Divisional Round Games

There is no denying the greatness displayed by Mahomes and Allen in that game, particularly late. But, if I'm a fan of either team, I don't know how you could have watched that game and not.had some queasy feelings about your team's defense. They were both pathetic.

It;s why I think the Rams are just better set up to win the whole thing. The pass rush of LA is just lethal and they just get all over the QB. And then of offence, the Rams have a lot of weapons themselves.

It;s why I think the Rams are just better set up to win the whole thing. The pass rush of LA is just lethal and they just get all over the QB. And then of offence, the Rams have a lot of weapons themselves.
that could be an interesting match up. Bet it wouldn't be a 13 - 3 score!
I'm hoping the Bengals win and we don't have to find out!
clearly KC's D can be scored on, so we'd be left with hoping Stafford doesn't screw it up.

My quick takeaways from the divisional round...

The Titans should be looking for a new quarterback post-haste.

A great run game and an above average defense without an elite quarterback can not be a serious Super Bowl contender in today's NFL.

Aaron Rodgers at this point can never be mentioned again in the GOAT conversation.

Another great comeback by Brady wasted by an incredibly dumb defensive call. WTF was Bowles thinking? And does the headset on that dummy Arians even work? Clown probably has driven Brady into retirement.

I can't imagine the anguish of being a Bills' fan. Forget all of the team's past failures of which there are many. They had the lead with 13 seconds left and they lost the frigging game. That's the biggest disaster of all. Completely wasted a ridiculously incredible performance by Josh Allen. All that said, I don't see the Patriots being able to take the division back from the Bills anytime soon. Allen's that exceptional and the rest of the team is solid enough.

not sure if someone posted this, but apparently my suggestion of just mugging them was addressed after Ravens did something blatant

"
ARTICLE 3. INTENTIONAL FOULS TO MANIPULATE GAME CLOCK

A team may not commit multiple fouls during the same down in an attempt to manipulate the game clock.

Penalty: For multiple fouls to run off time from the game clock: Loss of 15 yards, and the game clock will be reset to where it was at the snap. After the penalty is enforced, the game clock will start on the next snap."

they were talking about this on Felger and Mazz.... the thought was is don't be too blatant (tackle them) but rough them up really good (like they should have anyway)
What the Ravens did was blatantly intentional AND it was on offense, which is what the rule is designed for. Defensive fouls are already addressed by the untimed down. That's basically what this rule is.

Their secondary is crap outside of Ramsey. I would target that Williams kid 50 times. He wants no part of tackling or covering.

Also, the OT rule won't be changed because the Patriots didn't win.

There is no denying the greatness displayed by Mahomes and Allen in that game, particularly late. But, if I'm a fan of either team, I don't know how you could have watched that game and not.had some queasy feelings about your team's defense. They were both pathetic.
I mean, it's not that hard to throw against air, which is pretty much what they were both doing.

Leave. Overtime. Alone.

If you want the ball in overtime play some defense and stop the other team from scoring a TD.
I generally agree with this. Then again, in a league so slanted towards one side of the game (offense), it's easy to understand why many disagree.

After this weekend there is no question that the NFL is the number one sport in America.
What a batch of good games.

The 49ers already beat the Rams twice this year. 1 win was only 2 weeks ago. JimmyG threw 2 ints. and SF still won.

Clueless girl is still clueless

hqdefault.jpg

View: https://twitter.com/brittanylynne8/status/1485814409846996992

She sprays champagne all over people below her, including children, in cold weather and doesn't understand why people would be upset.

crop

The 49ers already beat the Rams twice this year. 1 win was only 2 weeks ago. JimmyG threw 2 ints. and SF still won.

I know, but I think in SoFi in this NFCCG, the Rams will edge it. They have a little bit more on offense. It will be close though, the 49ers are an extremely well-balanced team. But Jimmy's throwing hand is not right and he is making more gaffes than usual.

I have given this almost 5 minutes of thought. Because the players are tired after playing a full game, play an 8 minute OT period. Both teams should be able to get the ball during that time. Even if the team who wins the cion toss gets a FG, they can still win if the other team does not score.

Back