Cris Carter calls Brady the GOAT compares to Jordan

And the love keeps pouring in.

Rich Eisen ShowVerified account <S>@</S>RichEisenShow <SMALL class=time>4h4 hours ago </SMALL>
"I'm ready to crown him the best of all-time and everyone else is playing for second." -<S>@</S>kurt13warner on Tom Brady.

This one is particularly funny, because you know that Rich Eisen has been beating them down, and beating them down about it every day for 10 years. :coffee:

IF Peyton wins a second it will be on the strength of his D like it was for Dilfer when he was the worst rated passer. As you say, there is simply no argument left. The Tim Hasselbeck's the world can crow about how he has changed the game but his resume is a blip compared to Brady's. That 4th ring was really the bell ringer along with this MVP season he has put up at age 38 while ManninHGH has declined rapidly right before their eyes.

How has Peyton Manning changed the game?

Run 5 plays no-huddle from the Shotgun constantly? The Bills did that 25 years ago.

"Call his own plays" (which was more of a 2-minute playsheet), not only does every QB do that, but QBs have been calling their own plays since the beginning of football.

Audibled at the line? Again, same thing.

Thrown TDs from the 1 yard line?

Made going one-and-done in the playoffs ok?

I'm really curious. I think Brady is the best QB to ever lace 'em up, but it would be ridiculous to say "he changed the game".

Unless they're talking about literally "changing the game" as in changing the rules, that's Polian and Dungy, that's not Manning. :coffee:

How has Peyton Manning changed the game?

Run 5 plays no-huddle from the Shotgun constantly? The Bills did that 25 years ago.

"Call his own plays" (which was more of a 2-minute playsheet), not only does every QB do that, but QBs have been calling their own plays since the beginning of football.

Audibled at the line? Again, same thing.

Thrown TDs from the 1 yard line?

Made going one-and-done in the playoffs ok?

I'm really curious. I think Brady is the best QB to ever lace 'em up, but it would be ridiculous to say "he changed the game".

Unless they're talking about literally "changing the game" as in changing the rules, that's Polian and Dungy, that's not Manning. :coffee:

I agree Tommy. I have never understood that notion and have yet to have anyone explain exactly how he has changed the game. I would give more credit to Jim Kelly for the hurry up that we see today than any other QB. And I think Brady is just as good a field general as Peyton but as you say that is not changing the game.

One other thing that I have always found curious too. What other teams/Qbs have run his Indy offense? I have never seen it copied and the year he went down injured, it was not used with the back up QBs. To really have changed the game, doesn't someone have to actually attempt to do what you are doing?

I agree Tommy. I have never understood that notion and have yet to have anyone explain exactly how he has changed the game. I would give more credit to Jim Kelly for the hurry up that we see today than any other QB. And I think Brady is just as good a field general as Peyton but as you say that is not changing the game.

To be completely fair, the modern-day hurry-up offense was Sam Wyche and Boomer Esiason with those late 80's Bengals. It gets forgotten today, but that was really a brand new thing back then. What the Bills did, was incorporate that with the Mouse Davis (Moon, Oilers) run n' shoot offense, and made the K-Gun, which was virtually their entire offense, and they did it really well.

One other thing that I have always found curious too. What other teams/Qbs have run his Indy offense? I have never seen it copied and the year he went down injured, it was not used with the back up QBs. To really have changed the game, doesn't someone have to actually attempt to do what you are doing?

It's interesting, because Tom Moore was 9000 years old, so it's entirely possible that when Manning went to Denver, the offense dies with him. In other words, there's no real coaching tree to pass it on.

That said, your point's a valid one. You can't tell me Russell Wilson or Cam Newton or Blake Bortles couldn't do the same thing. It's seriously less than a dozen plays. :coffee:

Tom has always had a better regular season winning percentage.

By an Insane Margin.

From my Stats are for Losers calculator, for example, if both players, starting today. were to play one more full 16 game season and if Peyton went 16-0 and Tom went 0-16, then Tom's career regular winning percentage would be .720 while Peyton's would be .719. In the manner that we view baseball stats, you might say peyton is 32 games shy of almost catching up to Tom. :spock:

Go to overall career winning percentage (reg. season + P/O) it gets even more preposterous.

Cheers, BostonTim

Plus since 2007 Brady has set plenty of regular season records and has been #1 in a bunch of passing categories. Plus the MVPs.

It's fair to say that as soon as the Pats offense transitioned to a more pass-centric style, the gap between Tom and Peyton's output narrowed considerably. And, as mentioned, Brady has the wins.

manning-face.jpg

Plus since 2007 Brady has set plenty of regular season records and has been #1 in a bunch of passing categories. Plus the MVPs.

...and there are the playoff passing records...

I believe the only one ManniHGH holds is pick 6s.

...and there are the playoff passing records...

I believe the only one ManniHGH holds is pick 6s.

While technically not a passing record, Manning also has the most "one and dones" in the playoffs.

While technically not a passing record, Manning also has the most "one and dones" in the playoffs.

Two plays define Manning in the post-season. Last year vs the Colts when he had 15 yards of field in front of him to pick up a third and 5 and instead threw it to a receiver out of bounds and last week when he did his fake slide with no one around him. The guy has the smallest sack of any QB to ever play this game. Elway must throw up in his mouth just a little every time he sees him turtle.

I swear that Manning's* forehead gets bigger every time I see it on TV! One of these days he's gonna explode! :manning: blowup

Even Bill "my tears are still salty" Polian is getting into the act:

“They’re two great quarterbacks and as far as I’m concerned you can leave it at that,” Polian said. “Brady has more Super Bowls, so that puts him on top. I can accept that. But they’re the two best of their generation. Period. End of story.”

You just know the bolded part made him throw up in his mouth a little. One could say that Brady got Polian fired from Indy as the pill popper wanted more rings not Star Wars numbers ...

Watched Inside the NFL last night and Ed Reed did not hesitate in saying TB>PM. His main point was TB's precision in passing and his pocket presence is so great, and the way he can run the offense so fast. Reed also objected to idiotSimms saying "PM changed the game"...which was nice to hear. He said Peyton just does the things people have always been doing in football. That he just carries out his fakes very well, he's very fundamentally sound, they really look like runs.

ANNNNNDDDD....Reed's son is a Pats fan. LOL

Also Brandon Marshall called TB the GOAT. Pretty sure that's a fireable offense for a NYJ player. LOL

I looked on NFL.com and searched online a little to see if I could find a video of it but I can't.

Back