ESPN lost 621000 subscribers last month

good, this is how change will happen. either that, or they will disband. that is, if the govermnent does not decide they are "too big to fail". :rolleyes:

This is a totally appropriate response for espn becoming the NFL FO's media outlet for lies since Bountygate. Fans are tired it and I don't mean just NO and NE fans. Everyone sees it. A legit poll as to the actual reasons why espn subscriptions are dropping would be very interesting. #integrity

I don't think this has much to do with deflategate... ESPN has been (over)paying for live sports content for years while raising subscribers fees at an unsustainable rate. At some point that bubble has to burst and ESPn already had to make major cuts.

I don't think this has much to do with deflategate... ESPN has been (over)paying for live sports content for years while raising subscribers fees at an unsustainable rate. At some point that bubble has to burst and ESPn already had to make major cuts.

You're probably right which is why I'd like to see a poll as to why subscribers are leaving. It may simply reflect cable losing subscribers as a whole but I personally know many people who refuse to watch espn any more. Cutting the expensive cable cord is probably the #1 reason but reasons 2-10 are the ones I want to see.

The bubble just happen to BURST simultaneously with the world becoming completely aware of the league's nefarious favoritism and epic incompetence while ESPN has served blatently as shills for them as T.A.S.S. shilled for Soviet Russia? You could well be right but I prefer to believe you aren't. :shrug:

Cheers, BostonTim

The bubble just happen to BURST simultaneously with the world becoming completely aware of the league's nefarious favoritism and epic incompetence while ESPN has served blatently as shills for them as T.A.S.S. shilled for Soviet Russia? You could well be right but I prefer to believe you aren't. :shrug:

Cheers, BostonTim

Switch out Russia for Hillary...and it makes more sense. :coffee:

I'm avoiding ESPN as much as possible but because of the live games I want to watch I am not prepared to pull the plug

I've avoided ESPN and SI as much as possible since they're role in Spygate. Makes me cringe just speaking the "gates".

King and everyone at ESPN can eat a bag 'o dicks.

I'm avoiding ESPN as much as possible but because of the live games I want to watch I am not prepared to pull the plug

fvck espn

edit: but unfortunately this subscriber loss is from cord cutting not some kind of four letter network backlash. according to the article every one that has cable pays the four letter network $7 a month, cut the cord!

This is music to my ears. This will be the biggest media collapse since AOL/TW.

All i know is regardless of what's driving the loss, I'm enjoying their misery.

DG was symptomatic of a media company that forgot long ago that its job is to broadcast sports not carry the NFLs water and focus on sensationalism rather than the play on the field. Honestly, every single ESPN "show" is unwatchable and now that the NFL product on the field stinks, they are done.

To the point an earlier poster made about cord cutting and such being an issue.. when you think about it, ESPN's woes would extend right back to the NFL, if ESPN and others are overpaying for broadcast rights, sooner or later the money pipeline to Goodell and the owners is going to diminish. I'm not sure that's a bad thing either.

Only thing I read on ESPN.com is Mike Reiss. He has been consistently good on Pats over the years and on various media. If Jerry Thornton can chuck weei to go to barstools, I have hope for Mike to be elsewhere.

Back