Eric Weddle looking for team ready to contend

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss Eric Weddle - DB - Free Agent

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports free agent S Eric Weddle has offers from four teams.

Per Rapsheet, Weddle will take the weekend to weigh his options before making a decision on Monday. Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports is hearing the Ravens, Steelers and Cowboys are all "keeping close tabs" on Weddle. The Raiders have been linked to him as well.

If he wants a team ready to contend that would let the Ravens and the Cowboys out, and based on his age the Raiders would really be pushing it. But hey, Matt Forte said he wanted to play in Super Bowls and then turned around and signed with the Jets, so who knows what to believe when these guys talk anyway.

False internet information strikes again.... :banghead:

Nutkick

So is it safe to say that when a player says he wants to play for a contender hes basically saying he's going the highest bidder

So is it safe to say that when a player says he wants to play for a contender hes basically saying he's going the highest bidder

The hypocrisy is laughable. Same with Hicks and the Bears. BB rang him last night to offer him a longer deal but with less up front cash than the Bears offer.

Of course Hick then chooses the Bears. S team going absolutely nowhere and are guaranteed to win nothing for the rest of Hicks's contract.

He got stupid money for a 31-yr old. 4 yrs, $29 mil with $13 guaranteed. $9 mil the first year.

I'm pretty sure Caserio calls sniffing on some of these guys, hears a price tag, and slams the phone down.

I'm sure playing for a winner was their original intent. That is until they found out what the difference in pay between playing for a winner and playing for a loser was. Then they decided that maybe losing wasn't all that bad.

I'm sure playing for a winner was their original intent. That is until they found out what the difference in pay between playing for a winner and playing for a loser was. Then they decided that maybe losing wasn't all that bad.
Look at the money Baltimore gave him. Pats would not have been in the same universe with their offer. Still a hypocrite but it wouldn't shock me if the inflated FA market this year is causing a few vets to sign for teams they otherwise wouldn't.

How is he a hypocrite? I mean he DID sign somewhere with an ELITE QB. :D

In all seriousness, I would expect Balt. to be in it most years, despite their 2 down years in the last 3.

Look at the money Baltimore gave him. Pats would not have been in the same universe with their offer. Still a hypocrite but it wouldn't shock me if the inflated FA market this year is causing a few vets to sign for teams they otherwise wouldn't.

Yeah, that was pretty much what I was saying. If we were talking a million or two between a winner and loser I'm sure he would have went with the winner. When he saw that the gap was much bigger it made him rethink his position.

Most players want the money. Rings are only a bonus, and older players who have already made their money seem to be the ones who will give some up for a chance at a ring.

The Ravens are going to suck for a long time with Flacco's contract around their necks and literally no talent outside of Smith on the offense. Wonder if they try to do something with Suggs coming off the Achilles for the second time in his career.

Yeah, many here would be similar to these players I'm guessing. You can only play so long...and afterwards most likely FUBAR'd health/body wise. I would take the most that I could get too. Of course you would want to be a winner that gets as many rings as you could, but, what if your only options are on a bad team? At least they're playing in the NFL...

How is he a hypocrite? I mean he DID sign somewhere with an ELITE QB. :D

In all seriousness, I would expect Balt. to be in it most years, despite their 2 down years in the last 3.

It's actually 2 down years in a row with progressively worse records. The Ravens as we knew them are gone.

It's actually 2 down years in a row with progressively worse records. The Ravens as we knew them are gone.

Yeah. The Ravens need help everywhere. Joe's contract will only hinder the rebuild. Ozzie has really done a lousy job the last few years just like Reese in NY. Goes to show how hard it is to rebuild a champ team. We just take it for granted here in NE because we have Bill and the GOAT Qb.

Yeah, he would be a good signing for the Pats. Seems like a good player.

What? He signed with the Ravens?

Oh, he sucked anyway.

Back