Gronk retires....

Yes. But the percentage can only be known by them not the rest of us.
I've moved on from them. They already have.
This 100% its time to move on they’re not coming back and our future is bright perhaps not perfect but bright.
Mac is our no 1 QB now turn the page.

If Gronk and Brady are to petty to acknowledge they were both part of a team that succeeded throughout 2 decades ( well Brady was 2) then that’s on them.

lol

~Dee~

This 100% its time to move on they’re not coming back and our future is bright perhaps not perfect but bright.
Mac is our no 1 QB now turn the page.

If Gronk and Brady are to petty to acknowledge they were both part of a team that succeeded throughout 2 decades ( well Brady was 2) then that’s on them.

lol

~Dee~
Whoever would've thought that Tom Brady is the shallow and confidence lacking person he has shown himself to be?

Last edited:
I initially was tilted about Brady failing to acknowledge the Patriots in his "retirement" statement, but with hindsight making it obvious that charade was contrived and he never actually intended to genuinely walk away this year, softened the blow a bit.
We don't have enough data to know if Gronk actually intends to retire.

If he does, and he completely disregarded New England in his official retirement statement, fuck him.
If he knows he's coming back with certainty, and will retire permanently at a later time, whatever. If he mentions the Patriots at that point in time, cool. Ditto Brady.
If they both omit the Patriots, again, from their future, legitimate retirement statements, fuck 'em.

oh-no-top-gear.gif

Last edited:
I feel like you are giving him a pass. Nope. He has paid advisors and he himself has been smart enough to get people to think of him as you described above.

He isn't stupid.
Not a pass, just think most people do the best they can, and that he is immature and doesn't think deeply about much.

No, not stupid. I'd say simple, but that word has baggage. Maybe just immature and thoughtless. I do not think he's particularly intelligent as some said, and don't believe for a second he could have possibly have written his retirement statement. It is so blatantly a bad idea I don't think his agent would have written such an insulting piece, either.

This isn't a butt-hurt Pats fan reaction. I'd say the same thing if Peyton pretended that his football life revolved around the Broncos. In fact I'd mock him for it more than I do Brady. The same as if Joe Montana ignored his time with SF and only talked about how much fun KC was. Almost every NFL top player (other than Favre) who played his last games with a team other than his long-time original team has shown more class than Brady/Gronk. I just think while Brady deliberately chose his words, Gronk didn't write his himself.

My money is on his father as having written it, and so while I think it is rude, it doesn't bother me as it only shows his father's feelings toward the Pats, which we already knew.

Last edited:
Not a pass, just think most people do the best they can, and that he is immature and doesn't think deeply about much.

No, not stupid. I'd say simple, but that word has baggage. Maybe just immature and thoughtless. I do not think he's particularly intelligent as some said, and don't believe for a second he could have possibly have written his retirement statement. It is so blatantly a bad idea I don't think his agent would have written such an insulting piece, either.

This isn't a butt-hurt Pats fan reaction. I'd say the same thing if Peyton pretended that his football life revolved around the Broncos. In fact I'd mock him for it more than I do Brady. The same as if Joe Montana ignored his time with SF and only talked about how much fun KC was. Almost every NFL top player (other than Favre) who played his last games with a team other than his long-time original team has shown more class than Brady/Gronk. I just think while Brady deliberately chose his words, Gronk didn't write his himself.

My money his father as having written it, and so while I think it is rude, it doesn't bother me as it only shows his father's feelings toward the Pats, which we already knew.
It is stunning that both want nothing to do with the Patriots.
I don't believe Brady wrote his speech either.

I may be wrong. Tampa is the team that Gronk has played for the past 2 years. So, his retirement statement was aimed at the team that he is retiring from.
As a Patriots fan I don't feel the leat bit slighted. As I recall, he made a statement directed at the Patriots and Patriots fans when he retired the first time.

Stunning? Is it?

In the context of what is currently known it seems quite clear that these 2 have made horrible mistakes in their thinking.

