Can you believe....

Kat, just wanted to add my congratulations to one of the real good people who deserves all future happiness that you desire. You folks have my family's prayers for a long, fruitful and satisfying marriage.:toast:

I've had my DJ ready for a long time :) He's been waiting for me to give him a date!

Our wedding song is going to be a Metallica one lol

The band I was thinking of doesn't play any Metallica. ROFL

Depending on the date though, maybe I could get the current Megadeth drummer and ex guitarist to crash it with me :p

The band I was thinking of doesn't play any Metallica. ROFL

Depending on the date though, maybe I could get the current Megadeth drummer and ex guitarist to crash it with me :p

Zack loves Megadeth!!

I would love to invite Ray Bourque and see if him and his wife come lol He is his all time favorite hockey player

Our freaking Surgeon would have strongly cautioned against that cake. Certain of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nonsense, you just have to properly reenforce the structural integrity field.

The trick is to put a hard surface underneath each major layer (plastic of cardboard will work). That way the load is evenly transferred to the next level. If necessary, put some vertical struts on the inner part to help hold up the rigid surfaces.

When you cut the cake for the guests, simply remove the plastic part before you start to cut the lower level.

BTW, the real issue with any such cake is not the weight of the cake itself, but transporting it.

If your not careful, the side loads in the van can cause it to start to lean before you even get to the reception.

This is why many cakes have those fake columns to raise various layers above others.

You can assemble the cake at the reception by placing the columns on each layer and stacking the next. Thus the vertical rise of the cake is not that big while you're transporting it.

Then build me a tall carrot cake. :p

I need a more detailed specification.

How tall?

How many layers?

How many people do you want to feed?

What frosting?

What color frosting?

Just remember, you can have it quick, cheap, or good. Pick any two.

I haven't! The place I saw is called Castleton. It's right on the lake over there.

I am putting that place on my list though. Golf courses are usually gorgeous places to take pictures plus the groom to be and many people around us love to golf.

While it would be nice to have an all-in-one resort where folks could stay, play golf and then attend the reception at the same place, I have played a few times at a place called the Bradford Country Club in Haverhill. It looks to be less than 10 miles from Windham. It's a very challenging, extremely hilly and fun course that is in nice shape. Another place close by is called Far Corners which is just down the street from Bradford. I've heard good things about it, but haven't played there.

If you settle on Castleton then either might work for the golfers.

(Just seeing this now - sorry to be so late to the party)

All the best to you both. Getting married was the best decision I've ever made. If I could only get one thing right, I am glad it was that.

(Just seeing this now - sorry to be so late to the party)

All the best to you both. Getting married was the best decision I've ever made. If I could only get one thing right, I am glad it was that.

I meant to find you on here or facebook but are you a travel agent? I have a question about something you might know the answer to :)

While it would be nice to have an all-in-one resort where folks could stay, play golf and then attend the reception at the same place, I have played a few times at a place called the Bradford Country Club in Haverhill. It looks to be less than 10 miles from Windham. It's a very challenging, extremely hilly and fun course that is in nice shape. Another place close by is called Far Corners which is just down the street from Bradford. I've heard good things about it, but haven't played there.

If you settle on Castleton then either might work for the golfers.

Thank you :) I saw that one as well when I did a search for golf courses. It's on the list that seems to be growing lol

The boy is having a hard time the past couple of days after all the excitement leveled a little he is missing his dad terribly so I don't want to show him places and stuff just yet. I am just there while he gets through this week

I meant to find you on here or facebook but are you a travel agent? I have a question about something you might know the answer to :)

I'm not an agent but am kind of in travel so ask away - hope I can help.

This lady right here is officially off the market!!!! He finally did it!

Those of you who are facebook friends with me PLEASE DO NOT SAY ANYTHING on there just yet. I have to wait until I get out of work and fly up to Lynn so I can show my mom because I don't want to tell her over the phone :)

I can't WAIT for this work day to be over!!!! First order of business getting my nails done! lol

Awesome news! Congrats! :dbanana:

Back