Calling all Old Posters

How do you define old?
5826810739_manbreasts_xlarge.jpeg

Box of Rocks.

I think something bad happened here. Perhaps Paranoid Patriot would know? One of my favorites.

BY
Jaric
Anni
Hawg
Mikie
Pookie
SOKB
MichiganDave

Feel free to add to whom I am forgetting.

:zombie::jedi-smiley::toast:

Michigan Dave is around. He never completely leaves because he has to spread his arrogance all over social media. :coffee: ROFL

SOKB stopped by towards the end of the season, but I'd love to see him here again.

JARIC, PLEASE COME BACK!!!! Just one of the most amusing people I've seen on the Internet, and we need guys like him around.

RoadGrader popped by not long ago. I do miss that funny SOB. And Jaric too.

Don't worry everybody, I'm here.
hobbes.gif

Michigan Dave is around. He never completely leaves because he has to spread his arrogance all over social media. :coffee: ROFL

SOKB stopped by towards the end of the season, but I'd love to see him here again.

JARIC, PLEASE COME BACK!!!! Just one of the most amusing people I've seen on the Internet, and we need guys like him around.

I did notice Jaric lurking a few days ago. Miss him too.

~Dee~

Box of Rocks.

I think something bad happened here. Perhaps Paranoid Patriot would know? One of my favorites.

I didn't post that often and may have misunderstood at the time, but wasn't Box of Rocks the NEM slaying alter-ego of one of the previously mentioned old school posters? I didn't know him, but their speaking style was the same.

I've posted infrequently, but date back to the original mod regime of UT, Hawg, Alice and the 4th one who flamed out and was banned. Was his name No Respect? He was a funny troll on the Panthers board during that Super Bowl and I recognized him right away when I came here. (I actually started trolling on Indystar & the Panthers board before I found my way here.)

I hadn't come to this board in 9 months or something and when I came back, No Respect had been fired from being a mod and was in his final week or two of going out in a ball of flames before being banned from the site. I'd be curious if anyone feels like sharing, what actually happened when he was a mod that ended up pissing everyone off so much, because I honestly missed it and have always wondered. He was witty and could be very funny, but something turned really ugly.

I didn't post that often and may have misunderstood at the time, but wasn't Box of Rocks the NEM slaying alter-ego of one of the previously mentioned old school posters? I didn't know him, but their speaking style was the same.

I've posted infrequently, but date back to the original mod regime of UT, Hawg, Alice and the 4th one who flamed out and was banned. Was his name No Respect? He was a funny troll on the Panthers board during that Super Bowl and I recognized him right away when I came here. (I actually started trolling on Indystar & the Panthers board before I found my way here.)

I hadn't come to this board in 9 months or something and when I came back, No Respect had been fired from being a mod and was in his final week or two of going out in a ball of flames before being banned from the site. I'd be curious if anyone feels like sharing, what actually happened when he was a mod that ended up pissing everyone off so much, because I honestly missed it and have always wondered. He was witty and could be very funny, but something turned really ugly.
I do not think Box was NR, will not type the name.

BUT, i arrived after the holy wars and never was part of it all so I could be wrong, thankfully.

I got to know Box at the other site during some nem wars on Charlie weiss then McDaniels and those two did not agree on much.

****I do think someone, maybe Anni, once explained the unholy wars but i cant find the thread***

Yikes, MH. I think you're probably dragging up some seriously bad memories for some. Seems NR was a big part of driving Falling Alice (a PP founding member) off the board and NR's last post sounded like a sociopathic troll:

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertaker #59
This board will survive one way or another. It may be trolling nirvana here for a little while, but that won't last forever either.

Oh I don't need to revel in it much longer. My work is nearly done. In fact, I've far exceeded my quotas. I was hoping to return the favor of making life miserable for a few special individuals, but I never hoped to make any of them actually quit. That's too much to ask for, but it isn't without a certain poetic justice, n'est pas? That is...what's that word -- priceless. by NR

I do not think Box was NR, will not type the name.

BUT, i arrived after the holy wars and never was part of it all so I could be wrong, thankfully.

I got to know Box at the other site during some nem wars on Charlie weiss then McDaniels and those two did not agree on much.

No, I was talking about two people. I never noticed anyone who seemed like No Respect returning after he left. I meant that I thought Box was another well liked and often joked about poster here. I was trying to respectfully keep things on the DL by not mentioning his name. Unless I misunderstood it, it seemed like the rocks in the box were for throwing at NEM, which was an entertaining aspect of this site at the time.

Yikes, MH. I think you're probably dragging up some seriously bad memories for some. Seems NR was a big part of driving Falling Alice (a PP founding member) off the board and NR's last post sounded like a sociopathic troll:

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertaker #59
This board will survive one way or another. It may be trolling nirvana here for a little while, but that won't last forever either.

Oh I don't need to revel in it much longer. My work is nearly done. In fact, I've far exceeded my quotas. I was hoping to return the favor of making life miserable for a few special individuals, but I never hoped to make any of them actually quit. That's too much to ask for, but it isn't without a certain poetic justice, n'est pas? That is...what's that word -- priceless. by NR

I was here for NR's scorched earth exit and saw how intense that got. My question was more about what had started that train wreck because I was here and things were fine and then when I came back months later, it was hatred & chaos.

Falling Alice still posted for a couple years after NR left. I think the "Collar Up" thing was after that. I have a PM from her explaining why she was leaving in March, 2007. Her last straw was something that was going on in the Politcal Playground.

Box wasn't an alter-ego of anyone. He was a regular on PF.com and he and I and a number of others jumped over to this board in '06 when that board was having major problems with trolls and shut-downs. He kept posting on both boards for a number of years. He disappeared from both around 2012.

Box did find NEM a waste of internet space and said so in no uncertain terms, but I think Mark H., that you are thinking of another certain regular here that has 2 identities and also is a regular over on PF.

Back