Free Midgar

Wherever you are Midgar, I know you are enjoying this one.

Middy is alive and well on FB:D

so did I, so did most avioid him when he got caught in a loop but you have to admit you got sucked in at times.
when threads became too repetitive and all other posters left that were annoyed, this place would be empty.

yup I miss what was here in my beginning too but it had to happen with all the high jacking going on because of the bickering. Sucks but it was an angry place.It would have been a mass banning.

I keep hearing about a "circle of posters".... people do tend to gravitate to like minded posters but I see much less of that than in the past. I do think strong minded posters still exist that refuse to listen to others and are often the type to jump on a poster if they disagree, especially a new poster who is learning the feel of the place.

I am now feeling old, I miss the good old days. Do You know what, everyone's shit stinks, no poster is better than the others. The self moderation by the masses in 2005 when I joined is replaced with a gang tackle. People talk down, not too other posters when they are pointing out things. The NOOB thread would have a boat load of people welcoming a new poster, telling them to look around and jump right in. Most posters here did Jump right in, I did. no lurking I stepped into it and instantly Alice and MGOblue and others would point me into correct direction. I remember it because I was made to feel welcome. I found this place to distract myself from watching someone with cancer die. That welcoming was teh greatest feeling. I could escape the real life shit. I tihnk people need to be more welcoming. I always use AWTE as an example of a football brain that can talk to the smartest, most experienced fan and not miss a beat and explain the same play to the most inexperience noob football fan. It is a gift to be able to do that.

today we all want to be the news breaker, and "I posted that in this thread" is often posted. Who cares if the topic demands a singular thread let it have one. we can merge them if they have to be later. We all think we know football but truthfully we know shit. compared to the man we follow blindly (BB) and his choosen Son(TB) and the staff we know NUTHIN. Remember that when the next time you read someone screw up what coverage teh defense played. Mistakes happen. I screwed up this week and I was politely corrected. I knew my mistake once I re-read it but it was a simple "McCourty plays..." post. No BS, now mounting my ass because I messed up.

I hope with this move in this thread we will start to see a civility on the planet again, we will start to see more fun, maintain the information flow but enjoy it.... we only have a few more years of Brady, why waste them jumping up the asses of fellow Patriots fans. Remember it is a tailgate, anything goes at any times but keep it real, no need to polute teh football forum with pictures of Rex eating a tuna sandwich off his wifes feet :puke:. But enjoy this run, they are gearing up for another big push, the haters will return and a united front is what we are going to need.

19-0 baby, 19-0

Interesting post. I'm late to the party and since there were only a few pages listed I read it all. I never had a problem with Middy. If he ticked me off I walked away. Something I do on this board when people tick me off. It's a board and while I adore a heck of a lot of you guys here, it's a board. Though any day of the week I would have a meal with you and talk your ear off. I remember the day Middy agreed with me. Color me shock, let me tell you.

Things back then were different, I been on this board a heck of a while now. I liked it back in the day, after a while things got nuts, people were leaving, people were hijacking, people were being to be blunt plain out assholes. I am sure I have done that as well.

I know I didn't like it when it changed, prefered the old format. When I first joined, I didn't lurk and wait, I jumped in feet first like you shugs.

I like Middy. But then we didn't have a lot of run ins. I accepted he was a hard core fan who sometimes got a bit too passionate about it and other issues.

But as always I leave the board in the hands of the mods. You guys are mods for a reason. Shame though that it is all male run. My little what the ....

Anyhoo.

Interesting post. I'm late to the party and since there were only a few pages listed I read it all. I never had a problem with Middy. If he ticked me off I walked away. Something I do on this board when people tick me off. It's a board and while I adore a heck of a lot of you guys here, it's a board. Though any day of the week I would have a meal with you and talk your ear off. I remember the day Middy agreed with me. Color me shock, let me tell you.

Things back then were different, I been on this board a heck of a while now. I liked it back in the day, after a while things got nuts, people were leaving, people were hijacking, people were being to be blunt plain out assholes. I am sure I have done that as well.

I know I didn't like it when it changed, prefered the old format. When I first joined, I didn't lurk and wait, I jumped in feet first like you shugs.

I like Middy. But then we didn't have a lot of run ins. I accepted he was a hard core fan who sometimes got a bit too passionate about it and other issues.

But as always I leave the board in the hands of the mods. You guys are mods for a reason. Shame though that it is all male run. My little what the ....

Anyhoo.
I'm hearing Brucina jenner will be a mod here soon.ROFL

giphy.gif

You guys love to punish people on this board.

and you wonder why there is so little traffic.

I've lurked/posted at tons of forums. Never seen any group of posters so defensive before. Especially in a forum for one team. I joined and thought this place was a bit dead and couldn't really understand why. Well it seems pretty obvious now.

This thread is actually pretty funny.

I knew Midgar from ESPN. We got along great. Because we both knew football and didn't tolerate the idiots.

"Whether it's the hands team, where you have starting wide receivers, or the kickoff coverage team, where maybe you have a starting safety. We really want our role players and our backup players to be the core of our special teams, that's what we try to build, but we're always trying to put the best players out there, because you have to play 11 players, and we're trying to put what we think are the 11 best players out there at one time, and then kind of go from there."

I've lurked/posted at tons of forums. Never seen any group of posters so defensive before. Especially in a forum for one team. I joined and thought this place was a bit dead and couldn't really understand why. Well it seems pretty obvious now.

Well, assuming you don't rehabilitate over here then you'll have to find greener pastures to spread your wealth of football acumen around in.

I've seen a lot of people come and go here over the years, but I can't recall a single one that started so many threads so quickly with most of them framing your own half-baked, wild-ass opinions as if they were established facts. This, in my opinion, tends to cause conflicts.

I didn't bother to comment much, because I tend to steer clear of experts like you due to my inferior football knowledge, but I had you marked as a problem child from your first half-dozen posts. I guess my instincts were correct.

We're defensive?

Maybe you should consider that you present the online persona of a jackass.

Well, assuming you don't rehabilitate over here then you'll have to find greener pastures to spread your wealth of football acumen around in.

I've seen a lot of people come and go here over the years, but I can't recall a single one that started so many threads so quickly with most of them framing your own half-baked, wild-ass opinions as if they were established facts. This, in my opinion, tends to cause conflicts.

I didn't bother to comment much, because I tend to steer clear of experts like you due to my inferior football knowledge, but I had you marked as a problem child from your first half-dozen posts. I guess my instincts were correct.

We're defensive?

Maybe you should consider that you present the online persona of a jackass.

It's true, Hawg. Most of us don't have the exceptional capacity of football knowledge that Tony has. So I'm curious, do YOU think Gronk will have 20 TDs next season? I mean, this is an important and intriguing football question that begs for in-depth, intellectual debate. My answer would have been "Maybe", but what do I know, right?

It's true, Hawg. Most of us don't have the exceptional capacity of football knowledge that Tony has. So I'm curious, do YOU think Gronk will have 20 TDs next season? I mean, this is an important and intriguing football question that begs for in-depth, intellectual debate. My answer would have been "Maybe", but what do I know, right?

Oh, don't I know it. It can be intimidating to be in the presence of genius.

It was a great, great question and I'm sure there were many more unanswered gems that we might've been able to get to the bottom of if we just had moar time, such as:

Could Gronk do 20 keg stands in a row without getting dizzy?

What if Brandon LaFell could fly?

Does Darelle Revis really, really love us?

Back