Dear Chiefs fans - welcome

Wan't it widely known that the Eagles weren't interested in keeping Maclin anyway?
I think tampering as an offense is stupid. A guy has a contract, he ain't leaving it to go play for your team until he's cut or it expires.

As muchas BB hates all the league BS and I back him 100% I'd love it if the Pats got someone on the CC and a former Pats official in the league office somehow. I'm sick of the incredibly uneven and inconsistent punishments they dole out for EVERYTHING.

Wan't it widely known that the Eagles weren't interested in keeping Maclin anyway?
I think tampering as an offense is stupid. A guy has a contract, he ain't leaving it to go play for your team until he's cut or it expires.

You're missing the point, it's really quite simple-

KC came real close to knocking Denver off last year in the division. As it stands right now, they look to be in a position to take over the AFC West. We can't have that, they're not a traditional power in that division.

Back around the start of the playoffs, O.Z.O. Jr and I were watching NFL Network. The guy on there that looks like Dennis Farina was talking, and this actually came out of his mouth "...the NFL is the Pittsburgh Steelers. It's the Dallas Cowboys. It's the san Francisco 49ers. It's the Oakland raiders, the Denver Broncos, the Green Bay Packers..." THIS is a huge part of the problem as I see it. You have a bunch of executives in the league office who are in the 45-60 age demographic. These are the teams they grew up with dominating the league. Pittsburgh, and to a degree, Denver are the only teams that have somewhat maintained those levels. They don't want to let go of that. Funny thing is, in 15-20 years they'll all be replaced by guys that grew up watching the Pats and the Bitch Pigeons own the league. You like to think that shit like this isn't the case...but seriously, when you see the kind of shit that goes on it kind of makes sense.

Yeah, I immediately thought of the Jets' $100,000 fine for the same offense. It pays to have former Jets guys in the front office, eh?

I have to agree that the Chiefs will get their fines cut and maybe a draft pick returned. They aren't the Pats, after all, so the league will make nice with them in the end.

I've never seen such hatred by a league's front office for their championship-caliber team like the Pats. When the Yankees were on top for decades, fans hated them, but did the front office of MLB go after them and try to bring them down? I know Steinbrenner was banned for an offense but he was guilty! Does the NHL go after their top teams? Does the NBA? Are they as blatantly biased as the NFL?

OTOH, if the Chiefs don't get much back on appeal, well, that's the power of the Commish! He can levy a $100,000 fine on one team and $350,000 on another with forfeited draft picks for the same offense. No consistency, just what Roger feels like doing that day he pronounces sentence or what owner(s) whisper in his ear. Get used to it, NFL.

I've never seen such hatred by a league's front office for their championship-caliber team like the Pats. When the Yankees were on top for decades, fans hated them, but did the front office of MLB go after them and try to bring them down? I know Steinbrenner was banned for an offense but he was guilty! Does the NHL go after their top teams? Does the NBA? Are they as blatantly biased as the NFL?

All we ever heard about the Yankees was how baseball was better when the Yankees are good. Actually heard the same thing about the NFL and the Cowboys a couple years ago...and if that's the case then the NFL has sucked for a long time.

It's funny how all that works. The Lakers have been in the toilet for a few years now, but the NBA is the strongest it's been since Jordan retired. Couldn't tell you much about the NHL, only really watch the playoffs. But no, you have a point, the other major sports leagues seem to bend over backwards to accommodate their true contenders. The NFL seems to want the Steelers, the Cowboys, the 49ers and the Packers to be their contenders. They also seem to want QBs drafted at #1 overall to have great careers and win multiple championships. It is so transparent that it's actually sickening.

Didn't everybody and their grandmother know Ndamakong Suh was going to the Dolphins well before the window to contact soon-to-be free agents opened ?

And didn't he sign a multiyear, multimillion dollar deal mere minutes into that free agency period ?

Did the league think they really threw that thing together in a couple of minutes, from first contact to agreement in principle in that short a time frame ?

Or... are the Dolphins that irrelevant that it doesn't matter if they cheat. The league just looks the other way ?

Didn't everybody and their grandmother know Ndamakong Suh was going to the Dolphins well before the window to contact soon-to-be free agents opened ?

And didn't he sign a multiyear, multimillion dollar deal mere minutes into that free agency period ?

Did the league think they really threw that thing together in a couple of minutes, from first contact to agreement in principle in that short a time frame ?

Or... are the Dolphins that irrelevant that it doesn't matter if they cheat. The league just looks the other way ?
My foolish opinion....

Andy Reid and the Patriots were working on a deal to move this years 1st round selected player to the patriots in the second round for a number of picks. the league is witch-hunting and punishing the man who trades with BB every year.

F Goodell

#Integrityisonlyaword

My foolish opinion....

Andy Reid and the Patriots were working on a deal to move this years 1st round selected player to the patriots in the second round for a number of picks. the league is witch-hunting and punishing the man who trades with BB every year.

F Goodell

#Integrityisonlyaword

If this turns out to be true I have definitely watched my last NFL game.

My foolish opinion....
F Goodell
#Integrityisonlyaword

Yeah, I started wondering what KC must'a done to get a Patriots level punishment.

I see that BSPN wasted no time in taking the headline for this story down. Seriously, has the league decided to not even make an attempt at transparency anymore?

Probably went against Roger's wishes about Kroenke's LA project.

You give Roger far too much credit. The next original thought he has will be his first.

Actually, the most likely ring leader for the off the wall punishment spree is Jerry Jones, IMO. He's never been the biggest "for the good of the league" player. After he got slapped down for violating the "no cap, but still a cap" agreement the owners had during the uncapped year, it wouldn't surprise me if he's now using whatever influence he has to stick it to those who went hardest against him over the years. Kraft and Hunt both strike me as the furthest towards the "all for one, one for all" end of the spectrum, with Jerrah at the other end.

You give Roger far too much credit. The next original thought he has will be his first.

Actually, the most likely ring leader for the off the wall punishment spree is Jerry Jones, IMO. He's never been the biggest "for the good of the league" player. After he got slapped down for violating the "no cap, but still a cap" agreement the owners had during the uncapped year, it wouldn't surprise me if he's now using whatever influence he has to stick it to those who went hardest against him over the years. Kraft and Hunt both strike me as the furthest towards the "all for one, one for all" end of the spectrum, with Jerrah at the other end.

Jerrah's just pissed that his elite QB can't win a Super Bowl...

My foolish opinion....

F Goodell

#Integrityisonlyaword

This made me laugh so thanks for that!

After thinking about it, you may well be right!

So, is that why the Falcons and the Browns also got busted? The Browns traded with the Pats...and the Falcons have ex Pats staff. :coffee:

Better watch out Lions, Titans and Bucs...

The real shame of all this is every time Sauron sticks it to one franchise the fans of the rest point and laugh, even those of use who have been in the dungeon before.

We need to unite to fight the injustice, not revel in the unfair punishments of others.

Another example of Andy Reid mismanaging the clock..

I stole this from Chiefs Planet but it's pretty funny..

ROFL

The real shame of all this is every time Sauron sticks it to one franchise the fans of the rest point and laugh, even those of use who have been in the dungeon before.

We need to unite to fight the injustice, not revel in the unfair punishments of others.

The thing that makes me laugh is thinking about how all the owners get all cocky about how it won't be them and back the NFL publicly and call out other franchises. I go wayyyyyyyy back in calling out the NFL for all its unjust punishments (this topic included), the Saints, Incognito, etc. Wrong is wrong, right is right.

Back