep

~Dee~

I agree.

Brady Wins.

I remember this real well. It was real hairy for a while.

I call his trainer a quack for his devious efforts to steal from people via lies and half truths on late night TV.

Not for whatever he does with TB personally now. The FTC doesn't seem to care about the personal relationship.

Steal from dying and desperate people = Quack.

Help TB via herbs and veggies = Good for my football team.

I call his trainer a quack for his devious efforts to steal from people via lies and half truths on late night TV.

Not for whatever he does with TB personally now. The FTC doesn't seem to care about the personal relationship.

Steal from dying and desperate people = Quack.

Help TB via herbs and veggies = Good for my football team.

Better.

But I wouldn't refer as a quack. To me a quack is someone making money but knowing nothing of the work.

His acts were devious and deceitful. Dirty. But I don't know him personally and maybe he's remorseful and sorrowful.

I don't know.

But I picture Brady being cautious and guarded. If he's comfortable with him I defer.

Oh joy, now we're going to have two threads about this :suicide:

http://thepeopleschemist.com/how-big-pharma-lies-to-doctors-about-the-medicine-you-are-taking/

Following doctor’s orders has become synonymous with danger. In my book, Over-The-Counter Natural Cures, I documented that every year, FDA- approved drugs kill twice as many people as the total number of U.S. deaths from the Vietnam War. Death by medicine flourishes because deceit, not science, governs a doctor’s prescribing habits.

Working as a pharmaceutical chemist, I learned that the deceit comes in many forms. Medical ghostwriting and checkbook ‘science’ are the most prominent.

Doctors rely on peer-reviewed medical journals to learn about prescription drugs. These journals include the Lancet, British Medical Journal, New England Journal of Medicine and the Journal of the American Medical Association. It’s assumed that these professional journals offer the hard science behind any given drug. This assumption is wrong. Thanks to medical ghost-writing, medical journals can’t be trusted.

Medical ghostwriting is the practice of hiring Ph.D.s to crank out drug reports that hype benefits while hiding negative side effects. Once complete, drug companies recruit doctors to put their name on the report as the authors. These reports are then published in the above mentioned medical journals. The carrot for this deceitful practice is money and prestige. Ghostwriters can receive up to $20,000 per report. Doctors receive prestige from having been published.

As deplorable as medical ghostwriting sounds, it is more common than you think. Dr. Jeffrey Drazen, editor for the New England Journal of Medicine, insists that he cannot find drug review authors who do not have financial ties to drug companies. Dr. David Healy, of the University of Wales, predicts that 50% of the journals drug review articles are written by ghostwriters hired by Big Pharma.

The editor of the British Journal of Medicine has acknowledged that medical ghostwriting has become a serious problem for his publication: “We are being hoodwinked by the drug companies. The articles come in with doctors’ names on them and we often find some of them have little or no idea about what they have written.”

Consider the testimony from deputy editor of the Journal of the American Medical Association: “This [journal articles] is all about bypassing science. Medicine is becoming a sort of Cloud Cuckoo Land, where doctors don’t know what papers they can trust in the journals, and the public doesn’t want to believe.”
Confessions of Ghostwriters

Ex-medical ghostwriter Susanna Rees stated:
“Medical writing agencies go to great lengths to disguise the fact that the papers they ghostwrite and submit to journals and conferences are ghostwritten on behalf of pharmaceutical companies and not by the named authors,’ she wrote. ‘There is a relatively high success rate for ghostwritten submissions ─ not outstanding, but consistent.”4
Other ghostwriters have come forward privately:

Ghostwriter 1
“I agreed to do two reviews for a supplement to appear under the names of respected ‘authors.’ I was given an outline, references, and a list of drug-company approved phrases. I was asked to sign an agreement stating that I would not disclose anything about the project. I was pressured to rework my drafts to position the product more favorably.”

Ghostwriter 2
“I was told exactly what the drug company expected and given explicit instructions about what to play up and what to play down.”

More at link.

Oh joy, now we're going to have two threads about this :suicide:
I am internally debating to merge this with the other one or to cut out the other poop and merge into this one.

then again I could just be lazy and let it fall into place and drift off into the sunset.

think I will have another tea and think it over.

I am internally debating to merge this with the other one or to cut out the other poop and merge into this one.

then again I could just be lazy and let it fall into place and drift off into the sunset.

think I will have another tea and think it over.

