Cam Newton released!

Well...

I was about to work on a little CAMAC banner for the board. No need.

I just hope the fans are patient with Mac for his rookie mistakes. It's a long season. But very exciting.

I actually don't think we will even need to be that patient. The kid seems ridiculously well prepared for the NFL. I was so impressed with him against the Giants, even though he was under a lot of pressure and taking sacks etc, it's the poise and good options. And a nice arm too.

The regular season of course is a different animal and this is where it really gets serious. But from where we are now, he looks ready to rock.

Go Mac!

I actually don't think we will even need to be that patient. The kid seems ridiculously well prepared for the NFL. I was so impressed with him against the Giants, even though he was under a lot of pressure and taking sacks etc, it's the poise and good options. And a nice arm too.
...and that was probably his worst game of the 3.

This is one of the true bombshells of the Belichick era.

I can't wait for the next presser to see the sharks circling Bill so that he tells them his inner feelings about all of this.

The only thing more surprising than releasing Cam would be if he tells everybody exactly why he really did it.

I'm thinking that last week's 2nd opinion trip by Cam didn't go quite as the public narrative of "a mutual misunderstanding", or however it was phrased, suggested it did and Newton did something they just didn't want to have to deal with. I'm sure we'll have some juicy conspiracy theories popping up very soon.

One thing to possibly consider is that Bill cut Lawyer Milloy because (I'm paraphrasing) that while he understood Milloy was clearly a team leader, Bill felt Milloy had started to become a "negative" leader over time and a clubhouse Lawyer (pun intended). I think it's possible that the same thing applied here. Newton's public persona was that he was super popular with everybody, but it's possible that behind the scenes there were problems with his study habits or something else we don't get to see.

I keep thinking about that play the other night where he threw way behind Meyers on the blitz. If Bill determined that Cam didn't adjust an obvious protection adjustment correctly then he might have said "If he hasn't figured out his responsibilities yet with over a year in the system then........."

I don’t get this move. I’m on record saying it’ll be better for Macs future with as much time as possible to develop. I wish he had more.

But if your gonna cut Cam why not do it sooner and get Mac every rep possible? Bill knew what he had with Cam.

Huh?

Mac got a huge amount of reps this summer. Granted, it was often with the 2’s, but he often had more reps than Cam.

In addition he will have two weeks’ of snaps with the first team leading up to Week 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now hold on a minute. Have they announced Mac as the starter yet? That would be a total Belichick thing to come out week one with Hoyer The Destroyer as the starter. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
This is one of the true bombshells of the Belichick era.

I can't wait for the next presser to see the sharks circling Bill so that he tells them his inner feelings about all of this.

The only thing more surprising than releasing Cam would be if he tells everybody exactly why he really did it.

I'm thinking that last week's 2nd opinion trip by Cam didn't go quite as the public narrative of "a mutual misunderstanding", or however it was phrased, suggested it did and Newton did something they just didn't want to have to deal with. I'm sure we'll have some juicy conspiracy theories popping up very soon.

One thing to possibly consider is that Bill cut Lawyer Milloy because (I'm paraphrasing) that while he understood Milloy was clearly a team leader, Bill felt Milloy had started to become a "negative" leader over time and a clubhouse Lawyer (pun intended). I think it's possible that the same thing applied here. Newton's public persona was that he was super popular with everybody, but it's possible that behind the scenes there were problems with his study habits or something else we don't get to see.

I keep thinking about that play the other night where he threw way behind Meyers on the blitz. If Bill determined that Cam didn't adjust an obvious protection adjustment correctly then he might have said "If he hasn't figured out his responsibilities yet with over a year in the system then........."

I don't have any sources or knowledge of what goes on inside, but I really don't believe that was the case. I can only judge on the comments, casual or not from the players about Newton and it was always positive. He seemed to fit in and was popular with them. I don't think he ever gave the coaches any issues either.

Now hold on a minute. Have the announced Mac as the starter yet? That would be a total Belichick thing to come out week one with Hoyer The Destroyer as the starter. :ROFLMAO:
Crazy pills :rofl:

I don't have any sources or knowledge of what goes on inside, but I really don't believe that was the case. I can only judge on the comments, casual or not from the players about Newton and it was always positive. He seemed to fit in and was popular with them. I don't think he ever gave the coaches any issues either.
Cam's career ended when he punked out in the SB.

Back