It's been alluded to previously and it is a fact that a metric shit ton of former Patriots players since at at least 2000 have immense respect and more than a little love for this organization as has been mostly crafted by Bil Belichick.

Brady and Gronk are outliers. They simply got too big for their very well earned britches. They now continue to act out in passive-aggressive and at other times straight up screw you's to their ex after a divorce. They are like one who blasts their former spouse and has a terrible need to throw one better looking new shiny thing in their face, regardless of the of the shallowness of the shiny new things soul. The screw you's to the ex who provided the vehicle and means to achieve great heights, put you through college or whatever, which they properly used with their own effort to achieve.

Not a good look.

The thinking which brought them to these actions will likely bite them in the ass hard.

Stunning? Is it?

In the context of what is currently known it seems quite clear that these 2 have made horrible mistakes in their thinking.

It's been alluded to previously and it is a fact that a metric shit ton of former Patriots players since at at least 2000 have immense respect and more than a little love for this organization as has been mostly crafted by Bil Belichick.

Brady and Gronk are outliers. They simply got too big for their very well earned britches. They now continue to act out in passive-aggressive and at other times straight up screw you's to their ex after a divorce. They are like one who blasts their former spouse and has a terrible need to throw one better looking new shiny thing in their face, regardless of the of the shallowness of the shiny new things soul. The screw you's to the ex who provided the vehicle and means to achieve great heights, put you through college or whatever, which they properly used with their own effort to achieve.

Not a good look.

The thinking which brought them to these actions will likely bite them in the ass hard.
That's a good analogy. We've all known those toxic ex-spouses with a pathological need to trash their exes, one of the reasons my former wife and I refer to each other as our former wife/husband, not ex. But great analogy.

The behavior of both Brady and Gronkowsk toward Belichick, Kraft and Patriot fans is just classic passive aggressive. It won't ever change. They're angrily dismissive of everything and everyone associated with the Patriots, but neither have the balls, nor the honesty, to just express how hurt they've been by their meanie former coach, owner and fanbase. The most seminal moment for Brady came in his return game to Foxborough last season when he was booed upon coming out for his opening series after having been cheered during introductions. His father later stated how incomprehensible it was to him that Tompa could have been booed here. It was comparable to the prediction right here prior to that game by the primo Brady fan who wrote that she believed Brady would be cheered and the Pats would be booed at that game. Just delusionally out of touch with reality like Tompa and Gronkie.

Last edited:

And yet neither would have had football careers if it wasn’t for the Patriots.
Shows you who the true children are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stunning? Is it?

Not a good look.

So you put zero blame on Bill and Kraft?

Btw, There have been many players since 2000 that can’t stand the Patriots/Bill. Brady and Gronk are hardly outliers in that respect.

I don't really care about Gronk announcing his retirement again. I'm grateful for having a chance to watch the best TE in NFL history and he
was great here, but when it's over it's over. And, yes, he acted like a dick at times where the Pats are concerned, but I have no grudge against him.

Having said that, it wouldn't shock me if he came back again, since he has watched a ton of pro wrestling and some of those guys retired and came back
dozens of times. He is well aware of that. I'm not saying he can't make a living off his name recognition, but I don't think he'll do much in the entertainment industry without football
unless he knocks off the goofy doofus persona and shows some sort of maturity or personal arc befitting a guy heading for his mid-30s.

He can't go through the rest of his life playing the last frat boy at the party and I know he isn't quite the bonehead he portrays in public. I think he's painted
himself into a corner and it remains to be seen if he can find a way out.

My money is on his father as having written it, and so while I think it is rude, it doesn't bother me as it only shows his father's feelings toward the Pats, which we already knew.

That my friend, is a "pass". Just a longer one.

So you put zero blame on Bill and Kraft?

Btw, There have been many players since 2000 that can’t stand the Patriots/Bill. Brady and Gronk are hardly outliers in that respect.

There have been a few, yes. Much like Gronk and Brady maybe an assessment of who they are and have become is in order.

Back