Budweiser is terrible

chef

4th Dimensional Guitar Hero
Reaction score
bloody hell, most likely the worst beer i've ever had. do people like it over there?

bloody hell, most likely the worst beer i've ever had. do people like it over there?

I prefer it to other beers but you'll find most on here feel the way you do.

Best beer I've had to this point:

1833930.jpg

I used to drink a lot of Bud, but I've not had any in a while. I liked it back in the day. :shrug:

Budweiser advertising has brain washed people into thinking that's what beer is supposed to taste like. The problem is that for many decades after prohibition, it was one of the few options available. Prior to prohibition, there were 1000's of microbreweries around the country. The only brewers that survived that era were the giants like Anheiser-Busch and Miller.

Now that good brewing is coming on strong, alot of people are starting to try different things out and finding what they like. Still, there are many who's taste is beyond repair.

I'll drink a Bud if: 1) it's free and 2) there's nothing else available (any port in a storm).

Best beer I've had to this point:

1833930.jpg

I like that once in a while, more of a mental thing.
My dad never drank Bud. He always had Molson, Becks or something else in the fridge.

Budweiser advertising has brain washed people into thinking that's what beer is supposed to taste like. The problem is that for many decades after prohibition, it was one of the few options available. Prior to prohibition, there were 1000's of microbreweries around the country. The only brewers that survived that era were the giants like Anheiser-Busch and Miller.

Now that good brewing is coming on strong, alot of people are starting to try different things out and finding what they like. Still, there are many who's taste is beyond repair.

I'll drink a Bud if: 1) it's free and 2) there's nothing else available (any port in a storm).

+1 Bid, well said.

I bet Bud used to be pretty good.
They have cut their hops about in half since the 60's

Like a friend always says
"babalu, whats worse than warm beer.................... NO BEER"

I sometimes here people talk of a "boom" in microbrew/craft popularity.
There has been a steady gain in that market every year since the early 90's.

Why the hell else would Bud come out with American Ale.......... I mean FAIL.
I know Bud could brew a kick ass Pale Ale if they werent so focused on profit margin.

Awful. Both in the can and bottle, light or standard and especially "Ice."

As far as Anheuser-Busch goes though, Michelob is not bad. Certainly leaps and bounds better than Bud.

It does suck, and it sucks even more now that it is owned by a foreign company... INBev. I work at Busch Gardens and they used to have a hospitality house to give free beer away, not anymore. they used to give us 2 cases of beer a month (which I used to trade for one case of Sam Adams at the local Mom and Pop) but not anymore. they have to cut costs now. It won't be long before it ends up effecting the quality of the beer, which to me there is none. Personally I won't drink another Bud product especially in light of the way many of the workers in St Louis were treated after the takeover.... Ok I'm off my soapbox

My Dad used to drink Narragansett but of course the company went out of business years ago. No wonder. It was the skunkiest, nastiest beer I ever tasted. Anybody old enough like me to remember it? :D

It does suck, and it sucks even more now that it is owned by a foreign company... INBev. I work at Busch Gardens and they used to have a hospitality house to give free beer away, not anymore. they used to give us 2 cases of beer a month (which I used to trade for one case of Sam Adams at the local Mom and Pop) but not anymore. they have to cut costs now. It won't be long before it ends up effecting the quality of the beer, which to me there is none. Personally I won't drink another Bud product especially in light of the way many of the workers in St Louis were treated after the takeover.... Ok I'm off my soapbox

Do they still let active duty servicemen in for free?

I'm a weekend alcholic on a budget, I drink cheap beer, sometimes Bud:coffee:

Screw you,
Teh rick

I'm a weekend alcholic on a budget, I drink cheap beer, sometimes Bud:coffee:

Screw you,
Teh rick

if you want dirt cheap beer drink natural ice. You have to be neither Buzzed or have very little money to want to drink that beer.

My Dad used to drink Narragansett but of course the company went out of business years ago. No wonder. It was the skunkiest, nastiest beer I ever tasted. Anybody old enough like me to remember it? :D

ooh, I remember Nastygansetts...good stuff

back to the OP-

to say Bud blows is an insult to things that blow. HOWEVER, it's my understanding that their American Lager is actually really good. Haven't tried it yet, but a couple people I know that are what I would consider to be real beer drinkers have and they both liked.

Luso...you like Molson...?

:Eason::Eason::Eason:

Back