Dungy

I dunno about that. I'm not a Christian, but I know a lot of them who practice many other elements of their religion and who are not as preachy as Dungy.

Bottom line, I think he's one of the biggest total flaming douche bags in sports, if not the biggest, and I think that it's not fair at all to blame his religion.

Based on what I know of Christianity, if he was truly following it, and was a sincere person, he wouldn't spout this kind of nonsense at every turn.

That said, I'm with you on the GO TO HELL part.
that is why I said "so-called" Christians...people who talk the talk yet fail to walk the walk

I am all for the "true" christians who give of themselves not for Glory the fake ones like Dungy seek but for the internal feeling of good that helping someone else provides

Brady v Manning is a debate with merit. That one is not. It's not even close.

well if you let D22 up in here he will claim Dungy is the most winning coach via win % and thats all that matters :p

The Lord will do what he wants and Dungy being a man of god should know that.

LordFavre.jpg

This turn of events should surprise no one.

It's a dark day for the NFL if Favre returns. So sayeth Saint Dungy of Indianapolis.

I didn't watch it last night, but I did just pull it up online here (beginning at about 1:49), but fail to see the issue. He didn't say what Michigan Dave claims in the OP.

Q" "If you were Mike McCarthy, and Brett calls you and says he wants to come back, what are you going to do? What are you thinking?"
A:"Well, I don't know where Mike is, but know if that were Peyton and I, we would've had some discussions, talk the whole thing through, and get on the same page, and understand what we're going to do, and what's going to be best for Brett and for the team."

:shrug:

Dungy is the debil..

Well, I didn't watch it last night, so I hadn't responded to the thread, but I was seriously expecting something damning or potentially controversial coming out of Dungy's mouth, such as "I'll have some pretty juicy comments for you." There was really nothing there, even though the two hosts kept pressing him for three or four questions. :coffee:

Well, I didn't watch it last night, so I hadn't responded to the thread, but I was seriously expecting something damning or potentially controversial coming out of Dungy's mouth, such as "I'll have some pretty juicy comments for you." There was really nothing there, even though the two hosts kept pressing him for three or four questions. :coffee:

I didn't see it either and honestly don't care, just trying to stir the pot a little.

I didn't watch it last night, but I did just pull it up online here (beginning at about 1:49), but fail to see the issue. He didn't say what Michigan Dave claims in the OP.

Q" "If you were Mike McCarthy, and Brett calls you and says he wants to come back, what are you going to do? What are you thinking?"
A:"Well, I don't know where Mike is, but know if that were Peyton and I, we would've had some discussions, talk the whole thing through, and get on the same page, and understand what we're going to do, and what's going to be best for Brett and for the team."

:shrug:

See, the appropriate answer is "I'm not Mike McCarthy, I'll comment on my team." or "I'm just focused on the Chicago Bears."

I wanted to do a little research. So I looked up the words Douche and Douchbag and BB's picture was still next to it. Go figure.

See, the appropriate answer is "I'm not Mike McCarthy, I'll comment on my team." or "I'm just focused on the Chicago Bears."

Why is what BB would say the only "appropriate answer?" They asked his opinion of something, which first was retirement (something he's been contemplating the last two years), and then asked his opinion as a head coach. He didn't say anything to the effect of, "we would've handled it better" or anything, so I just don't see what your issue is. If you watch the segment the entire way through, it's more boring than anything else.

You gonna pick up Dungy's new book? ROFL

Back