Divisional Round - Chiefs at Patriots 1/16 4:35pm (CBS)

Scheme-wise, the Patriots didn't try to do much during the last month of the season. I'd assume that was to avoid putting a lot of more recent film out there of some of the things they like to do. Especially while they were short-handed.

If Edelman is back and close to 100%, then they will put up at least 28 points on KC. And I don't think KC will put up 28 to match.

David J. Chao, MD ‏<s>@</s>ProFootballDoc <small class="time">https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/686322670221131777 </small> Full 100% healing takes 3-6 month.

Expect <s>@</s>Edelman11 to be 90% for playoffs.

It's going to be a freezing rain/ snow game . According to weather report on my phone. Now that Maclin dealing with a high ankle sprain. There going to have to watch out for the dump passes to West.

You will need to stop the run with a LB off the field. The Chiefs are going to spread your defense out for sure with a lot of 3 WR sets.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

The thing is, you can stop the Chiefs offense and still lose. I mean, most teams did this year. We were 27th.

We won with defense. You need to worry about YOUR offense.

Don't turn it over. It will be your doom.

The offensive ranking you're referencing is a bit misleading. The Chiefs had the 6th best run game and were 9th in scoring in total offense for the 2015 regular season. The 27th ranking is in yardage, which penalizes teams that force a lot of turnovers and short fields. The Chiefs were #5 in the league at forcing turnovers and 2nd in the league in differential. I'm not saying the offense is lights out, but they are certainly effective.

Pats have a sneaky good defense and with healthy skill players Brady can be deadly. Should be a great game.

The offensive ranking you're referencing is a bit misleading. The Chiefs had the 6th best run game and were 9th in scoring in total offense for the 2015 regular season. The 27th ranking is in yardage, which penalizes teams that force a lot of turnovers and short fields. The Chiefs were #5 in the league at forcing turnovers and 2nd in the league in differential. I'm not saying the offense is lights out, but they are certainly effective.

Pats have a sneaky good defense and with healthy skill players Brady can be deadly. Should be a great game.

:Lwelcome:

David J. Chao, MD ‏<s>@</s>ProFootballDoc <small class="time">https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/686322670221131777 </small> Full 100% healing takes 3-6 month.

Expect <s>@</s>Edelman11 to be 90% for playoffs.

Whereas it's a bone I guess it all depends, then, on how much stress it can take without re-breaking. I've broken 7 different bones throughout my life and know that some have healed faster than others. I also wonder if the screw they put there will stay in until after the season. My guess is that it will.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

KC can move the ball. They won't benefit from 5 turnovers again, but I think the Chiefs' offense is underrated, not unlike the Pats' defense.

For me, this game will come down to two things:

1. Can the OL protect Brady long enough to work the middle of the field, and...

2. Which team will avoid making that big mistake... fumble, INT, special teams gaffe, etc...

It be I think 9 weeks since Edelman last played in a game. Hopefully he can knock off the rust. They can go back to using gronk attacking the middle with his bread & butter route the seam pass. I noticed they been using him more on the outside the last few games.

To the untrained eye, Edelman looks ready for the game

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Video: WR Julian Edelman cuts and accelerates after making his way through a ball-security drill at practice. <a href="https://t.co/R2QA1LYvmT">pic.twitter.com/R2QA1LYvmT</a></p>— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/686614787854352384">January 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here's another Edelman clip.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Edelman looking quick <a href="https://t.co/dzhc4bDhQW">pic.twitter.com/dzhc4bDhQW</a></p>— Jeff Howe (@jeffphowe) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/686613189518213120">January 11, 2016</a></blockquote>

To the untrained eye, Edelman looks ready for the game

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Video: WR Julian Edelman cuts and accelerates after making his way through a ball-security drill at practice. <a href="https://t.co/R2QA1LYvmT">pic.twitter.com/R2QA1LYvmT</a></p>— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/686614787854352384">January 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
I just got serious wood.

Welcome and thanks for clarifying that 27th ranking. Makes sense to me.

The Brady factor looms large, but other than that the Chiefs are probably more like the Pats in terms of overall team intelligence, makeup, execution, detail and discipline than any other team in the league. I can't prove that, but watching them is sort of eerie. They go to work and don't engage in much nonsense. Smith plays like Brady did early in his career when he was still figuring things out. Good clock management and managed risk. I have a lot of respect for KC and think they are the worst AFC matchup we could've ended up with.

I have always liked the Chiefs dating back to the Hank Stram days and can still name most of the starters from that SB winning team. One of the very best teams in NFL history. I'll be hating them on Saturday, though.

We have met the enemy and he is us.

Welcome and thanks for clarifying that 27th ranking. Makes sense to me.

The Brady factor looms large, but other than that the Chiefs are probably more like the Pats in terms of overall team intelligence, makeup, execution, detail and discipline than any other team in the league. I can't prove that, but watching them is sort of eerie. They go to work and don't engage in much nonsense. Smith plays like Brady did early in his career when he was still figuring things out. Good clock management and managed risk. I have a lot of respect for KC and think they are the worst AFC matchup we could've ended up with.

I have always liked the Chiefs dating back to the Hank Stram days and can still name most of the starters from that SB winning team. One of the very best teams in NFL history. I'll be hating them on Saturday, though.

We have met the enemy and he is us.

No.

That would be the anointing of Pey-Pey in his last big standoff and his partners the stripes with Blandino et al in the ear at home vs the hated Pats.

Would have to play a perfect game to overcome that.

But, at least we got to see the creative side of BB tasking Ebner instead of stomping Eagle dick down 14.

Giardi's reporting he can do 10 better than that.

Dr. Lester Munson Chao aside, of course. :coffee:

Maybe Edelmans fracture was very minor. We will never know the truth because Bill Belichick would never allow full details of the fracture. That video that I just saw him making that cut tells me he's ready to play this weekend at 100%.

Back