Ex-NFL WR poll

MAYHEM

Reaction score
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=547527

Here's the questions asked with my answers added:

1) If you could catch passes from one quarterback in today's game, who would it be?
Peyton

2) Who is the best wide receiver in today's game?
Andre Johnson

3) Do you think Terrell Owens' move to Buffalo will end well?
popcorn

4) Which receiver has the best hands?
Reggie Wayne

5) Who's the most overrated wide receiver in the game today?
Lee Evans

1) If you could catch passes from one quarterback in today's game, who would it be?
Drew Brees

Larry Fitzgerald

yes

Calvin Johnson

Lee Evans

I saw that. I was shocked when I saw Manning outnumbered Brady in their eyes 17.5 (.5??? how did they get HALF a vote?)-4. Yowsah, the size of that gap makes no sense.

Brees

Andre Johnson

He will still produce

Fitzgerald

Torry Holt

Brady

Johnson - texans

no he will destroy the young QB

Wes Welker - man touches it he catches it

T.O. -far too many drops of easy balls

<<
Do you think Terrell Owens' move to Buffalo will end well?

"I think with the right coaching, it will be great. But unfortunately, Bill Belichick's staff is in New England." -- Eric Moulds
>>

ROFL wish I could give Moulds a +1 for that.

The Manning answer makes perfect sense - remember, these are Wide Receivers, all ego, limited brain - Peyton was a gunslinger in college and hasn't slowed down since being drafted. Tommy didn't even come close to Peyton as a gunslinger before 2007. Doofis want deep ball, throw Peyty throw.

Torry Holt
I've always thought he was underated myself. Now he's just average, but I wondered a few years back why he was never mentioned with T.O, Harrison, Moss, and Chad Johnson when they were considered the best. His stats have been solid every year and he used to be good for a TD a game, plus he has a ring.

The Perriman quote alone pretty much destroys any credibility this poll might have had in my eyes. If you're using receivers who are that ignorant, why bother with the poll?

The Perriman quote alone pretty much destroys any credibility this poll might have had in my eyes. If you're using receivers who are that ignorant, why bother with the poll?

I thought the welker comment was stupid too. Welker was one of the few bright spots when he was in Miami.

The Manning answer makes perfect sense - remember, these are Wide Receivers, all ego, limited brain - Peyton was a gunslinger in college and hasn't slowed down since being drafted. Tommy didn't even come close to Peyton as a gunslinger before 2007. Doofis want deep ball, throw Peyty throw.
:zombie: !!!!!!!
You make perfect sense, as usual. :)
Welker once made a comment that shows he gets it though. He said that Brady puts the ball where he can do something with it after the catch which is rare.

Brady

Larry Fitzgerald

popcorn
Larry Fitzgerald

TO

I thought the welker comment was stupid too. Welker was one of the few bright spots when he was in Miami.
The problem was that he took it way too far.

It would be pretty easy to make the point that Welker benifits greatly from the attention that Randy Moss gets and that it translates into increased production.

But alot of that IS Welker as well and he should get credit for it. I'd love to have him on our team. I can't imagine how dangerous he would be out of the slot with Wayne and Gonze on either side and Clark at TE.

Brady

Andre Johnson

No. He will be the same as before.

Jerry Rice

TO

The problem was that he took it way too far.

It would be pretty easy to make the point that Welker benifits greatly from the attention that Randy Moss gets and that it translates into increased production.

But alot of that IS Welker as well and he should get credit for it. I'd love to have him on our team. I can't imagine how dangerous he would be out of the slot with Wayne and Gonze on either side and Clark at TE.

Yeah unlike how dangerous he is now in the pats offense. :rolleyes:

Back