Do any of you guys miss Pioli or Cassel at all?

Pioli and Cassel - do you miss them at all?

• Yes oh yes. Pioli is the great mastermind that made the Pats machine run.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Yes, I think Cassel was an awesome backup and I wish we didn't lose him.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Meh. Pioli just took credit for the hard work of others.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Meh. Cassel is a pretty mediocre QB that just took advantage of having a great team around him.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • No way Jose. Scott Pioli can fall from an aids tree and die in a fire.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Nope. Matt Cassel should go drink a gallon of anti-freeze.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Neither one can compare to some random dude off the street named GAZ.

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
Hey, Brady is getting old :patriots!:heart:
Don't forget we drafted Ryan Mallett. He should be good to go when Tom retires as a Pat in 5 years. Cassel was a flash did some good things but he will never be a Super Bowl QB.

Two seperate questions.

Cassel did a pretty good job when he was thrust into the starting position when TFB got hurt.

Was that due to him? The coaches? The rest of the team? :shrug:

He did what was asked of him that season, and one only has to look around the NFL to see what could have happened when a top ranked QB got hurt.

Does that make Cassel one of then top 5/10 QB's in the league? :shrug:

Pioli?

OK, to be able to answer this question one has to be able to answer another.

What exactly was his role with NE?

BB will delegate certain task to certain people. What did he delegate to Pioli? How does that compare to what he now does at KC? :shrug:

For example, did Pioli have the lead for establishing the draft board for the Pats and BB simply gave a thumbs up or down on any given player? If yes, then the next obvious question is how often did he over rule Pioli's board?

If we don't know the answer to these questions, then we can't honestly evaluate what he was responsible for here.

Now, it is clear he is accountable for more at KC than he was here.

When he was here, BB was in charge, and that was never in doubt. Thus BB is accountable. We simply don't know what he was responsible for.

I like those guys, and a lot of other departeds but the ones I miss in the roles they occupied in NE are Crennel and Weis. IMO Cassel struggled last year because he didn't have Charlie, among a few other reasons.

I like those guys, and a lot of other departeds but the ones I miss in the roles they occupied in NE are Crennel and Weis. IMO Cassel struggled last year because he didn't have Charlie, among a few other reasons.

Was glad to see Charlie Weis to go to KU. I want to see him be successfull on his own merits with out the curtails of Pioli or even BB. He is a good coach and deserves to find success on his own.

Is one of those reason because he is an average QB?

Cassel would only be good with a team around him to carry him. He wouldn't of got a shot had Brady not go down by that hit he took from Pollard. That still haunts me about it.

He did get his shot and he won 11 games. Most years, that would get you into the playoffs, and occasionally (like in 2001) it could even get you a first round bye.

I believe he had a pro-bowl season in KC too. Last year's issues in KC were a lot bigger than Cassel, IMO. The only reason I don't miss Cassel here, is because Brady hasn't gone down again.

He did get his shot and he won 11 games. Most years, that would get you into the playoffs, and occasionally (like in 2001) it could even get you a first round bye.

I believe he had a pro-bowl season in KC too. Last year's issues in KC were a lot bigger than Cassel, IMO. The only reason I don't miss Cassel here, is because Brady hasn't gone down again.

As said, Cassel is a good Qb with a lot of pieces around him...there are a lot of QB's like that in the NFL....with that said, I think KC wanted more then that....they wanted a QB that could make a team better and not a QB that needs a lot of things to make him better.

His pro-bowl season for the chiefs was a joke. I'm from the mid-west region and that's what we get to watch here. All the credit for Cassel goes to the running game from Jamaal Charles and much kudos to Charlie Weis. Chiefs got slammed in the playoffs with Cassel that year and he looked lost. The Chiefs had the number one rushing offense and the 31st rank passing that year. So what did Cassel do to deserve pro-bowl? Oh and D Bowe had to make carnival catches half the time from his throws. With out the running game in KC Cassel couldn't do anything to help his team.

Was glad to see Charlie Weis to go to KU. I want to see him be successfull on his own merits with out the curtails of Pioli or even BB. He is a good coach and deserves to find success on his own.
Charlie is a great OC and great for QBs...IMO he's not a HC. He's probably a decent recruiter too. Look at how many of his ND guys have gotten drafted. I think in those aspects he is successful outside BB/Pioli. I don't credit BB much with Crennel/Weis because their career success predates being hired by BB.

Charlie is a great OC and great for QBs...IMO he's not a HC. He's probably a decent recruiter too. Look at how many of his ND guys have gotten drafted. I think in those aspects he is successful outside BB/Pioli. I don't credit BB much with Crennel/Weis because their career success predates being hired by BB.

I think he can make a good HC for KU. There program can use a guy like him, like you said a decent recruiter but he is a good coach too. KU football hasn't been up to par but there basketball program with Bill Self is top notch.

I didn't understand the relationship with Coach Haley and Coach Wies. Haley seemed to be a prick and wonder if thats why Wies left the Chiefs? Weird how that unfolded for them.

Who is this "Pioli" and "Cassel" you speak of?

You must not have seen Cassels shoe commercial. lol it was dumb but funny. He says "Come at me bro" and then throws a shoe at a smuck.

"Come at me bro" ya tell a linebacker that smart.

Back