Debating NY's SB Bid

NY? Why not.

I guess the NFL's concern would be people with tickets being able to get to the destination more than the weather on gameday. With weather forecasting so good these days even looking 10 days out, I don't really see a problem with "getting there" except for the small minority who planned to go the day before. Most would make it a 5-7 day vacation and could plan going well in advance. If the Pats played in NJ in the SB, I would be praying for snow!

PAHTY at midgar's!!!!!!

Yeah I drive by that big flying saucer of a stadium every day on the way home from work. Its in Arlington actually right by the Baseball stadium and Six Flags.

Kraft wants it in NY. Angling towards the SB in Foxboro, maybe?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/#top

Influential Patriots owner Robert Kraft, who could be angling for a future open-air Super Bowl of his own, is on the bandwagon. "I'm a big supporter of having the Super Bowl in New York,'' Kraft said. "It doesn't matter what the weather is. It's a great place. It's a great boost for the city. It's a reward to the people and fans in New York.''

As a result, Jets owner Woody Johnson, who has caught a raging case of bravado from coach Rex Ryan, was less cautious than his Giants counterpart.

"We think we've got a good shot,'' Johnson said. "We've got a great stadium, we've got the greatest city in the world, and we've got a great plan. We think we can get this thing done.''

On Thursday, we'll find out whether the Giants and the Jets will be able to mimic Ryan in a different way -- by giving the finger both to Miami and to Tampa.

NY? Why not.

I guess the NFL's concern would be people with tickets being able to get to the destination more than the weather on gameday. With weather forecasting so good these days even looking 10 days out, I don't really see a problem with "getting there" except for the small minority who planned to go the day before. Most would make it a 5-7 day vacation and could plan going well in advance. If the Pats played in NJ in the SB, I would be praying for snow!

Blizzards, we have them and shit

Last year

VERY near Superbowl week

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_North_American_blizzard_of_2010

and then a few days later
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_North_American_Blizzard_of_2010

I hope to christ we get an EPIC blizzard Saturday into and through Superbowl Sunday when its in New York so all of you OH TEH WEATHER WOULD MAKE IT AWESEOM realize what havoc it will create.

Yeah I drive by that big flying saucer of a stadium every day on the way home from work. Its in Arlington actually right by the Baseball stadium and Six Flags.

How do you get to work?

Blizzards, we have them and shit

Last year

VERY near Superbowl week

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_North_American_blizzard_of_2010

and then a few days later
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_North_American_Blizzard_of_2010

I hope to christ we get an EPIC blizzard Saturday into and through Superbowl Sunday when its in New York so all of you OH TEH WEATHER WOULD MAKE IT AWESEOM realize what havoc it will create.

Originally Posted by chevss454

I'm all for cold weather games....including the SB.

I also think Qwest field would make a good SB venue.

The other idea is that the SB Winners should host the game either the next year or the year after that

More so than sitting in the cold, if you have it in a cold weather city like a NY or a Philly or a Boston or even (based on last winter's wrath) a Baltimore, you're in prime Noreaster season and run the risk of airport closures and the possibility that the event doesn't even occur on that day. Too big a risk for such a cash cow.
But they have already set a precedent of playing the game in cold weather cities with domes. Is Detroit's airport less likely to be closed by blizzard than NY?

I still am yet to hear an argument against making New Orleans the permanent home of the Super Bowl.

The NFL has a pretty lucrative scam going. Getting cities and states to build expensive ostentatious facilities with taxpayer money. In exchange for a promise of a future SB, where the pols who pushed it through will be the only ones getting the tickets.

I'd like to see a Super Bowl in Hawaii; but I don't know if Aloha Stadium could be expanded to handle it. It would be nice to see the game take place in daylight for a change. With the difference in time zones, they could keep the 6:30 PM Eastern Time start, and it would be played in the sunshine.

I think the SB should be in Pasadena at the Rose Bowl every year. No chance a team wins and gets to play a SB in their hometown and the weather is a lock to be nice.

Back