Dungy

I wanted to do a little research. So I looked up the words Douche and Douchbag and BB's picture was still next to it. Go figure.

Funny I looked up best coach in the NFl and BB's picture was there too. Dungy always has a comment to say on another player or team, maybe one day he can look and point the finger back at himself or his team.

Funny I looked up best coach in the NFl and BB's picture was there too. Dungy always has a comment to say on another player or team, maybe one day he can look and point the finger back at himself or his team.

He was asked a hypothetical question on a national network and answered. Did you watch the clip?

I didn't watch it last night, but I did just pull it up online here (beginning at about 1:49), but fail to see the issue. He didn't say what Michigan Dave claims in the OP.

Q" "If you were Mike McCarthy, and Brett calls you and says he wants to come back, what are you going to do? What are you thinking?"
A:"Well, I don't know where Mike is, but know if that were Peyton and I, we would've had some discussions, talk the whole thing through, and get on the same page, and understand what we're going to do, and what's going to be best for Brett and for the team."

:shrug:
I think the inference using the term would've is that they would not have fallen into the bad situation that Green Bay is in now by not knowing what Brett is going to do,nor would they ever be in that situation because Dungy and Manning would've been on the same page from start to finish.....unlike the way McCarthy and Favre are,which is a dig at the Green Bay organization in a very subtle,but smarmy sanctimonious way...sort of a "We would never wind up in the shitty position that Green Bay is in because we are St.Dungy and Peyton".It comes across very judgemental and quite frankly,it's typical of Dungy's hypocritical nature that drives people nuts around here

As usual, Tmack, Dungy has something to say about a team that's not his own. Almost every other coach in the NFL would say something along the lines of, "Sorry, that's not my team, I don't have an opinion". But no, St. Dungy always has an opinion.

After all, it IS a black day in the NFL if Brett Favre returns.

As usual, Tmack, Dungy has something to say about a team that's not his own. Almost every other coach in the NFL would say something along the lines of, "Sorry, that's not my team, I don't have an opinion". But no, St. Dungy always has an opinion.

After all, it IS a black day in the NFL if Brett Favre returns.

Did you watch the video? What did he say about someone else's team? He was asked a hypothetical question, and answered.

Did you watch the video? What did he say about someone else's team? He was asked a hypothetical question, and answered.

He was asked that question about the other team. Just because something is worded hypothetically doesn't mean it's not a direct question. It's a journalist trick.

He was asked that question about the other team. Just because something is worded hypothetically doesn't mean it's not a direct question. It's a journalist trick.

Okay, but he still didn't say anything bad about Favre, McCarthy, or the Packers, so I don't see why it's an issue.

Paraphrasing: "We would talk about it, make sure we're on the same page, and figure out what's best for both the team and the QB." :shrug:

Furthermore, it must not have been Jamie Dukes asking the question, because there's no way that guy knows any "journalist tricks." :D

Okay, but he still didn't say anything bad about Favre, McCarthy, or the Packers, so I don't see why it's an issue.

Paraphrasing: "We would talk about it, make sure we're on the same page, and figure out what's best for both the team and the QB." :shrug:

Furthermore, it must not have been Jamie Dukes asking the question, because there's no way that guy knows any "journalist tricks." :D

:shake:

You're not quite there yet, bro.

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more hate.

As others have stated....

Dungy's response should have been something along the lines of....

I really don't know what the situation is up there so it would be hard for me to answer that.

End of story.

But Dungy just had to taught how he and Peyton would never let the situation get to this.

STFU

As others have stated....

Dungy's response should have been something along the lines of....

I really don't know what the situation is up there so it would be hard for me to answer that.

That's the thing. He wasn't asked to comment on the situation up there, he was asked what he would do, to which he said nothing that should raise an eyebrow. I just don't get it. :blink:

That's the thing. He wasn't asked to comment on the situation up there, he was asked what he would do, to which he said nothing that should raise an eyebrow. I just don't get it. :blink:

Because that's the same thing as commenting on the situation.

Back