I hope that tea is enhanced with some adult substance. :party:

http://thepeopleschemist.com/how-big-pharma-lies-to-doctors-about-the-medicine-you-are-taking/

Following doctor’s orders has become synonymous with danger. In my book, Over-The-Counter Natural Cures, I documented that every year, FDA- approved drugs kill twice as many people as the total number of U.S. deaths from the Vietnam War. Death by medicine flourishes because deceit, not science, governs a doctor’s prescribing habits.

Working as a pharmaceutical chemist, I learned that the deceit comes in many forms. Medical ghostwriting and checkbook ‘science’ are the most prominent.

Doctors rely on peer-reviewed medical journals to learn about prescription drugs. These journals include the Lancet, British Medical Journal, New England Journal of Medicine and the Journal of the American Medical Association. It’s assumed that these professional journals offer the hard science behind any given drug. This assumption is wrong. Thanks to medical ghost-writing, medical journals can’t be trusted.

Medical ghostwriting is the practice of hiring Ph.D.s to crank out drug reports that hype benefits while hiding negative side effects. Once complete, drug companies recruit doctors to put their name on the report as the authors. These reports are then published in the above mentioned medical journals. The carrot for this deceitful practice is money and prestige. Ghostwriters can receive up to $20,000 per report. Doctors receive prestige from having been published.

As deplorable as medical ghostwriting sounds, it is more common than you think. Dr. Jeffrey Drazen, editor for the New England Journal of Medicine, insists that he cannot find drug review authors who do not have financial ties to drug companies. Dr. David Healy, of the University of Wales, predicts that 50% of the journals drug review articles are written by ghostwriters hired by Big Pharma.

The editor of the British Journal of Medicine has acknowledged that medical ghostwriting has become a serious problem for his publication: “We are being hoodwinked by the drug companies. The articles come in with doctors’ names on them and we often find some of them have little or no idea about what they have written.”

Consider the testimony from deputy editor of the Journal of the American Medical Association: “This [journal articles] is all about bypassing science. Medicine is becoming a sort of Cloud Cuckoo Land, where doctors don’t know what papers they can trust in the journals, and the public doesn’t want to believe.”
Confessions of Ghostwriters

Ex-medical ghostwriter Susanna Rees stated:
“Medical writing agencies go to great lengths to disguise the fact that the papers they ghostwrite and submit to journals and conferences are ghostwritten on behalf of pharmaceutical companies and not by the named authors,’ she wrote. ‘There is a relatively high success rate for ghostwritten submissions ─ not outstanding, but consistent.”4
Other ghostwriters have come forward privately:

Ghostwriter 1
“I agreed to do two reviews for a supplement to appear under the names of respected ‘authors.’ I was given an outline, references, and a list of drug-company approved phrases. I was asked to sign an agreement stating that I would not disclose anything about the project. I was pressured to rework my drafts to position the product more favorably.”

Ghostwriter 2
“I was told exactly what the drug company expected and given explicit instructions about what to play up and what to play down.”

More at link.

This has been a problem for a long time and not just with human health. Back in the '70s an AVMA Journal article detailed Pfizer's research in developing the first 3 year Rabies vaccine for dogs and cats that could be given SQ instead of IM (which hurt a lot more). It was a huge advance for vets and their patients. Millions of doses were given over the next 2 years until an FDA report came out that Pfizer's research was knowingly flawed. It turned out that Pfizer's researchers refused to sign off on the research so Pfizer had 2 VPs ghost write & sign off on the work given to the FDA for approval. I had given close to 15K doses of that vaccine for which Pfizer offered to pay me a measley $5 each and a free vaccine to notify each client, make an appointment and give their replacement vaccine. I sued Pfizer in '78 or '79 and they quickly settled out of court.

I've never trusted Pfizer since.

Indirectly related to all this big pharma crap going on right now is the huge counterfeit drug problem. Did you know that the 2 most counterfeited drugs on the market today, human or animal, are Frontline and Advantage, both used for flea and tick control on dogs and cats? It's coming in from China through channels in Mexico and Canada. The packaging is an exact duplicate and even Merial, the French maker of Frontline, can't tell you which is real and which is fake by looking at the package. If you buy either product from Costco, BJs or online chances are close to 100% you're getting the fake since Merial says they don't sell to them. Just a heads up.

Back