Has Brady Lost His Mojo?

I know this guy isn't a member of Our Team anymore, or if it's bad manners to discuss players on other teams (except for Random Football News), but our long lost QB has been playing like dog shit for the Bucs. He said he'd retire when he couldn't cut it anymore, but has said he doesn't plan to retire after this season. So whaddya think? Should he bow out now before he craps all over his legend, or is this year simply growing pains of moving to a new team/new coaches/new teammates/new playbook, etc. and he'll be back to playing great again next year? Opinions, please.
:patslogo26:

I though Brady looked pretty good last night. I still don’t understand all the deep shots. They connected on one and immediately went for another 40 yard bomb. I just don’t get it. It’s predictable. I thought gronk looked good too. I don’t mind admitting I was hoping they beat the chiefs.
It doesn’t seem like they are using forrnette very well, and Brate needs more targets.

Jeez Hill went for 269 and 3 TDs. It seemed like all in the first quarter. How do you win against that?

While the defense adjusted well by the second quarter, the Bucks Dline looked completely gassed by the end of the game.

Mahomes is tough man, that guy slips out right when it’s about to be a sack every time. I haven’t watched many Steelers games this year but I don’t know who I’m the AFC can take them out.
I thought Brady looked really good too. He hit a lot of those deep shots and he was great on play action too. They really need to do more of that. I also thought the Tampa defense adjusted well in the second half limited Mahomes to just 10 points but they just could not get that final stop when Mahomes hit that pass on third down. Still, a very good showing by the Bucs other than that awful first quarter. They fought back and showed a lot of grit in the second half. Gronk really sparked them. Now they have the bye and then 4 pretty easy games to end the season. Hopefully they iron out some of the offensive play calls.

I think BB showed a very good way to beat Mahomes. The Pats just didn't have the guns on offense to keep up.
I agree but we just don't have the QB play at all this year which is depressing. Cam looks so bad. I keep hoping we can somehow secure the 7 seed and draw KC in round one but at this point I think we would struggle to score more than 10 points vs them.

The second INT was as horrible as Cam’s second INT. The WR had no chance.

No, Brady played a good half of a game.

And show me where I said that Cam played well.

It was kind of amusing how Brady had to focus on Gronk for the entire 2nd quarter to get back on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For the purposes of this thread it’d be nice to avoid the Brady, Cam comparisons.

The Pats are not playing the Bucs this year, and Cam and Brady were signed for different paychecks, and expectations. There is no comparison. It doesn’t matter.

It’d be nice to have an interesting discussion on whether Brady still has it. I think he still does.

For the purposes of this thread it’d be nice to avoid the Brady, Cam comparisons.

The Pats are not playing the Bucs this year, and Cam and Brady were signed for different paychecks, and expectations. There is no comparison. It doesn’t matter.

It’d be nice to have an interesting discussion on whether Brady still has it. I think he still does.

Well, I'd say he still has it physically but is losing it a bit in the quick decision-making process which was always his strength. It happens.

because i was watching "TheAftermath" on nfln while i was doing something, i didn't have the chance to fast forward through Mike Silver like i usually do. he was talking about the pointed comments arians made about how they run tb's plays only, the ones he wants, etc. silver said that tb would rather have a guy like arians who is blunt and honest than "where he was before where he never had any roses thrown his way". IF this is true, it is either tb whistling past the graveyard or it doesn't exactly paint tb is a good light(to me). not that silver was criticizing tb, i think silver believes tb is justified in that.

You need to let this go man....

People were unhappy with Brady for the way he dialled it in last season. That was uncharacteristic of him and it was poor form no matter what way you slice it. As he is very fond of saying, his number one goal is never stats or awards, it's being the best teammate he can be. He didn't do that last season. Some fans think after all the success here that he deserves a bit of slack, others think that NFL seasons are precious, careers are short and that kind of attitude was selfish. It left a sour taste in quite a few mouths. That's just the reality of it.

