Collins traded to Cleveland for a 3rd round pick???

I know. He's quite worth reading...for a part time lurker :poke: :wink:

879334368-i-love-lurkers_large.jpg

Can't believe we traded away this guy. He was the cornerstone of our defense. Guess Belchick isn't always right.
he is always right. How are the Bills going to do against Seattle?

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

I'm confused... wait.. middie is......Brady?
To be honest, more Tony Eason, wears a skirt well and gets stuck on a topic until you finally give in.

he is always right. How are the Bills going to do against Seattle?

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

To be honest, more Tony Eason, wears a skirt well and gets stuck on a topic until you finally give in.

What about Miss Cleogerswedes and BS Police?

Rapoport is saying that the Patriots planned to make Collins a part time player as they were unhappy with his play against the run. Interestingly they were saying Collins was getting frustrated with the Patriots not valuing him and was clashing with coaches...

If that's the case then good riddance.

The Patriots' decision to trade Jamie Collins to the Browns was arguably the most shocking move of trade deadline week, but there were several reasons why New England decided to end its relationship with the All-Pro linebacker.

One of the Patriots' motivating factors rested in their plans to turn Collins into a part-time player since the team was frustrated with his lack of success against the run, multiple sources informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

Once the Patriots decided Collins wasn't part of the team's core defensive future, they viewed him as expendable. The Patriots ruled him out of possible franchise tag designation and the team feared he would cause issues within the locker room, Rapoport added.

These developments came after the team touched base with Collins' agent, Bus Cook, over the summer on a potential contract, according to Rapoport. Both sides were far apart in contract negotiations and talks were eventually shelved.

Collins grew increasingly frustrated with the team not valuing him and he was clashing with coaches, Rapoport reported. As a result, he was ready to move on and was relieved to be traded, Rapoport added.

"I'm not the type to pout about anything," Collins said about the trade Wednesday. "This is my new home. This is my focus. I'm ready."

It remains to be seen if the Browns will be able to sign the fourth-year vet to a long-term contract or if he'll test the free-agency waters this offseason.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...planned-to-make-jamie-collins-parttime-player

Good to see some things never change.

Witten took his teeth out, got off his Raskal, took off his poopy Depends, and torched Mr. Collins as bad as Owen Daniels did.

Good to see some things never change.

Witten took his teeth out, got off his Raskal, took off his poopy Depends, and torched Mr. Collins as bad as Owen Daniels did.

The thought that we would get a 3rd comp pick had we kept him is appearing to be a fairy tale. Good that Bill got for him what he did as he is going to tap out in Cleveland. I mean if he was unmotivated here, how about 0-9? Eeesh.

Interesting take by Rich Hill why Easley, Jones and Collins, all blue chip defensive players, are no longer Patriots - they weren't committed to the team. Good read.

This past draft cycle, Belichick sat with a former Green Beret and consultant to discuss the problems of finding players that are willing to buy into the Patriots system. Belichick loves dipping into the Rutgers and Alabama pool of talent because he knows they understand what it takes to fit into the Patriots machine.
But it’s the players that don’t buy in and don’t follow along that cause problems. Easley disregarded the team trainers and hid serious injuries which led to his release. Jones ran into the cops and was hospitalized after a bad reaction with synthetic marijuana, which allowed Sheard to jump him in the depth chart.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/11/6...d-trouble-finding-players-to-buy-in-belichick

More on Collins from Reiss via PatsPulpit

ESPN’s Mike Reiss published a couple interesting notes about the Patriots trading LB Jamie Collins in his must-read weekly column.
The first being that the Patriots quietly agree with what former executive Michael Lombardi has been blasting about Collins all over every medium you can think of. They thought Collins didn’t give his effort on every play and that he would “freelance” at times. Reiss notes that the Patriots probably didn’t ask Lombardi to go on a media tour, but the sentiments are shared.
The second note is that the Patriots wanted to receive immediate compensation for Collins because he wasn’t a part of the future- and if they waited until the end of the year, there was no guarantee the Patriots would get anything.
Remember that the Patriots only get a compensatory pick for a departing free agent if the Patriots don’t sign anyone else in return. By getting a draft pick now, the Patriots have acquired draft capital and can still go out and make a play for whatever free agent they wish to pay. This makes me wonder what free agents they have their eyes on- or if they just want to remain flexible.

But the biggest note from Reiss is about the Patriots trade partner.
“Director of player personnel Nick Caserio worked to create as much value as possible in a low-leverage situation,” Reiss writes. “NFL teams generally don’t want to trade halfway through the season and in this case, once the Patriots decided that dealing Collins was a case of addition by subtraction (which is key context), it was about getting the most value possible as they were moving on, regardless...there were other offers, but nothing better than Cleveland's.”
So while we all scratched our collective heads at the low level of compensation, apparently teams weren’t as interested in acquiring Collins as Patriots fans might have thought.
http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/11/6...ie-collins-but-still-traded-him-to-the-browns

Interesting take by Rich Hill why Easley, Jones and Collins, all blue chip defensive players, are no longer Patriots - they weren't committed to the team. Good read.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/11/6...d-trouble-finding-players-to-buy-in-belichick

Fascinating read Chevss. Thanks. I particularly liked this part:

Perhaps if Collins listened to Belichick and did his job against the run he’d still be with the team. Perhaps Easley would, too, if he followed the advice of the training staff. I think the Patriots make that Jones trade every single time, just due to the price tag.

But if Collins and Easley had bought in, we might be looking at a Patriots defensive front that inspired confidence and reflected the 3rd best points against ranking in the entire league.

Instead, Collins is Cleveland, Easley is in Los Angeles, and Jones is in Arizona. These three teams have a combined 6 wins in 2016. Belichick and the 7-win Patriots will continue towards the playoffs with players that have bought in to the system, for better or for worse.
:patriotlogo:

Wonder how much he enjoyed that beatdown yesterday?

Anyone catch the game and Collins' play specifically?

Back