Cris Carter calls Brady the GOAT compares to Jordan

Stopped watching them years ago. Amazingly, it was Golic that caused it, not Greeny. Some dumbass thing he said involving Spygate and a level playing field.
That's surprising, because I seem to remember Golic saying that he didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Maybe I'm getting old and forgetful.

:shrug_n:

Also, TB is to me, the GOAT, but I don't like hearing "he played with mediocre players". I wish they'd just say that unlike PM, Montana, Bradshaw, etc. "He hasn't played with HOF caliber players". Jules is not mediocre, neither was Givens, WW, Troy B, etc (I left off Moss & Gronk because they ARE actually HOF caliber).

Also, TB is to me, the GOAT, but I don't like hearing "he played with mediocre players". I wish they'd just say that unlike PM, Montana, Bradshaw, etc. "He hasn't played with HOF caliber players". Jules is not mediocre, neither was Givens, WW, Troy B, etc (I left off Moss & Gronk because they ARE actually HOF caliber).

ANOTHER REASON MEDIOCRE IS THE WRONG WORD:

Reche Caldwell, who, outside his dreams of glory, never got anywhere close to mediocre. :spock:

Cheers, BostonTim

I do think mediocre is harsh for some of the players. But the point stands when compared to Montana and Bradshaw who played with HoF for their entire careers. But what really puts Brady apart that Carter alluded too is he has done it over 15 years in the cap/FA era where the roster turns over every 3 years. His consistency is the most amazing part with so many moving parts.

i am breathless some mediot has validated brady:coffee:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rl_NpdAy3WY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ANOTHER REASON MEDIOCRE IS THE WRONG WORD:

Reche Caldwell, who, outside his dreams of glory, never got anywhere close to mediocre. :spock:
There's nothing like being clutch when it counts.

<video autoplay loop muted controls>
<source src="https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CY9SPjPUsAAp1N8.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>

I do think mediocre is harsh for some of the players. But the point stands when compared to Montana and Bradshaw who played with HoF for their entire careers. But what really puts Brady apart that Carter alluded too is he has done it over 15 years in the cap/FA era where the roster turns over every 3 years. His consistency is the most amazing part with so many moving parts.
No doubt about it. I mean, I can't even fathom giving up ice cream let alone eating how he eats. He's 100% committed in every way.

No doubt about it. I mean, I can't even fathom giving up ice cream let alone eating how he eats. He's 100% committed in every way.

Yes. His diet and competitive drive is second to none. The guy is just never satisfied.

There's nothing like being clutch when it counts.

<video autoplay loop muted controls>
<source src="https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CY9SPjPUsAAp1N8.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>

reche_caldwell_holy_shit_1_3.jpg

And the love keeps pouring in.

Rich Eisen ShowVerified account <S>@</S>RichEisenShow <SMALL class=time>4h4 hours ago </SMALL>
"I'm ready to crown him the best of all-time and everyone else is playing for second." -<S>@</S>kurt13warner on Tom Brady.

One more:

Earvin Magic JohnsonVerified account <S>@</S>MagicJohnson <SMALL class=time>Jan 16 </SMALL>
Cam Newton might win the MVP, but Tom Brady is the best QB and player in the NFL.

"READY TO"...does he have to face down Den one more time and get another SB?
Or "READY TO" as in , it is actually his current opinion.

One thing I doubt many can argue is that there will never be another HC-QB duo like them, as great, both sides, ever.

All these jokers crowning him now because their binky Peyton is so clearly not in the coversation. Any legit unbiased observer should have had Tom as top 2 a while ago but many in the media had him at 3-5 behind Montana and clowns like Peyton.

They say it now likely begrudgingly because it's simply ridiculous to cling to any other QB. If Brady wins a 5th literally all of them will agree. What do you imagine happens if Peyton won another ring? Guarantee all of a sudden he's back to the GOAT for these idiots.

All these jokers crowning him now because their binky Peyton is so clearly not in the coversation. Any legit unbiased observer should have had Tom as top 2 a while ago but many in the media had him at 3-5 behind Montana and clowns like Peyton.

They say it now likely begrudgingly because it's simply ridiculous to cling to any other QB. If Brady wins a 5th literally all of them will agree. What do you imagine happens if Peyton won another ring? Guarantee all of a sudden he's back to the GOAT for these idiots.

IF Peyton wins a second it will be on the strength of his D like it was for Dilfer when he was the worst rated passer. As you say, there is simply no argument left. The Tim Hasselbeck's the world can crow about how he has changed the game but his resume is a blip compared to Brady's. That 4th ring was really the bell ringer along with this MVP season he has put up at age 38 while ManninHGH has declined rapidly right before their eyes.

I've heard it too, Mazz but I still want to know how PM "changed the game"...I mean really? Duh he calls his own plays duhh...other QBs did that 40 years ago.

I've heard it too, Mazz but I still want to know how PM "changed the game"...I mean really? Duh he calls his own plays duhh...other QBs did that 40 years ago.

I thought he was instrumental in the hurry up but I could be wrong.
Peyton is the best regular season QB most definitely. Best ever nope.

~Dee~

Honestly, I think Tom is near him for regular season too. From 2007 on, Tom has been the best regular season QB or at least tied with Peyton, no?

Back