It is NEVER excusable to mail it in and be a bad teammate. if anything, it is MORE disappointing when the alltime great tb does it than when someone like antonio brown does it.

because i was watching "TheAftermath" on nfln while i was doing something, i didn't have the chance to fast forward through Mike Silver like i usually do. he was talking about the pointed comments arians made about how they run tb's plays only, the ones he wants, etc. silver said that tb would rather have a guy like arians who is blunt and honest than "where he was before where he never had any roses thrown his way". IF this is true, it is either tb whistling past the graveyard or it doesn't exactly paint tb is a good light(to me). not that silver was criticizing tb, i think silver believes tb is justified in that.
That doesn't make a lot of sense what Silver is saying there? I doubt if Brady or any player wants his head coach publically calling him out like that. That's a cardinal sin in sports I would have thought. BB always did it right. if the team lost, it was his fault, if the team won it was done to the players. That's the right way as players really notice that. The worst thing you can do to any pro sportsman is throw him under the bus.

No doubt after 19+ years, Tom got jaded with the BB treatment inside the team. I totally understand that.

You need to let this go man....

People were unhappy with Brady for the way he dialled it in last season. That was uncharacteristic of him and it was poor form no matter what way you slice it. As he is very fond of saying, his number one goal is never stats or awards, it's being the best teammate he can be. He didn't do that last season. Some fans think after all the success here that he deserves a bit of slack, others think that NFL seasons are precious, careers are short and that kind of attitude was selfish. It left a sour taste in quite a few mouths. That's just the reality of it.
Sounds pretty speculative to me....He played with a partial mcl tear last year, usually guys mailing it in, tend to avoid that. He seemed frustrated with some things, but say he didnt try or didnt care does not really hold up. If he didnt care he would not have seemed frustrated at all. He would just sit on the sideline with a smile and not say a word. Nobody on this team ever said anything like this at all nor any unnamed source or any unnamed coaches, etc etc. We are now guessing what Brady felt based on a report that he thought that 2019 would be his last year. Yeah NFL seasons are precious, which is why he looked pretty upset last year because he knew that offense was not going to be enough to go very far. Now why would he be upset if he didnt care? How does this make sense at all. Please explain it. So because last year erases everything and allows the board to be upset that he left, so they have to come with what he was thinking in his head. Please explain why he played hurt, why he was upset that the offense was how it was, and why nobody on the team or any coaches said this.

Sounds pretty speculative to me....He played with a partial mcl tear last year, usually guys mailing it in, tend to avoid that. He seemed frustrated with some things, but say he didnt try or didnt care does not really hold up. If he didnt care he would not have seemed frustrated at all. He would just sit on the sideline with a smile and not say a word. Nobody on this team ever said anything like this at all nor any unnamed source or any unnamed coaches, etc etc. We are now guessing what Brady felt based on a report that he thought that 2019 would be his last year. Yeah NFL seasons are precious, which is why he looked pretty upset last year because he knew that offense was not going to be enough to go very far. Now why would he be upset if he didnt care? How does this make sense at all. Please explain it. So because last year erases everything and allows the board to be upset that he left, so they have to come with what he was thinking in his head. Please explain why he played hurt, why he was upset that the offense was how it was, and why nobody on the team or any coaches said this.
He had an MCL sprain in the 2018 season, it was revealed in Jan 2019 I believe?

Tom Brady has already eclipsed the amount of regular season losses of the team he qb'd last year. He has more and better weapons around him and again same as last year one of the softest schedules. Has he lost his MOJO? Please ensure you blame everyone else around him, coaches, players, fans and the refs. I do not hate TFB, I hate the ballwashing and blaming everything but him.

Tom Brady has already eclipsed the amount of regular season losses of the team he qb'd last year. He has more and better weapons around him and again same as last year one of the softest schedules. Has he lost his MOJO? Please ensure you blame everyone else around him, coaches, players, fans and the refs. I do not hate TFB, I hate the ballwashing and blaming everything but him.
The Patriots eclipsed the amount of losses last year 2 losses ago. So did Bill lose his Mojo? You think Tampa had a soft schedule this year? What is that based on? Teams Tampa played this year have 68 wins, teams teh patriots played this year
have 64 wins and Tampa has played 1 less game.

Last edited:
Back