Divisional Round - Chiefs at Patriots 1/16 4:35pm (CBS)

Your won 11 straight game after starting 1-5. That one hell of a turn around . Thanks to your defense . What is there not to like .

The 27th ranked offense. Which has been conveniently drug to 11 wins by our admittedly awesome defense.

We can't play the poor sisters of the NFL every week. This is the first game since we were 1-5 where the opponent is an actual legitimate playoff team with an upper echelon QB.

We are absolutely screwed. No doubt in my mind.

Reiss is thinking a lot of good stuff in private that he can't say in public. When a good quote like that one from Scar comes his way, he jumps at the opportunity to give Pats fans something to cling to. Reason for optimism abounds.

Hmmmmm.,, so why is Scar in the know of the upcoming game plan???

One quick stop over for a cup of coffee?

Because there's no way Alex Smith is ever taking this team anywhere meaningful.

Divisional round of the playoffs is no joke, especially after winning a Wild Card game on the road in a year where nobody picked you to make it into the playoffs.

This retread, checkdown, game manager running a bottom 1/3 offense bullshit never wins championships and never will. I tired of it years ago.

Defense wins championships and so does having a good special teams unit. See Patriots, New England 2001

Yeah, a fairweather fan who attended the 2010 playoff game in person (despite the fact that I ****ing hate Matt Cassel) and has watched every ****ing game since I got the ticket in 2005. Sure.

No, I just don't agree with the direction of the franchise. It was doomed before it started this season and will always be as long as they try to keep doing dumb things like trading for game managers.

The Chefs beat the shit out of the Pats last year, so, anything could happen. Their defense is legit.

Divisional round of the playoffs is no joke, especially after winning a Wild Card game on the road in a year where nobody picked you to make it into the playoffs.

Beating Brian Hoyer is a joke. It is.

That will be the crowning achievement of Andy Reid and Alex Smith in KC.

A joke.

I've seen Alex in this situation too many times over the last three years. He has failed every ****ing time. He is not a championship QB and never will be.

The fantasy ends in Foxboro.

Of all the playoff wins we've had over the past 15 years, I have not taken 1 for granted like you are taking yours.

Beating Brian Hoyer is a joke. It is.

That will be the crowning achievement of Andy Reid and Alex Smith in KC.

A joke.

I've seen Alex in this situation too many times over the last three years. He has failed every ****ing time. He is not a championship QB and never will be.

The fantasy ends in Foxboro.

Yeah, whatever the question is...Alex Smith isn't the answer. He isn't the worst qb...but, his ceiling is low.

Yeah, whatever the question is...Alex Smith isn't the answer. He isn't the worst qb...but, his ceiling is low.

Yep. This is the problem the franchise has been dealing with for years now.

I'll admit he might win a SB with the Chiefs this year, but only if our defense knocks Brady, Manning and Cam out on the first series of every game.

Of all the playoff wins we've had over the past 15 years, I have not taken 1 for granted like you are taking yours.

Sorry but it's just another win over a terrible QB. It's what this franchise has done for the majority of their wins over the last three seasons.

And it has become insanely boring to me. The winning streak was a big yawn. Tyrod Taylor? Johnny Manziel? JIMMY CLAUSEN? ZZZZZZZZZZZ wake me when we face a real QB leading a team that isn't a dumpster fire.

I will not believe in this team or QB until they actually beat a legitimate playoff contender.

Sorry but it's just another win over a terrible QB. It's what this franchise has done for the majority of their wins over the last three seasons.

And it has become insanely boring to me. The winning streak was a big yawn. Tyrod Taylor? Johnny Manziel? JIMMY CLAUSEN? ZZZZZZZZZZZ wake me when we face a real QB leading a team that isn't a dumpster fire.

I will not believe in this team or QB until they actually beat a legitimate playoff contender.

I already outlined my concerns about this game and provided reasons.

