Happy Immaculate Reception Day everyone!

AnOldTroll

Russel brand
Reaction score
The birth of Steeler Nation! :toast:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k3BmsangduI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I still remember watching it as it happened. What was just as controversial but lost to time was the refs using the TV replay to make a ruling. It had never been done before and there was no protocol in place to use it.

It also led to the rule change allowing a catch after another offensive player had touched the ball.

And Brady effectively ended the Steelers dynasty.

f%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BC-%EC%81%98%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BC-hi-v-ben-roethlisberger-asks-tom-brady-for-5510154.png

Then it was a fumble and not the tuck rule.

Not really. Replay proved that it was the right call.

Add to that play that Fuqua touched the ball first (see the ball actually change direction) it makes it that much more of a joke call.

The refs huddled and decided that they had better make the call go the Steelers way or they wouldn't get out of the stadium alive.

I consider the IR a legal play. Hit Tatum first, didn't touch the ground.

That said, not sure why an incredibly lucky play is that famous considering the Steelers lost the following week.

Add to that play that Fuqua touched the ball first (see the ball actually change direction) it makes it that much more of a joke call.

The refs huddled and decided that they had better make the call go the Steelers way or they wouldn't get out of the stadium alive.

Given the footage available, there is not enough evidence to over rule the call of TD on either end of the play. Even in today replay rules.

Suck it. :D:

Villapiano (I believe) admits the ball never touched the ground, he saw it in real time and has no incentive to help the Steelers.

I don't know whether the ball ever touched Fuqua, but if it did, it hit Tatum first. Highly suggestive the way the ball ricochets backwards.

Legal play, IMO.

I consider the IR a legal play. Hit Tatum first, didn't touch the ground.

That said, not sure why an incredibly lucky play is that famous considering the Steelers lost the following week.

:Lwelcome:

1st playoff win ever?

And the following week... if it wasn't for the fake punt.
Also, Pittsburgh went into mourning at the loss of Roberto Clemente that night.

1st playoff win ever?

And the following week... if it wasn't for the fake punt.
Also, Pittsburgh went into mourning at the loss of Roberto Clemente that night.

I get why it's memorable to a certain extent. Still think it's overrated compared to the Titles which were just around the corner. Shoot, beating Dallas in the SB twice is one of the most impressive things ever, considering what kind of franchise they had.

Back