Did Bill "tank" the Eagles game?

spacecrime

Reaction score
Did tanking the Denver game not produce the desired locker room result? Are players still tight? Did Bill tank the Eagles game as well as the Broncos game in a desperate, last-ditch attempt to get the team back on the winning mindset they had lost by going 10-0?

How else to explain the end of the Eagles-game half? It was even stranger than the end of the Denver-game half, assuming the Bill was trying to win. I mean, run the ball to run out the clock a couple times? Sure, if you're trying to close out the half and get to the locker room?

But then, when you've milked almost all the time off the clock, it's third down and you're too far for a hail mary, and there are 15 seconds left, why throw a pass that won't get you close to field goal range?

All that does is guarantee you have to punt the ball.

No, the only explanation is that Bill was trying to tank the game. I wonder how many more games he will tank to loosen up the locker room that must have been in horrible shape at 10-0.

Maybe it will be loose enough at 10-5 and he can flip the switch against the Dolphins in week 17. That will give the players hats and t-shirts and fire them up for that all-important game in the Wild Card round.

In Bill we trust.

No

Did tanking the Denver game not produce the desired locker room result? Are players still tight? Did Bill tank the Eagles game as well as the Broncos game in a desperate, last-ditch attempt to get the team back on the winning mindset they had lost by going 10-0?

How else to explain the end of the Eagles-game half? It was even stranger than the end of the Denver-game half, assuming the Bill was trying to win. I mean, run the ball to run out the clock a couple times? Sure, if you're trying to close out the half and get to the locker room?

But then, when you've milked almost all the time off the clock, it's third down and you're too far for a hail mary, and there are 15 seconds left, why throw a pass that won't get you close to field goal range?

No, the only explanation is that Bill was trying to tank the game. I wonder how many more games he will tank to loosen up the locker room that must have been in horrible shape at 10-0.

Maybe it will be loose enough at 10-5 and he can flip the switch against the Dolphins in week 17. That will give the players hats and t-shirts and fire them up for that all-important game in the Wild Card round.

In Bill we trust.

No

Pretty sure Bill hates losing more than you.

You've mistaken using a loss to focus a team for being prepared to tank a game.

The Eagles are now tied with the Giants. BB is just sacrificing a game to keep them out of the SB. :coffee:

You may be right
I may be crazy
But it just may be a lunatic you're looking for
Turn out the light
Don't try to save me
You may be wrong for all I know
But you may be right

:coffee:

Talk about going off the deep end....

In Bill we trust.

No

Oh, snap.

Back