I fully expect the Patriots win, however there are some factors that may be in KC favor. I agree having an excellent QB is huge, and Alex Smith isn't that. Sometimes a better than average QB that takes care of the football and doesn't turn it over is sufficient, especially when the rest of the team is good at creating turnovers.

You should be on to New England, not looking behind

Sometimes a better than average QB that takes care of the football and doesn't turn it over is sufficient

"Sufficient"

A word that has never been used to describe Tom Brady.

I don't want "sufficient." I want a guy who isn't lucky to throw 20 TDs in a season.

It's not only accurate, I invented it. I invented it for Matt Cassel several years ago, to expose him as the terrible QB he is.

So I just applied the same logic to Alex when he arrived.

He wasn't always terrible.

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

Oh, I dunno, I took the Houston win for granted too.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/1/11...-vs-chiefs-craig-wrolstad-assigned-as-referee

On Saturday, the New England Patriots will host the Kansas City Chiefs, as New England tries to advance to its fifth straight AFC Championship Game. While we do not yet know who will eventually be active and on the field for both teams, we now know who will watch those who face off this weekend.
According to Mike Reiss, Craig Wrolstead has been assigned as referee for the Patriots' first playoff game:

Craig Wrolstad has been assigned as referee for Patriots-Chiefs divisional-round game. In NFL since 2003. Promoted to referee in 2014.
Wrolstad has entered the NFL officiating stage in 2003 as a field judge. He worked 10 seasons in that position but prior to the 2014 season was promoted to referee. As referee, Wrolstad has worked 25 games so far calling 13.96 penalties per average game (6.52 on the home team, 7.44 on the visitors). Patriots vs Chiefs will be his first playoff game as a referee.

Even though he was part of nine New England games during his time as field judge, Wrolstad has never called a Patriots game as referee.

The complete officiating crew for Saturday's game looks as follows:

Referee: Craig Wrolstad (4)
Umpire: Roy Ellison (81)
Head Linesman: Phil McKinnely (110)
Line Judge: Rusty Baynes (59)
Field Judge: Boris Cheek (41)
Side Judge: Gary Cavaletto (60)
Back Judge: Shawn Hochuli (83)
Replay Official: Mike Wimmer
Replay Assistant: Greg Shields
Supervisor: Gary Slaughter

http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/1/11...-vs-chiefs-craig-wrolstad-assigned-as-referee

On Saturday, the New England Patriots will host the Kansas City Chiefs, as New England tries to advance to its fifth straight AFC Championship Game. While we do not yet know who will eventually be active and on the field for both teams, we now know who will watch those who face off this weekend.
According to Mike Reiss, Craig Wrolstead has been assigned as referee for the Patriots' first playoff game:

Craig Wrolstad has been assigned as referee for Patriots-Chiefs divisional-round game. In NFL since 2003. Promoted to referee in 2014.
Wrolstad has entered the NFL officiating stage in 2003 as a field judge. He worked 10 seasons in that position but prior to the 2014 season was promoted to referee. As referee, Wrolstad has worked 25 games so far calling 13.96 penalties per average game (6.52 on the home team, 7.44 on the visitors). Patriots vs Chiefs will be his first playoff game as a referee.

Even though he was part of nine New England games during his time as field judge, Wrolstad has never called a Patriots game as referee.

The complete officiating crew for Saturday's game looks as follows:

Referee: Craig Wrolstad (4)
Umpire: Roy Ellison (81)
Head Linesman: Phil McKinnely (110)
Line Judge: Rusty Baynes (59)
Field Judge: Boris Cheek (41)
Side Judge: Gary Cavaletto (60)
Back Judge: Shawn Hochuli (83)
Replay Official: Mike Wimmer
Replay Assistant: Greg Shields
Supervisor: Gary Slaughter

Everyone's gotta have a first time some time. Considering he's slightly shaded to the home team (although the crews are different in the playoffs, which is the DUMBEST thing the NFL does, in my opinion), I'm not concerned really.

Back