College Football Thread 2022

The local small college is playing Purdue next Saturday. They’re going to get killed by purdues back up players. I expect Purdue to be up by 50 at half and rest the starters the rest of the game.

LSU lost to FSU last night. I think that one of the reasons is that Kelly's southern accent may be too southern and he couldn't communicate with his team.

LSU lost to FSU last night. I think that one of the reasons is that Kelly's southern accent may be too southern and he couldn't communicate with his team.
Watched that game last night and was amazed how uninvolved Kelly looked. Didn't see him speak into his mike once. And he looked like he was checking out the crowd for hotties all night.

What I saw was the inexperience of the ND QB And Tommy Reese being way to conservative with the play calling.
I wouldn't blame Rees too much. Outside of Michael Mayer, he is probably a top 3 TE, ND lacks playmakers. I'm not sure about their Qb, Buchner. I can not for life of me figure why ND just can't land a top qb. Who was the last good college qb they had? Maybe Brady Quinn? Book was okay I guess but he was only going to get them so far.

Last edited:
I wouldn't blame Rees too much. Outside of Michael Mayer, he is probably a top 3 TE, ND lacks playmakers. I'm not sure about their Qb, Buchner. I can not for life of me figure why ND just can't land a top qb. Who was the last good college qb they had? Maybe Brady Quinn? Book was okay I guess but he was only going to get them so far.
Jimmy Clausen was a top recruit, he just didn't pan out.

Texas beating Bama 13-10 4th Q just starting with Texas on inside Bama 10.

Texas starting QB out for the game since st Q on a roughing call.

Make that 16 for Texas

ND's Sophomore WR Lorenzo Styles is a very Patriots'-style WR. Twitchy slot-type kid, big YAC guy...but he's 6'1". Don't know his measurable, but he seems quicker than fast.

Bama wins 20-19. Hell of a game.
Texas handed the game to Alabama. They could not have managed the clock more poorly on their last FG drive running out of bounds to stop the clock multiple times. This left Bama with too much time and they marched right down to win the game. It ended up not costing them but Texas called a pass play and was sacked. WHY???

Last edited:
Back