Game: Name a Band's Best Song

Can't agree with that one.

I'd have to go with Zappa's The Torture Never Stops
Not familiar with that one. Will have to check it out.

Purely in the interest of musical research, of course.

Pink Floyd- gotta go with Comfortably Numb. Yeah, probably one of their most commercial, but it just makes me feel good when I listen to it. That and Wish You Were Here are very close.

Aerosmith- Sweet Emotion, FTMFW

SRV- I love Pride and Joy, makes me feel good, too, but gotta go with Texas Flood.

Fleetwood Mac- Dreams wuv

Led Zeppelin- Dazed and Confused, but lots of others, really hard to choose.

Pink Floyd- gotta go with Comfortably Numb. Yeah, probably one of their most commercial, but it just makes me feel good when I listen to it. That and Wish You Were Here are very close.

Aerosmith- Sweet Emotion, FTMFW

SRV- I love Pride and Joy, makes me feel good, too, but gotta go with Texas Flood.

Fleetwood Mac- Dreams wuv

Led Zeppelin- Dazed and Confused, but lots of others, really hard to choose.

Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks

How about Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4. ( Interestingly I only recently learned how the name came about. The band had been up all night working on some songs and someone asked what time it was, and the response was "25 or 6 to 4" ( meaning 25 or 26 minutes until 4:00 AM).

FFB

Sin City or Hot Burrito #1

Bringing to mind another story from "BostonTim's Ancient vault of Days Gone By.

I have vented on occasion about the treatment of vietnam vets on their return.

There was some Irony in the fact that the Seat of the Protest Movement was SF and SF was where we all pass through.
One thing I can't whine about: I got back to Oakland after 22 Months in Nam on April 5, 1969. They were just offering passes to see the Grateful Dead that night at the Avalon Ballroom. So I grabbed one and off I went. I noticed the Posters all over the place at the theater and damned if FFB weren't on for the next evening, the 6th.

Went right back to the barracks, started asking around and the duty officer came up with a free ticket to FFB. Great night. They played Sin City. I think they played HB #1. I know they played Lucille and You Win Again.

Gram is maybe the most underrated tragic death out there. But he kinda F'd up his music and went to France to hang with Keith Richards and that's what they call a "bad decision" around the NFL.

Anyway, his work with FFB and of course his work with the Byrds on the superb "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" always leaves me wondering what might have been.

Cheers, BostonTim

Was discharged and flew home on April 8th.

While most people probably like Black Hole Sun best, I think Soundgarden's best song is Spoonman.

Also, to mix up genres a little bit: Gangstarr - Take it Personal

Herbie Hancock - Watermelon man

Daft Punk - Da Funk (very torn between that and Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger)

Air - You Make it Easy (with Alone in Kyoto a very close second)

Weather Report - Cucumber Slumber (maybe Mysterious Traveler)

For those confused by BTs creative acronym, FFB is the Flying Burrito Brothers.
Just shoot me. :dom:

Thanks for figuring it out for me, but who gives a FF, bro? :jester:

Cheers, BostonTim

Led Zeppelin - All of my love

Milli Vanilli - Blame it on the rain

I see if our interweb love affair is going to get anywhere I'll need to kidnap you to a remote cabin and do a Kathy Bates on you for your own good. :doh:

For my twin brother MikieMo, our song:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5Da9sc6YDBo" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Country music...I don't do it. Love XTC, however ROFL. And how nice to discover you're such a romantic, Box...

Country music...I don't do it. Love XTC, however ROFL. And how nice to discover you're such a romantic, Box...
You want romance? Take your honey on a night time cruise through the Panama Canal. Steamy, placid water and overcast clouds reflecting the alternating red and white lights highlighting the bank and jungle away from the canal, exotic birds and monkeys calling in the jungle ... just don't take the trip with 16 hairy, ugly, smelly critters of the same gender. :doh:

Not familiar with that one. Will have to check it out.

Purely in the interest of musical research, of course.

Six words: Dale Bozzio, when she was young

It's on Zoot Alures, and make sure you listen to Black Napkins as well, they merge into one another.

You want romance? Take your honey on a night time cruise through the Panama Canal. Steamy, placid water and overcast clouds reflecting the alternating red and white lights highlighting the bank and jungle away from the canal, exotic birds and monkeys calling in the jungle ... just don't take the trip with 16 hairy, ugly, smelly critters of the same gender. :doh:

I've been to the Panama Canal, and took a boat ride on Gatun Lake, then visited with the Embera natives for the afternoon.

Back